Carrick- 5- Passing was all over the place
Scholes- 4- Must have been his lowest passing % ever. He was shocking
Fletcher- 6- Alright solid but unspectacular
Park- 5- Nothing really

Rooney- 8.5- MOTM- Went for everything and was rewarded with a goal

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
tbh i think the team need to have a training session of just passing the ball:p!!but yeah rooney was amazing

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
vds - 6 did okay
O shea - 5 sloppy but slowly got a little better
evans - 5.5 - was exposed a little at times today
vidic - 6.5 Got stronger as the game went on imo.
evra 6.5 - started very poor but as the game went on he became the evra we know more of.
Fletcher -5 gave away the ball so many times and was not really with it, looked out of place with some quality ball players on the pitch.
Carrick - 4 - Shocking imo at times, he offered no drive at all, no creativity, no killer pass or nothing.
Scholes - 4.5 Started terrible and got worse for a while and then slowed things down and got abit neat but only wide passes, no penetrative pass or nothing.
Park - 4 - Did nothing again, no crosses of note, no penetration, to many misplaced passes.
Ronaldo - 5 was tidy in parts but when they won the ball off him he just literally watched and couldnt beat a player today...how funny to say for ronaldo. Poor and looked very jaded.
Rooney 7.5 - Looked good, fresh and had some desire about him. Not really looking world class or anything either which worries me, his goal was a gift which also worries me about our performance but still, he looked the most energetic united player.

Imo tevez should have played regardless of his international exploits, this is champions league quarter finals...you think he would have done the same to roanldo? I would have chose tevez to play with rooney and put ronaldo free to roam from the wing over one of the midfielders anyday. But im not questioning fergie, i have wayy to much faith in him, im just not sometimes agreeing with team selection at times recently.

Anyway we got lucky, maybe did not even deserve it but that is united. We make it difficult for ourselves and at porto, its going to be a huge task but one which is possible! Dont turn on our players yet people!

pz!:cool:

·
Registered
458 Posts
VDS-7

JOS- 6
Vidic-7.5
Evans-5
Evra- 6

Ronaldo- 5
Carrick- 5
Scholes- 5
Fletcher- 5
Park- 5

Rooney- 8

Tevez-7.5
Giggs-6
Nevile-5
:(

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
VDS 7( did all he can do whe he had to)
JoS-4( if we play him again it's a big question mark for Fergie..gave away passes to easily, destroyed almost every attacking chance we he was in it:red:)
Vidic - 7(realy strong and prooved that he regained his confidence..too bad that only him)
Evans - 4 (unfortunately he's lack of experience won tonight. He had a lot of great games this season, but we shouldn't forget how young he is. Rio wasn't there and it showed.)
Evra 6- (Not realy much to say about him, he tried and tried, not so good, but not bad as well. Not enough though)
Fletcher- 6.5 ( not realy much to complain about him tonight. He played realy realy well. Unfortunately he was one of the few , that showed a lot of will to do something right, last night)
Scholes - 5 ( certainly not the scholes we all know. The age is showing, and the sometimes impotent scholes showed his frustration and that's not good at all)
Carrick 5 (the master of creation was the master of destruction. I can only remember last season masterfull passes, and comparing to what we saw last night from him, well i think "we bought another player")
Ronaldo5.5( realy did nothing. Lack of will, superficial, what can i say more. He's thinking more and more at madrid. We lost a goal because he was superficial last night. Dribling without effect. NOTHING. Realy disapointing for player of his calibre.)
Park 4 (probably the weakest player on the field last night:red:. He was clueless. Gave away alomst every pass. It was like he was from another planet. The player of the month, must have gone to his head.)
Rooney. 7-(fighting till the end. Always concentrated and efficient. He had another chance when he was a bit selfish, and gave away a few times, but only a few times. He was by far one of the best player we had last night)

Giggs - can't grant him a mark cause he played so little time, but when he did, his crosses where pure genius. We certainly need that in porto.
Tevez - he almost gave away a penalty, but he did his job. Scored a goal that made us dream for about 4 minutes again. Then we blew it away, again .
Neville- has shown again that there is no way he can play in the center of the defence. he was caught there again like in the game with villa. he should stick to the wing where he's very good. Good crossing for him, but that's about it for how much he played. If he'll play at the dragao, he should stick to the wing, and leave Rio and Vida to their jobs.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Ronaldo5.5( realy did nothing. Lack of will, superficial, what can i say more. He's thinking more and more at madrid. We lost a goal because he was superficial last night. Dribling without effect. NOTHING. Realy disapointing for player of his calibre.)
End the crap, will you? EVERYONE should have done better yesterday, excluding Rooney .. Does that mean those players have their heart and mind somewhere else? No, the problem seems to be only with Ronaldo.
This discussion should be over, some of your reasoning is sick. ****in obsessed.
He is where he belongs and he knows it, and you should never question that because you wasn`t the one saying the same after AV`s performance, right?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I don't think i'm the one being obsessed. Maybe i woulnd't say this if he wouldn't have said last summer i want to go to Madrid, oki? He can say whatever he wants. If you watch in the final at moscow, he said he will remain at United, and what next? During the summer instead of everybody seeing what United acomplished, they've seen the Ronaldo Circus. At Villa was pure luck. Even in the game with Villa can't you see how he's playing. He's just playing because he has to. I'm realy sorry that we haven't given him permision to leave last summer. A player without the will and determination can't bring nothing good to the team. If you're saying something else, than you're watching another player. He'll say that he is staying, but you never know, and because of his atitude he'll leave for sure. Not because United are throwing him away, just because he wants it. He's done his job at Man Utd.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I don't think i'm the one being obsessed. Maybe i woulnd't say this if he wouldn't have said last summer i want to go to Madrid, oki? He can say whatever he wants. If you watch in the final at moscow, he said he will remain at United, and what next? During the summer instead of everybody seeing what United acomplished, they've seen the Ronaldo Circus. At Villa was pure luck. Even in the game with Villa can't you see how he's playing. He's just playing because he has to. I'm realy sorry that we haven't given him permision to leave last summer. A player without the will and determination can't bring nothing good to the team. If you're saying something else, than you're watching another player. He'll say that he is staying, but you never know, and because of his atitude he'll leave for sure. Not because United are throwing him away, just because he wants it. He's done his job at Man Utd.
Then i must say that Ronaldo is one of the most willing and determined players we have got in our squad, because as it is now, no one is scoring more goals than this lad is doing. What are you expecting more? I know which Ronaldo i`m watching, i can never defend his performances in such matches, i will never forget those things he said in Summer either. All i am saying is that while the under performing of others is due to fatigue or else for no reason, the reason you put for Ronaldo is that his mind ain`t at OT. Excellent.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
VDS-7

JOS- 4 totally sloppy gave the ball away far too easily
Vidic-7 played quite well as usual
Evans-5 played poorly , just goes to show how we miss rio
Evra- 6 played quite well

Ronaldo- 4 was it fernandes who marked him , i think ronnies still in his back pocket
Carrick- 5 poor game for carrick
Scholes- 4 alas how are we going to replace this once fantastic player , only a shadow of his former self
Fletcher- 5 usual headless chicken performance not united class
Park- 4 awful waste of possesion last night

Rooney- 8 exempt from blame played well

Tevez-6 did okay
Giggs- 5 no contribution
Nevile-5 put one great cross in

·
Registered
2 Posts
the whole system vs porto match is wrong.put ronaldo as a stricker.put park and fletcher as wing.so we have no attacking players in width.then what would scholes and carrick would do.to produce killer passing from carrick and scholes we need attacking players ie tevez and rooney up front ,ronaldo and park/giggs on wing.then only there would be confusion between opposing defenders.in this match rooney and ronaldo are coming deep most of the time.in the last 2 or 3 matches evra is playing very bad defensively,he is not getting back at time.fletcher is a good player,but not great,MAN UTD are the world champions,so we need great players at every position.i dont remember fletcher and park made any successfull crosses from wing.thats why i said whole system is wrong.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Then i must say that Ronaldo is one of the most willing and determined players we have got in our squad, because as it is now, no one is scoring more goals than this lad is doing. What are you expecting more? I know which Ronaldo i`m watching, i can never defend his performances in such matches, i will never forget those things he said in Summer either. All i am saying is that while the under performing of others is due to fatigue or else for no reason, the reason you put for Ronaldo is that his mind ain`t at OT. Excellent.
hm..oki...how do you explain his useless dribblings , instead of passing when needed he goes for his own, and another thing is the freekicks taht drives me crazy. out of ten i think at mos 2 go in. at most. I realy don't understand why aren't other let to try they're chances, the ones, like tevez, giggs and rooney. I've also criticised other players, not only him, but with he's style of playing makes me say he's not interested but only for personal glory. i'm realy interested how much is he running per game lately.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
VDS-8 had he not been in goal last night i think we'd be in a much worse situation
JOS- 4 was absolutely shocking last night
Vidic-7 Won a lot of headers
Evans-6 Gave away the goal. but played well after that
Evra- 5 Last 20 mins he was good but thats now 4 games in a row evra has not been himself

Ronaldo- 5- Offered nothing and gave the ball away
Carrick- 5- Passing was all over the place
Scholes- 4- Must have been his lowest passing % ever. He was shocking
Fletcher- 6- Alright solid but unspectacular
Park- 5- Nothing really

Rooney- 9 MOTM for me too by far Went for everything and was rewarded with a goal and set up tevez goal with a nice flick.
I hope after the next game these numbers will all go up 1 or 2

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
VDS-7

Oshea- 3.5
Vidic-6.5
Evans-5
Evra- 6

Ronaldo- 6
Carrick- 5
Scholes- 5
Fletcher- 5.5
Park- 5

Rooney- 7.5

Tevez-7.5
Giggs-5.5
Nevile-5

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
hm..oki...how do you explain his useless dribblings , instead of passing when needed he goes for his own, and another thing is the freekicks taht drives me crazy. out of ten i think at mos 2 go in. at most. I realy don't understand why aren't other let to try they're chances, the ones, like tevez, giggs and rooney. I've also criticised other players, not only him, but with he's style of playing makes me say he's not interested but only for personal glory. i'm realy interested how much is he running per game lately.
Hmm, you didn`t get my point did you? I am not saying that he is having a great season, nor am i saying that he`s getting everything right. I know what he`s doing more than you mate, and again, my point is that you only are saying what you are saying because its Ronaldo we`re talking about, and every single mistake is because his mind is at Real, that its personal glory he`s looking for.
Look mate, performances like yesterday will do no good for Ronaldo himself, so its useless saying he`s looking for personal glory. Personal glory comes when he is a team winner, just like he was on Sunday and many more matches. No one mentioned Real and such crap after Sunday`s match.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
VDS-7 a couple dodgy kicks but nothing too bad

Oshea- 3 one of his worst performances for us, absolutely basic defending errors
Vidic- 7 the one defender who played at all well
Evans-5 first time I've seen him play badly for us, hope he gets over this soon
Evra- 6 never terrible but another below par performance by his standards, not a good spell for him but he will come back to his old self

Ronaldo- 6 didn't stand out, didn't even turn around to see what happened when he gave the ball away for the 1st goal. but did a couple of decent things too
Carrick- 5 went missing completely, didn't close people down, and was too slow in doing things
Scholes- 5 not sure whats going on with Scholes at the moment but again his passing was all over the place
Fletcher- 8 played well again last night, as he did against villa too, worked hard, won tackles, moved well, did things at tempo and rarely gave the ball away
Park- 4 gave the ball away countless times and I was glad to see him substituted

Rooney- 8.5 did well as a lone striker with no support, a role he does not like. 2 moments of brilliance from him kept us in this tie

Tevez-6 was pretty poor in possession again but scored a vital goal
Giggs-6 not a stand out performance from Giggsy for being good or bad
Nevile-5 his lack of match fitness is evident

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Hmm, you didn`t get my point did you? I am not saying that he is having a great season, nor am i saying that he`s getting everything right. I know what he`s doing more than you mate, and again, my point is that you only are saying what you are saying because its Ronaldo we`re talking about, and every single mistake is because his mind is at Real, that its personal glory he`s looking for.
Look mate, performances like yesterday will do no good for Ronaldo himself, so its useless saying he`s looking for personal glory. Personal glory comes when he is a team winner, just like he was on Sunday and many more matches. No one mentioned Real and such crap after Sunday`s match.
it's you're opinion. I have mine. so i'm not goin' to continue.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
And there`s nothing wrong with discussing them, right? It`s not like i`m being abusive :rolleyes:
Your decision hun, only yours.
nop. there's nothing wrong in discussing, but that doesn't mean we have to agree :p i think we kept this useless discussion for too long. Time will prove somebody wrong.:happy

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
nop. there's nothing wrong in discussing, but that doesn't mean we have to agree :p i think we kept this useless discussion for too long. Time will prove somebody wrong.:happy
It was all worth, Cristiano Ronaldo we were talking about :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts