Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we've become a bit spoilt with emergance of ronaldo haven't we ? i mean - he came here, shown a few tricks , and we were raving about him with no reason ( up to last season ) . all he did was showing off and diving tbh. and now when we know how a talented player should develope, we seem to forget that we gave ronaldo TIME to develope. We want to jump to seeing a finished article straight away. When Ronaldo was being introduced in the game, no one expected him to change the match...But this is not another ronaldo thread. This is about Nani ! , everyone expects him to be a match winner after setting EPL alight with some great goals and assists. I've said it before, and I'm holding onto that , Nani is more mature than Ronaldo in his play, when he came here. Maybe that has something to do with an age difference at the arrival of both but I doubt it.It has got to do with their personality. Leave the boy alone and you'll see someone who'll become even batter than Ronnie. I'd said it before the City match that I doubted Fergie would play Nani ahead of Park in such an important game, because I expected him to be a bit smarter. He did him no favoures by playing him from the start in such an important match. He is no Anderson, he is No Ronaldo - he is Nani - and he'll be the BIG ONE in the future
...so everyone ni-na, na-na - NANI !
sorry for eventual typos or "tense" problems ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
he will get bttr in the future..
he will replace giggs one day..
jst SAF need to gv him more playing time like wat he did for ronaldo.

-----=====----------
GGMU
-----=====--------

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Nani has already shown great potential.

His crossing ability from corners and long-range shots are top notch. He's an exciting wing-player who's willing to run at defenders and whip the ball into the box.

I think he has a great future at the club and when Manucho finally plays for us I think, with his superb heading ability, he will appreciate Nani more than most.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah, people were calling for his head after the City game, saying that he isn't United quality... We have to remember we're not Newcastle or something, we won't get rid of somebody when they need time to work. I suppose we figure that because Anderson came out here and started performing like he was here all his life, that Nani would do the same. It takes time. We have to remember that Nani and Anderson weren't supposed to be used a ton this season, but they've been forced into it by injuries. And Nani is only 20. We forget that too. Give them some time, and they'll be fine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
He is only young. We got him for the future. Give him a couple of years. If he gets half as good as Ronaldo we will have a great player on our hands.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i believe Nani is exactly like Ronaldo when he first arrived at the premiership.

Lots of tricks and skills, no end product.
Now look at ronaldo......Nani will do exactly the same and mature over the next 2-3 years, and become Giggsys permenant replacement.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
i believe Nani is exactly like Ronaldo when he first arrived at the premiership.

Lots of tricks and skills, no end product.
Now look at ronaldo......Nani will do exactly the same and mature over the next 2-3 years, and become Giggsys permenant replacement.
I wouldn't say no end product.

He's created a few goals with his crossing ability and he's scored a couple of screamers. I think he just has the same problem as a lot of young players - he's too inconsistent.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
For starters Nani will never be as good as Ronaldo.

Secondly-I agree with Burnzy above that he was exactly like Ronaldo when he first came to OT, so you never know, he could end up to be a marvellous player.

I understand the concept of giving someone time to adjust to a new life, a new league etc....

Nani definitely has potential and should go on to make a decent player, but there are a few things about his game that are very school boyish.

His deliveries into the box, his ability to read what going on ahead of him and his aimless tricks seem all to common an occurence.

Out of the new signings and pretty much the entire squad he is one of my least favourite players for various reasons, some stated above.

Im sure he will go on to become a very good player but he will never be as good as Giggsy or Ronnie imo.
Lets hope Im wrong.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Nani will take a bit of time to mature in my opinion. Possibly longer than Ronaldo, but I suspect he may be maturing off field alongside Ronaldo though, which will harm his game, not improve it.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jazz 16 said:
For starters Nani will never be as good as Ronaldo.

Secondly-I agree with Burnzy above that he was exactly like Ronaldo when he first came to OT, so you never know, he could end up to be a marvellous player.

I understand the concept of giving someone time to adjust to a new life, a new league etc....

Nani definitely has potential and should go on to make a decent player, but there are a few things about his game that are very school boyish.

His deliveries into the box, his ability to read what going on ahead of him and his aimless tricks seem all to common an occurence.
Out of the new signings and pretty much the entire squad he is one of my least favourite players for various reasons, some stated above.

Im sure he will go on to become a very good player but he will never be as good as Giggsy or Ronnie imo.
Lets hope Im wrong.
hmmm...sounds familiar ???
;)

oh and he's got great crossings..with both feet that is

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
hmmm...sounds furmiliar ???
;)

oh and he's got great crossings..with both feet that is
lol It sounds sound VERY familiar......

back to Nani's crossing..... Yes he has about 10 assists this season and can whip in a great ball but most of the time he hits it out of play or against a defender.
My point is that he is far too inconsistent for my liking. Hopefully he will improve..

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jazz 16 said:
lol It sounds sound VERY familiar......

back to Nani's crossing..... Yes he has about 10 assists this season and can whip in a great ball but most of the time he hits it out of play or against a defender.
My point is that he is far too inconsistent for my liking. Hopefully he will improve..
consistency comes with experience;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
nani is more like an out and out winger, i like his game, he got a more beautiful game , quite fancy but not over the top. he just got to learn more from giggs, like the timing to pass, shoot or dribble
Hope he is content with staying outside the spotlight, i personally think that it is great to have someone like ronaldo in the team. nani sees him as an example to follow, but lets hope he doesnt have ronaldo's character, one team cannot have two same personalities like that

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think nani's done quite well so far, his crossing is pretty good, his shooting is not bad and he is our top assister atm. It's his desicion making that lets him done, like he'll get to the 18 yard box and just stand there for a few seconds before passing or crossing ect, this is what is wrong with him atm. If he could read the game a bit quicker he would be 100 times better. But like everyone says give him time, he is at the best club in the world for coaching so in 1 or 2 seasons time he will be as good as ronaldo (but with more assists than goals)! :)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hear, Hear!
I Absolutely agree.

i keep having to tell fellow and rival fans. He is already better than Ronaldo was 20. In Ronaldo's second season he was doing step-overs for himself (still does it) and running with the ball to nowhere. He covered a lot of distance, but there was no end product.

Nani is already providing assists and scoring goals and all I can critisize is that he is still trying too hard to impress, so sometimes doesn't make the right decision for the team. That and he looks up too much to Ronaldo and needs to do his own thing.\ (means develop his own personality and character.)

Lay off Nani, he has tremendous potential and you will want to be to tell the doubters "i told you so" rather than be one of the ppl who doubted.

Plus, we are supporters for goodness sake! So let's support our team whole-heartedly. Unless it's Darren Fletcher, of course. ; )

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Hear, Hear!

I Absolutely agree.

i keep having to tell fellow and rival fans. He is already better than Ronaldo was 20. In Ronaldo's second season he was doing step-overs for himself (still does it) and running with the ball to nowhere. He covered a lot of distance, but there was no end product.

Nani is already providing assists and scoring goals and all I can critisize is that he is still trying too hard to impress, so sometimes doesn't make the right decision for the team. That and he looks up too much to Ronaldo and needs to do his own thing.\ (means develop his own personality and character.)

Lay off Nani, he has tremendous potential and you will want to be to tell the doubters "i told you so" rather than be one of the ppl who doubted.

Plus, we are supporters for goodness sake! So let's support our team whole-heartedly. Unless it's Darren Fletcher, of course. ; )

I am with you, buddy. Let's row together now...:p

Nani's silky tricks are at least as good as Ronaldo's.

His assists are amongst the best in the team.

He is amongst the fastest in the team.

And I honestly thought he is now getting more composed with the ball at play, and is beginning to read the game better and getting aware of things and team mates around on the pitch. Something Ronaldo is now brilliant at and well ahead; well and fine.

But if I am not wrong, there is also at least one thing NO other United players have done the whole of this season ie scoring from outside the box in the normal run of play! And think he has scored 3?

And for crying out loud, this is only his first season in England, mind you. Er... how many seasons has Ronaldo been with us now?

So what more can you ask for from the boy Nani???!!!

And not that I am biased, I do think everybody has to agree that Nani DEFINITELY fares better than Ronaldo in the first season here. Clear as crystal and more mature on the pitch too. I mean, what was Ronaldo doing in the first season here besides indulging in his stepover obsession and causing his team mates to tear their hair in utter exasperation?

Extrapolating but with no guarantee of course, the chances of Nani being better than Ronaldo is thus actually pretty real. Hard to envisage at first thought but not so if you analyse further.

Lol. I am practically putting my head on the chopping board here. But I will take the chance....

P.S. But I thought you know better not to 'touch' Fletcher already? For somebody here does have the 'stamina' to go the distance with you.:D ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts