Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a game that was!! Ronaldihno's free kick was :eek:,sheer class,stepped up to the plate when needed after being on less than 5 mins,then Inzaghis finish for the equalizer was great too.Shame the average of AC is about 74!!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
i guess they thought they could protect/rest ronaldinho but in the end he was the difference between them winning or loosing really. Amazing player. Been cracking in italy since he has left barca too.

pz

·
Registered
854 Posts
Great game. 2 teams that I like. Great atmosphere. Fair play to Adams for sticking Kanu and Crouch up front, they were very unlucky to not win. Quality goals from Ronaldinho and Inzaghi. I love his celebration there is not one player I can think of that enjoys scoring than Inzaghi. Mad seen these players at Fratton Park but it was a very enjoyable game to watch.

Senderos still looks brutal.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Although it was an outstanding free-kick by Ronaldinho it was never a foul by Johnson - he won the ball. Pompey can feel very unlucky and a little hard done by that they didn't win that one.

I felt a bit sorry for the Pompey fans. They had been brilliant all game but there was just a stunned silence around the ground when Inzaghi scored.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Glen Johnson Accuses Ref Of Aiding Milan Comeback
http://www.goal.com/en/news/166/uefa-cup/2008/11/28/986094/glen-johnson-accuses-ref-of-aiding-milan-comeback

Full-back Glen Johnson thinks that the referee did Portsmouth no favours as Milan came from two down to salvage a UEFA Cup draw.

For about half-an-hour on Thursday night, Portsmouth were the kings of Europe.

Italian giants AC Milan were at Fratton Park and the south coast side were playing them off the park in arguably the biggest game in their history. They raced to a 2-0 lead through Younes Kaboul and N****wo Kanu and it looked as though they were about to stun the continentally decorated Rossoneri.

However, a stunning free-kick by substitute Ronaldinho and a late, late Filippo Inzaghi toe-poke broke Pompey hearts.

Now, angry Glen Johnson has accused Belgian referee Serge Gumienny of aiding and abetting Milan's great escape.

In a frantic climax, Portsmouth were denied a penalty, Luca Antonini was spared a second yellow after making another rash challenge and Ronaldinho was awarded a free-kick, duly converted, which was perhaps a tad soft.

The furious right-back told BBC Five Live: "In my opinion it was never a foul. The ref's got it wrong.

"We know Ronaldinho can cause havoc when he's on those free-kicks, as he showed.

"We worked our socks off and the score was a bit unlucky for the boys. Obviously we haven't had as much luck as we would have liked."

Filippo Inzaghi popped up to grab a point for the Italian side in injury time.

-- Greg Ptolomey, Goal.com

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
fantastic game ,fantastic atmosphere portsmouth showed the big clubs how it should be done . utd please take note!

Z

·
0 Posts
sweet fa said:
fantastic game ,fantastic atmosphere portsmouth showed the big clubs how it should be done . utd please take note!
Do you expect the fans of a small club to be anything else but noisy when they're playing a giant like Milan?

It's a bit different to how United fans are meant to get motivated by a Carling Cup match against a lower league team don't you think?

·
Registered
542 Posts
lol tbh im not suprised. ive watched barcelona for some time now and ive seen ronaldinho take free kick's from every angel. i knew he his a nuisence.

milan is still full of quality, it just takes longer to show since there becoming of age

1 - 11 of 11 Posts