Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So then, has anybody here met any of the united players and got their autograph or just chatted with them in person?

I personally have Alex Ferguson's and got to have a few words with him.

I also said hello to Giggy's and handed him a match programme to sign, of which he took from me to do and security physically picked me up and snatched the book from Giggs and sent me packing :(

How bout the rest of you?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
ScottE335 said:
So then, has anybody here met any of the united players and got their autograph or just chatted with them in person?

I personally have Alex Ferguson's and got to have a few words with him.

I also said hello to Giggy's and handed him a match programme to sign, of which he took from me to do and security physically picked me up and snatched the book from Giggs and sent me packing :(

How bout the rest of you?

:eek:...I got Giggsy outside the Stretty last season...or two seasons ago, and he said thanks, after I said thanks a much giggsy, good luck! :p

I've Giggsy's at OT
O'Shea - He was in Dublin at a event thingy in town
Ole's - He was in Champion Sports in Dublin City on day...:p Bit random

Thats it! :D...I have the entire Dublin GAA panels though! :D:D

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Keano! said:
:eek:...I got Giggsy outside the Stretty last season...or two seasons ago, and he said thanks, after I said thanks a much giggsy, good luck! :p

I've Giggsy's at OT
O'Shea - He was in Dublin at a event thingy in town
Ole's - He was in Champion Sports in Dublin City on day...:p Bit random

Thats it! :D...I have the entire Dublin GAA panels though! :D:D

i have sir alexs somewhere :p

also had paul o connels number for awile :eek:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jesus christ you should see my nephews room he lives five minutes from the training ground he prints picture quality pics and goes down and has them signed.

His pride and joy is a ole signed photo of him scoring the goal vs bayern

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Jesus christ you should see my nephews room he lives five minutes from the training ground he prints picture quality pics and goes down and has them signed.

His pride and joy is a ole signed photo of him scoring the goal vs bayern
what a lucky fella :eek: cant blame him that would be my pride and joy too :p

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
cantos red army said:
what a lucky fella :eek: cant blame him that would be my pride and joy too :p
The mad thing is he goes alot of days of his holidays and his room is a shrine .

The only player he hasnt got is paul scholes he wont stop to sign just ignores him !

He goes that often he can say hello to some players and they know his name its mad I was there one day waiting for ole to sign his testimonial programme didnt get by the way.

And Vidic drives up there is about ten people there he says hello to my nephew sam and signs my programe he then ask sam how he is and shakes his hand.

I couldnt stop laughing we love these players and my nephew talks to them lol!

He even told me Danny simpson reconised him in the trafford centre and said hello !! before he did !

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
The mad thing is he goes alot of days of his holidays and his room is a shrine .

The only player he hasnt got is paul scholes he wont stop to sign just ignores him !

He goes that often he can say hello to some players and they know his name its mad I was there one day waiting for ole to sign his testimonial programme didnt get by the way.

And Vidic drives up there is about ten people there he says hello to my nephew sam and signs my programe he then ask sam how he is and shakes his hand.

He even told me Danny simpson reconised him in the trafford centre and said hello !! before he did !
jesus :eek:

vidic sounds like a ledgend :D as for scholles you would think he would be the 1st to sign as you would think he has no ego...strange!

lol at the danny simpson :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
red dave said:

Quality story!! Love to hear things like that.

I got Beckham's autograph one day outside OT just as he was breaking into the first team. I also got Gary Neville and Paul Parker!! Plus I spotted Brian Kidd having lunch and got his too. I must stress I was a lot younger when I got these. I wouldn't interrupt Kiddo eating lunch now as a 27 year old!

I also met Lee Sharpe and Gary Pallister in a pub in Dublin a couple of years back and had a bit of a chat with both, amazing to actually talk about the game with your heroes!!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
got beckham to sign a picture of him taking that shot from halfway at wimbledon.
met giggsy about 8 years ago at est est est, he was really nice. i was about 8 and said " sorry for disturbing your meal, i came up for today's game." and he said not a problem, thanks for the support.
i also have a signed shirt from giggs. my aunt does lots of photo shoots for the players. i got an exclusive photo of rooney in training when he signed but never got an autograph.
my mate got fabio to sign his shirt at stoke. if you wait behind the players tunnel, west stand, about 15 mins before kick off, you get players who aren't in the squad, as well as ole coming in. most are pretty nice
i met phil neville at bowling in pilsworth. it was the day after we drew 0-0 with exeter.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I've got Quinton Fortune,Alan Smith x2, Louis Saha, VDS, BRYAN ROBSON.

Also got a photo with Louis and Smudge. I have to say Alan Smith is the biggest ever legend. Probably the nicest guy to ever play for Utd. After every game, he does the full round of autographs.

But my best moment was after the Boro game in 06/07, Bryan Robson was just standing outside the stadium, and outta the corner of my eye I spotted it him and shouted Robbo sprinting straight over to him. Got a photo with him and an autograph. A stampede of people followed me. Think he was ****ed off cause I brought so many ppl with me.LOL

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i have a signed 1968 shirt which is my pride and joy......only autograph missing from it is sadly besty. i have worn it only once....its not an original shirt obviously- its a replica, but all the autographs arwe from the guys themselves. i worry about it in case it ever got knicked, it would be irreplaceable to me

also just finished doing out the office for my other half framed all her autographs for her she has all the current squad plus cantona, becks,schmeics,pally, coppell, and her pride and joy...lee sharpe. just bought some more frames today to finish it all off cost me a ****** fortune, not for the autographs but for the frames and pictures i did her for christmas. she got about half the squad in person the other half she down the years has written to the club, asked for signed pictures and aslo sent them pictures to sign. for the players you can't get in person its great.

autographs pretty easy to get if you want them...... framing them and making them look good.......a small fortune

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
back in April 93, went to Old Trafford on the tour with school. This was when the entrance was underneath where the munich clock is now and was nowhere near the scale everything is now.

We had been in the club shop where you could buy United birthday cards for 30p and was heading back to coach when our driver said he had heard earlier that Cantona was coming in to Old Trafford.

We all rushed off the bus and waited outside the players entrance not sure whether it was just bull or for real. Next thing car pulls up and Norman Davies and the man himself, King Eric stepped out the car.

As some had given up, there was only bout 12 of us waiting. I got an autograph and my mum got to put her arm round him and get her picture took. Still got the autograph although it has faded quite a bit.

Bobby Charlton also unveiled a plaque at our local working mens club bout 7-8 years ago and got picture and autograph took with him.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The only football related autographs I've had are from a 90's Blackpool player I can't even remember the name of (he was a guest at a dinner I attended) and Steve McManaman (which was given to me by my older brother and I cut it up and binned it! Lol)

The best autograph I've got is Keith Flint from the Prodigy.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I have a brilliant Roy keane signed photo that I bought off a dealer if came with a photo of him signing it and a ceritificate .

Its my pride and joy .

In the past Ive mentioned that me and mate used to wait outside old trafford after games for the autographs I got loads nearly all the players from them days .

A young Beckham and most of the United squad but I didnt get one that I always wanted and that was Eric Cantona I was gutted at the time because he was my hero.

I even got posh spice and sporty spices autograph the first time she came to watch him play .

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
germufc said:
Plus I spotted Brian Kidd having lunch and got his too. I must stress I was a lot younger when I got these. I wouldn't interrupt Kiddo eating lunch now as a 27 year old!
That reminds me of when Paul Merson came into a restaurant I was at in Birmingham (when he was playing for Villa) and sat at the table next to ours. My older brother thought it was hilarious to start going: "<cough> GAMBLER <cough>", "<cough> ALCOHOLIC <cough>" and shout to the waiter "COKE, can I have some COKE please!" I was so embarrassed that I daren't ask for a photo with him so I asked my dad to take a photo of me with Merson sat in the background but when we got home we realised there was no film in the camera!!!

I also remember the QPR team, when Gerry Francis was manager, staying in the same hotel as me. I only realised when they all came down to the bar. I wasn't that bothered tbh though!

·
Registered
238 Posts
in jan 1999 i went to see utd train at the cliff and after i got david beckham's signiture on the number 7 on my shirt plus he picked me up on the railing for a photo:)

at the time beckham was my favourite and when the others like york and butt signed my top i was gutted coz they wrote pen all over my top lol but now i understand and like it even more :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got a signed Sir Bobby Charlton picture.
Oh and my sister has a signed Giggs picture which is also cool but unfortunately not mine!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.