Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many great performances today.

VDS - 7 - Didnt put a foot wrong. Solid and confident.

Neville - 8 - Still has it. Led by example, made some great tackles.
Vidic - 9 - Collosus at the back. Scored a huge goal on the stroke of half time.
Evans - 9 - Equally as impressive as Vidic. He was a monster today.
Evra - 8 - Great going forward, what a cross for the 2nd goal. Pity he got injured.

Park - 9 - One of the best performances from the Korean. Amazing today.
Fletcher - 8 - Solid in the middle, ran his heart out.
Giggs - 10 - Perfection. Ran the show and performed heroics both in defence and attack. MOTM.
Ronaldo - 8 - Poor 1st half, but was so dangerous in the 2nd. Had 2 good goals chalked off.

Rooney - 9 - Great goal, workrate, the lot. nearly got MOTM. World class.
Berbatov - 8 - Not great first half, but 2nd he was a joy to watch. Deserved his goal. Genius.

SUBS:
Carrick - 7 - Kept it simple, job done.
O'Shea - 8 - Made some great tackles and got stuck in.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
VDS - 10 - Did his job. Didn't make one mistake or look like making one.

Vidic - 9 - Collosus at the back. Scored a huge goal on the stroke of half time.
Evans - 9 - Equally as impressive as Vidic. He was a monster today.
Evra - 8 - Great going forward, what a cross for the 2nd goal. Pity he got injured.

Park - 9 - One of the best performances from the Korean. Amazing today.
Fletcher - 9 - Solid in the middle, ran his heart out.
Giggs - 10 - Perfection. Ran the show and performed heroics both in defence and attack. MOTM.
Ronaldo - 8 - Poor 1st half, but was so dangerous in the 2nd. Had 2 good goals chalked off.

Rooney - 9 - Great goal, workrate, the lot. nearly got MOTM. World class.
Berbatov - 7 - Not great first half, but 2nd he was a joy to watch. Deserved his goal. Genius.

SUBS:

The bits I changed are in bold. I can't see where you'd dock marks from VDS.

Fletcher was immense in midfield. Made more tackles than Giggs and one crucial tackle in the game that could well have resulted in a Chelsea goal.

Berba played well. He could have closed down more and some of his flicks didn't come off. Also he was guilty of a few poor chances in goal scoring situations. But he is genius and proved it with the goal.

Team Performance 9/10 I haven't seen a United team that psyched up for a match in ages.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K4T- You cant give VDS a 10 :confused: He did his job but he wasnt tested an
awful lot. A keeper should only get a 10 if they make about 5/6 Worldies in a game, kinda like Friedel vs us :rolleyes:

Berba and Ron would have gotten 7's but they finished SO strongly that I had
to put them up a notch. They both had a poor first half, but second they showed their world class.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
best team performance for ages (definitely since the derby game). This performance puts me in good hope for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Van Der Sar - 8
Neville - 7
Vidic - 10
Evans - 8
Evra - 7.5
Park - 9.5
Fletcher - 7
Giggs - 10
Ronaldo - 9
Berbatov - 8
Rooney - 9

Subs:

O' Shea - 8.5
Carrick - 7

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
VDS - 7; Not much to do.
Neville - 8; Assured.
Vidic - 8; Assured - gave Evans the confidence he needed.
Evans - 8; I'm confident of him starting against Inter.
Evra - 8; Like he was never away.
Park - 9; Tireless. Proved his quality.
Fletcher - 7; Did a good job.
Giggs - 10; I've been criticising him lately, but what a performance. He can't play week in week out obviously, but in small doses, he can be great.
Ronaldo - 8; His best performance of the season imo.
Rooney - 7; Similar to Park. Didn't lunge in, had a very good game.
Berbatov - 8; Likewise Ronaldo, his best of the season. Critics are silenced.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Van Der Sar - 8
Neville - 7
Vidic - 9
Evans - 9
Evra - 8
Park - 9
Fletcher - 7
Giggs - 10
Ronaldo - 8
Berbatov - 9
Rooney - 9

Subs:

O' Shea - 8
Carrick - 7

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
VDS - - 8 Didnt have anything to do

Neville - - 9 What a performance! Brillaint defensively
Vidic - - 9 As usual , a man mountain
Evans - - 9 Number of stunning blocks at the edge of the box
Evra - - 9 Great going forward, brilliant cross. Hope he's ok

Ronaldo - - 8 Ok first half, better second. Unlucky not to get the goal
Fletcher - - 8 Bossed around Mikel and Lampard, held midfield well
Giggs - - 9.5 Legend. Bout sums it up
Park - - In Martin Tyler's words "an everlasting battery" ! Some crucial defensive work

Rooney - - 9 Worked hard all day, deserved his goal
Berbatov 7.5 - - Uninspiring firsthalf, did much better in the second. Great goal

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Everyone deserves a great big ZERO!!!! they played *****!!!

And fire that stupid coach!!!

...Oh wait, this isn't a Chelsea forum ;)

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Fergie - 10 - Simply because he masterminded a win today! and I was cringing a little bit when I saw Fletcher and Giggs in the midfield, but once again he got it right.

Referee - 7 - Had a pretty dodgy first half, didn't make too many mistakes in the 2nd.

Linesman - 1 - and only 1 for turning up. dickhead.

Vidic - 10 - Collosus at the back. Scored a huge goal on the stroke of half time and his genius created the goal for Berbatov. Just skinning Giggs for MOTM.
Evans - 8 - Equally as impressive as Vidic. He was a monster today. Vidic gets 1 extra mark for the goal and Berbatov assist (yeah I'll call that an assist :p)
Evra - 8 - Great going forward, what a cross for the 2nd goal. Pity he got injured. Makes a massive difference, and was good to see him performing at that level considering he's missed the last few games.

Park - 8 - A very good performance from Park, just lacking that final ball/finish.
Fletcher - 6 - Good energy, but ultimately no creativity, no class and looked the odd one out in what was a great team performance.
Giggs - 10 - Perfection. Ran the show and performed heroics both in defence and attack.
Ronaldo - 8 - Poor 1st half, but was so dangerous in the 2nd. Had 2 good goals chalked off. A bit of genius to set up Evra to cross for Rooney's goal. Some **** free kicks though.

Rooney - 8 - Finished a brilliant cross from Evra, worked his arse off, but I don't think he was as effective as he can be upfront.
Berbatov - 8 - Not great first half, but 2nd he was a joy to watch. Deserved his goal. Genius.

SUBS:

·
Registered
458 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
Referee - 7 - Had a pretty dodgy first half, didn't make too many mistakes in the 2nd.

Linesman - 1 - and only 1 for turning up. dickhead.

Vidic - 10 - Collosus at the back. Scored a huge goal on the stroke of half time and his genius created the goal for Berbatov. Just skinning Giggs for MOTM.
Evans - 8 - Equally as impressive as Vidic. He was a monster today. Vidic gets 1 extra mark for the goal and Berbatov assist (yeah I'll call that an assist :p)
Evra - 8 - Great going forward, what a cross for the 2nd goal. Pity he got injured. Makes a massive difference, and was good to see him performing at that level considering he's missed the last few games.

Park - 8 - A very good performance from Park, just lacking that final ball/finish.
Fletcher - 6 - Good energy, but ultimately no creativity, no class and looked the odd one out in what was a great team performance.
Giggs - 10 - Perfection. Ran the show and performed heroics both in defence and attack.
Ronaldo - 8 - Poor 1st half, but was so dangerous in the 2nd. Had 2 good goals chalked off. A bit of genius to set up Evra to cross for Rooney's goal. Some **** free kicks though.

Rooney - 8 - Finished a brilliant cross from Evra, worked his arse off, but I don't think he was as effective as he can be upfront.

SUBS:
Agree

·
Registered
915 Posts
VDS - 8 Not tested too much but solid when called upon.

Neville - 8 Rolled back the years for a strong performance.
Vidic - 9 As usual, there whenever we needed him, front & back.
Evans - 8 Really maturing into his role but would have had a tougher time if Drogba hadn't been so cack.
Evra - 9 Fantastic going forward & linked well with Ronaldo & Park on the wing.

Park - 8 Fantastic on the left in the first half but quieter when switched to the right
Fletcher - 8 Didn't give any of Chelsea's midfield a moments peace. Great workrate
Giggs - 9 Showed that the old guard will still have a major say in this seasons title race. MOM
Ronaldo - 8 Quiet first half, improved second. Unlucky to see 2 strikes ruled out.

Rooney - 8 Showed good predatory instinct for his goal but needs to stop the outbursts towards officials, even when they are wrong.
Berbatov - 8 Again, a well taken goal & some nice flicks but needs show a little more desire.

Subs:

O'shea - 7 Solid
Carrick - 7 no time to make an impact

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Van Der Sar - 7 - Nothing to do all day. Happy days...

Neville - 8 - Despite being pushed by Rafael, and Wes coming back, he was great
today IMO. Some very important headers.

Vidic - 10 - Monster! Incredible, kept Drogba in check all day and never gave him a
sniff. Also showed John Terry how to score from a corner! Amazing!

Evans - 9 - What a player to have in place of Rio. Can't recall any errors by him
today, so its another super

Evra - 10 - What a performance. My Man Of The Match. He was super and really
impressed for me. Great going forward, super jump and a world class cross for
the goal.

Park - 9 - First choice left winger now for me. Really proved his worth and never
gave up which was great to see. Hopefully now we see him starting more often
then not.

Fletcher - 7.5 - Did very well. Knitted everything together and was there to break
up Chelsea attacks. Very good.

Giggs - 9.5 - Sorry what age is he? 21? Superb stuff from him today. I was
amazed he was gonna start ahead of Anderson or Carrick and was wishing we'd
started one of the pre-mentioned, but boy did he prove me wrong. May have had
some bad performacnces lately, but he was superb. Even going a few mazy runs,
and he supplied a lovely cross for a goal that should have stood. Thank you Ryan

Ronaldo - 9 - Improved as the game went on. Should have had his header count,
had a free go close, had a wonderful shot go millimeters wide in the second and
embarrassed the Chelsea defence at times. How he was booked I'll never know...

Rooney - 9 - Like Fletcher, knitted so much together, back in the right back area
at one stage, cleared crosses, supplied great passes, ran his heart out and got
the all important goal for us. So happy to see him play as well as he did today.

Berbatov - 9 - Hit-man number 1. Held the ball up well, should have scored early
on, but fluffed his shot. Took his goal brilliantly and always seemed in complete
control and also showed us what a superb first touch he has time and time again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carrick - 6 - Didn't really influence much, but the game was over when he came on.

O'Shea - 7 - Slotted in well, battled hard, made good tackles and did well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fergie - 10 - Simply because he masterminded a win today!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
VDS - 7 Rarely tested but whenever called upon did well.

Neville - 9 I thought it was a mistake to start him today but wow he proved me wrong, solid preformance by the captain.
Vidic - 9 Legend had Drogba in his pocket all game and Anelka as well when he came on, such a threat at both ends of the field.
Evans - 9.5 My MOTM because he had a big job to do today, SAF clearly has faith in him and we should too after this preformance. Made some crucial blocks and tackles.
Evra - 8 Great cross for the 2nd and all round as usual a good preformance by him.

Park - 9 ANOTHER immense preformance proved why he is asian player of the year or w/e, work rate is top class and was a threat going forward all game.
Fletcher - 8 Still think Carrick should of started but Fletch had a decent game.
Giggs - 9 Wow how I ate my words about starting him, quality preformance his best of the season by a country mile, outclassed all of Chelsea's midfield (Mikel, Lampard etc.)
Ronaldo - 9 Finally got in a good preformance thought he was a threat going forward all game, deserved a goal, hopefully this will be a boost of confidence and this will fire him up for the rest of the season.

Rooney - 8.5 Cracking game topped off with a goal.
Berbatov - 8.5 Some quality touches, was a bit non existent for the first 30 mins but then got into the game.

SUBS:

Carrick - 7
O'Shea - 7.5

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
VDS - 8 Not tested too much but solid when called upon.

Neville - 8 Rolled back the years for a strong performance.

Vidic - 10 Just amazing. Did his job to stop Chelsea's strikers , scored a goal and
made a clever decision prior to Berbatov's goal. MOM

Evans - 8 Good job. I am more optimistic about games vs Inter after this performance.

Evra - 9,5 Our best player this season /with Vidic/ IMO. Another great performance.

Park - 8.5 As usual

Fletcher - 8 Didn't give any of Chelsea's midfield a moments peace. Great workrate

Giggs - 10 Showed that the old guard will still have a major say in this seasons title race. Good to see him back to his best form.

Ronaldo - 8 Quiet first half, improved second. His goal was disallowed :(

Rooney - 8,5 Showed good predatory instinct . Also some good passes to his teammates.

Berbatov - 8 1 goal and 1 assist is not bad at all but made some bad shots.

Overall team performance : 9,5

1 - 20 of 42 Posts