Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Van der sar: Didn't have as much to do as he may have expected but some of his distribution was hurried and wayward 6

O'Shea: A couple of heart-stopping early moments but recovered to sew up his flank 7

Ferdinand: Initially not his best Euro night but he came back to his real self 8

Evans: Whether it was Adriano or Ibrahimovic the young Irishman stood his ground 8

Evra: Typically set up a stout road block down his channel 7

Ronaldo: Some of the best form he has shown of late and gave teenage rising star Santon a tough time 8

Carrick: Uncomplicated bossing of the engine room never allowed the Italians to get foothold 8

Fletcher: Under the circumstances of the previous night this was an impressive focused effort from the Scot 8

Giggs: Playing just behind the front man Inter found it difficult to contain him 8

Park: Easy to see why Fergie likes him on these occasions. Discipline and work rate were impeccable 7

Berbatov: Solo striker and he did cut a lonesome figure at times but had a couple of efforts 6

Subs:

Rooney: (sub Park 83) Fiery cameo and just enough time to get booked 6

Inter 0 United 0: Player ratings - Manchester United - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Carrick an 8?

Far from his best performance, a lot of loose balls. Fletcher was far better than him. Mine:

VDS - 7
O'Shea - 7
Ferdinand - 6
Evans - 8
Evra - 8
Ronaldo - 8
Fletcher - 8
Carrick - 6
Park - 7
Giggs - 7
Berbatov - 7

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
vds 7
oshea 7
ferdinand 5
evans 7.5
evra 8.5
ronaldo 8
fletcher 7
carrick 6
park 8 first half 5 second
giggs 7.5
berbatov 7

rooney 6

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Van Der Sar - 7 - Not needed to do much, but what he did get to do, he was steady and safe. ANOTHER clean sheet for him!

O'Shea - 7 - Started off badly, but really got into it and played very well. Got in some very important challenges to help the team.

Ferdinand - 6 - I thought he was shaky. A few poor passes, unsure headers, a little careless at times I thought.

Evans - 8.5 - Superb for somone who didn't even train! Marshelled Adriano very very well for such a powerful forward, and limited his chances. Very good.

Evra - 9 - Anyone doubting the best left back in the world? Just watch a re-run of that game!

Ronaldo - 9 - Our most attacking player, and had the best chances. Two great frees an da header somehow stopped. He played well in the big game...

Carrick - 8 - Assured, and really knitted the midfield together as always. Good and impressed.

Fletcher - 9 - Another great performance from him. He is vital to Uniteds game at times, that game proved it.

Park - 7.5 - Did well. Never gives up, always gives it his best. Almost even scored on one or two occasions, but just wasn't his day.

Giggs - 7 - Did well, although I expected more when he did get free and through on goal.

Berbatov - 6 - I was disappointed by him if I'm honest.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
VDS Played well. No mistakes but didn't have to make many top saves. 7

O'Shea: Played well. Only got skinned once. 7

Rio:I thought he was shaky tbh. Bad passes, dodgy headers ect. Picked up in the second half though. If Adriano and Ibra weren't big game bottlers he would have been embarrased. 6

Evans: Did very well I thought. He's proved he is ok to play at all levels. 7

Evra: Played well vs a good right sided opposing team. Tried very hard, was tired towards the end. 8

Fletcher: Brilliant. Passed well, tackled well, prved once again what a big game player he is. 8

Carrick: Was very good, though he slowed down our attacks at times. Dictated the temp brilliantly. 8

Giggs: Should have had a hattrick. Played well. 7

Ronaldo: Brilliant. Should have scored 2, and his free kicks were brilliant. MOTM 8

Park: Dissapointing tbh. Little actual quality shown. 6

Berbatov: OK. Nothing special. 6

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
VDS 6
O' Shea 6.5
Rio 5.5
Evans 7.5
Evra 8.5
Park 7
Carrick 6.5
Giggs 8
Fletcher 7
Ronaldo 8
Berbatov 7

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
VDS- 7 not much to do :)
O Shea- 7 good game overall
Evans - 8 magnificent given his age
Rio - 6 not the best
Evra-9 fantastic at both ends of the field, amazing energy
Park- 6.5 great energy , running etc but no spark or signs of him scoring
Carrick-7 great as part of a great midfield display
Giggs- 8.5 fantastic again
Fletcher 7- great as part of great midfield display
Ronaldo- 7.5 good performance
Berbatov- 7 competed well overall

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
VDS - 7 did not really have much to do but was reliable as usual with his presence.

O shea - 7 started shaky but got his game together but then was kinda schooled at times by zlatan in the second but not enough to harm him!

Rio - 7 Started shaky and was not at his best but his reading of the game and his class is getting him through games right now because he seems abit off pace which is funny for him. Has had too many niggles this season with injuries but hopefully he'll be fully fit for the run in because we need him.

Evans 8 - was highly impressed with him.

Evra - 8.5 Was outmuscled at times but everygame whether its champions league, big team, little team, premiership or whatever, he plays with the same class. Top player.

Ronaldo - 9 MOM imo, he kept ripping there players to shreds , was highly unlucky not to have had a goal and is hitting some nice form and is performing in big games since the euro final last year where he was brilliant aswell. He was the difference for us in the champions league last year and we need him at his best again to win the second leg.

Carrick - 7.5 Thought he was up and down but i think he did enough with his high moments.

Fletcher - 8 Best performance by him in a while.

Giggs - 7.5 Same as carrick

Park 7 - Did alot in the first half in terms of running but his passes were too heavy too often and he really offers little for other players offensively but i can see why he plays, he never stops running.

Berbatov - 6.5 Never really had much to work off in his defence but seemed a little lost out there at times. Probably has never played in such a big match in his life before so it can only be good for his education. i just hope he does not fear/get scared but it but it motivates him to learn and do better next time. Champions league football is completely differnt to premier league.

Overall...

Thought we played well and while ronaldo was brilliant, i just wish he would roam a little more because if anyone is going to get a chance or create one if only given once chance, it will be him for us being are best player by far.

Still alot of positives to take into the next game and hopefully we score a few because a score draw will mean we're out but if we win, we're through and no better place than at OT for that to happen! I think we may see scholes and rooney in the next leg to give us more creativity and threat along with ronnie up front!

pz!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unbeaten in the Champions League for a record 20 matches after tonight.
VDS with another 90 minutes added to his clean sheets tally.
I'll take that, thankyou very much.
Now lets see VDS and the defense keep another clean sheet when it really matters the most in a couple of weeks time.
:groupwave reversed:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Unbeaten in the Champions League for a record 20 matches after tonight.
VDS with another 90 minutes added to his clean sheets tally.
I'll take that, thankyou very much.
Now lets see VDS and the defense keep another clean sheet when it really matters the most in a couple of weeks time.
:groupwave reversed:
And more to the point, let's hope Julio Cesar doesnt keep a clean sheet again. He was impeccable tonight.

It could be :bye2: to Manchester United in 2 weeks if Berbatov doesn't learn where the goal is!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
VDS - 7 Nothing much to do.
Rio - 7 - Did ok.
Evans - Outshone Rio in the game - 8
Evra - Star Man played very well and wroked his socks off - 9
Oshea - 7 - Did well vs Ibrahimovic.
Carrick - 7
Ronaldo - 8
Fletcher - 7
Park - 7
Giggsy - Nice runs and dribbles. Many chances fell to him - 8
Berba - 6 - Cant blame him

·
Registered
2 Posts
VDS - 8
O'Shea - 5 i hate him!
Ferdinand - 7
Evans - 8
Evra - 7
Ronaldo - 9 His performance was great but :poster_oops: he couldn't make a score
Fletcher - 6
Carrick - 8
Park - 7
Giggs - 8
Berbatov - 7

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Berbatov - 6.5 Never really had much to work off in his defense but seemed a little lost out there at times. Probably has never played in such a big match in his life before so it can only be good for his education. i just hope he does not fear/get scared but it but it motivates him to learn and do better next time.
He has played in the CL Final against Real Madrid. /about 50 minutes/ :)

Link to wiki : 2002 UEFA Champions League Final - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He wasn't scared. But it is true that he was angry after the game. It is clear he has some problems with Ronaldo. Or Ronaldo just doesn't want to give him the ball. I hope Ronaldo's selfish will not cost us the CL title.

I just can't understand how you can give 9 to Ronaldo. Yes he did some good shoots but he also didn't give the ball when he should have done it.

·
Banned
107 Posts
:fyou:
VDS - 7 did not really have much to do but was reliable as usual with his presence.

O shea - 7 started shaky but got his game together but then was kinda schooled at times by zlatan in the second but not enough to harm him!

Rio - 7 Started shaky and was not at his best but his reading of the game and his class is getting him through games right now because he seems abit off pace which is funny for him. Has had too many niggles this season with injuries but hopefully he'll be fully fit for the run in because we need him.

Evans 8 - was highly impressed with him.

Evra - 8.5 Was outmuscled at times but everygame whether its champions league, big team, little team, premiership or whatever, he plays with the same class. Top player.

Ronaldo - 9 MOM imo, he kept ripping there players to shreds , was highly unlucky not to have had a goal and is hitting some nice form and is performing in big games since the euro final last year where he was brilliant aswell. He was the difference for us in the champions league last year and we need him at his best again to win the second leg.

Carrick - 7.5 Thought he was up and down but i think he did enough with his high moments.

Fletcher - 8 Best performance by him in a while.

Giggs - 7.5 Same as carrick

Park 7 - Did alot in the first half in terms of running but his passes were too heavy too often and he really offers little for other players offensively but i can see why he plays, he never stops running.

Berbatov - 6.5 Never really had much to work off in his defence but seemed a little lost out there at times. Probably has never played in such a big match in his life before so it can only be good for his education. i just hope he does not fear/get scared but it but it motivates him to learn and do better next time. Champions league football is completely differnt to premier league.

Overall...

Thought we played well and while ronaldo was brilliant, i just wish he would roam a little more because if anyone is going to get a chance or create one if only given once chance, it will be him for us being are best player by far.

Still alot of positives to take into the next game and hopefully we score a few because a score draw will mean we're out but if we win, we're through and no better place than at OT for that to happen! I think we may see scholes and rooney in the next leg to give us more creativity and threat along with ronnie up front!

pz!

i agree with berbatov, i thought he was ****in ***** last nyt.
he asked for the ball, recieved it slowed play down, held it up and lost it near enuff every time. hes just too slow. where the **** was tevez n rooney ?
i dnt get why giggs is bieng played upfront:S he couldve played on the left or LCM with fletcher, aloowing rooney or tevez to partner berbatov. any of the latter would of been a better option than berbatov in my opinion.

·
Banned
107 Posts
He has played in the CL Final against Real Madrid. /about 50 minutes/ :)

Link to wiki : 2002 UEFA Champions League Final - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He wasn't scared. But it is true that he was angry after the game. It is clear he has some problems with Ronaldo. Or Ronaldo just doesn't want to give him the ball. I hope Ronaldo's selfish will not cost us the CL title.

I just can't understand how you can give 9 to Ronaldo. Yes he did some good shoots but he also didn't give the ball when he should have done it.

but when ronaldo did square a ball into the box, park missed it n berba wasnt there to follow up. he was trailing behind. that shoudve bin 0-1 united

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
but when ronaldo did square a ball into the box, park missed it n berba wasnt there to follow up. he was trailing behind. that shoudve bin 0-1 united
Didn't you see how one of the defenders grabbed him.That was a penalty kick. He managed to escape but that slowed him down. What about the other two chances when Ronaldo just shooted. Berbatov was also on a good position when Giggs missed it. He could have score at least 2-3 goals last night. But you can't do anything if you are the only forward and you teammates doesn't want to give you the ball. BTW I haven't seen him playing with the pace he played yesterday.

Fergie should do something. Either speak with Ronaldo /and Nani/ or leave Berbatov on the bench.
That is not the way we could win the title again.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you're right Sal. let's all hope we can keep it cleen in 2 weeks time. Carrick, Fletcher and Ronaldo were great today.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
O'Shea: some solid defending and a great ball to ronaldo to set up berbatov and park who were late 7

Ferdinand: nice game - thankfully the 2 inter strikers were/are too slow to give him trouble, 7,5

Evans: impressive for a youngster - rio's copy 7,5

Evra: lost possesion a couple of times but was reluctant in going forward , and on few occasions stop currently the best rb in the world ( maicon ) 7

Ronaldo:great free kicks and a few headers - would like to see him more in the box 8

Carrick: never lost the midfield control 8

Fletcher:some poor passing but great defensicve display - a player you can count on in the big matches -once again he showed us that 7,5

Giggs:wow - i mean wow - i'm maybe a bit biased but he was just ...wow...can't blame him for taking a shot there 8,5

Park:ran his usual miles - if he could just learn how to cross it 7

Berbatov:not even gonna comment the most expensive player in british history 5,5

Subs:

Rooney: ok - not bad 6 ,5

·
Registered
616 Posts
we did everything right,but score,did notice a few selfish attemts on goal where there was a passing option for others,just hope the 12th man at OT will swing the balance and someone bags a hatrick !:eyepopping:

VDS - 7
O'Shea - 7
Ferdinand - 7
Evans - 9
Evra - 9
Ronaldo - 8
Fletcher - 7
Carrick - 8
Park - 8
Giggs - 8
Berbatov - 6

1 - 20 of 29 Posts