Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pleasures do you gain from using forums such as this?!

Do you prefer talking to people on this forum about Man United as you are all fans rather than discussing with those that do not have as much knowledge of Man United?

:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Tbh, talking and meeting other people around the world is a new lesson itself. If we are talking about long term, its not only about united but its more than that when we regard each other as friends, one we didnt get to meet but still we hold so dear. Knowing other people views and opinion, sharing knowledge is what hook me to forums and the best thing of all is to educate those who doesnt have much knowledge on united and end up one day seeing them learning and educating others.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
It's not so much the lack of United knowledge but the petty squabbles people get into when discussing football with rival fans. There are debates on here but they don't usually degenerate into name-calling and petty one upmanship.

Football supporters can be very passionate. When debating with a rival, passion can turn to anger, which then leads to insults and the whole thing just escalates.

Discussing something you care about with other people who also care about it is a pleasurable experience. We can support, encourage, advise and teach each other. Hmmm, sounds like support group...I am reddwarf and I am a Man Unitedoholic!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Marie said:
What pleasures do you gain from using forums such as this?!

Do you prefer talking to people on this forum about Man United as you are all fans rather than discussing with those that do not have as much knowledge of Man United?

:)
LMAO - Won't even go there.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
LMAO - Won't even go there.
I have to say I thought this was going to be a more interesting question than it turned out to be when I saw the thread title :D

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
What I love about this place, is the unity of everyone. Everyone
respects your knowledge of United and try to give you some
more that they may know..... You also learn loads yourself, from
reading through older threads and discussing current topics
with the other members. And it's not all about Man Utd either,
people can come on and play games, bet or just chat in the
shout box. Everytime I turn on my computer, this forum is loaded
as quickly as my fingers will click the mouse.

·
Registered
303 Posts
reddwarf said:
It's not so much the lack of United knowledge but the petty squabbles people get into when discussing football with rival fans. There are debates on here but they don't usually degenerate into name-calling and petty one upmanship.

Football supporters can be very passionate. When debating with a rival, passion can turn to anger, which then leads to insults and the whole thing just escalates.

Discussing something you care about with other people who also care about it is a pleasurable experience. We can support, encourage, advise and teach each other. Hmmm, sounds like support group...I am reddwarf and I am a Man Unitedoholic!

What he said!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts