·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Too right. Some class games right here.

Manchester United 2vs0 Porto
Villarreal 1vs1 Arsenal
Barcelona 3vs1 Bayern Munich
Liverpool 0vs0 Chelsea

Ill be at the United game on Tuesday but home in time to watch the Wednesday games.
Pool vs Chelsea is usually an intriguing encounter even if they are a little boring at times.
There will be plenty of contentious decisions but its great to know that one of them will get knocked out :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Anyone see the goals from that game?

Sennas was class

But Adebayors made it look average, amazing goal.
yep, class goals tbf.

Liverpool v Chelsea line-ups

Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Xabi Alonso, Lucas, Kuyt, Riera, Gerrard, Torres.
Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Hyypia, Agger, Benayoun, Babel, Ngog.
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, A Cole, Terry, Alex, Essien, Lampard, Ballack, Kalou, Malouda, Drogba.
Subs: Hilario, Carvalho, Belletti, Mancienne, Mikel, Deco, Anelka.

Barcelona v Bayern Munich line-ups
Barcelona: Victor Valdes, Dani Alves, Puyol, Marquez, Pique, Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Henry, Eto'o.
Subs: Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Bojan, Keita, Sylvinho, Busquets.
Bayern: Butt, Breno, Ze Roberto, Demichelis, Altintop, Van Bommel, Oddo, Lell, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Toni.
Subs: Rensing, Podolski, Ottl, Sosa, Lahm, Borowski, Badstuber.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Carragher just saved the dippers there, Drogba finally bet Reina but it was just cleared off the line..
This is some game for a nuetral, I hate both teams, but they are putting on a show..!
and Terry just got crunched :D and gets booked lol. misses next game now.
crackin game. Im texting all my Pool mates lol. They are biting some serious nail.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
What a night for football!!

And to think that I almost went to sleep early.

It's 4am over here and i'm loving it.

Messi masterclass on one channel, I flip to the next channel and see Drogba making it 1-3 at AnFailed.

Brilliant!
Keep watching the Pool game. Its enthralling, it really is. Barca are through already. There is still more to happen in the Pool/Chelsea game. End to end. classic.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Too true. Our fans are an embarrassment when it comes to stuff like that. And i dont think its down to disappearance of terracing either. Keano's 'Prawn Sandwich Brigade' rant was excellent vision from him as that was nearly 10 years ago.

Bosses are more bothered bout attracting the higher calibre clientel rather than your Mr Working Class and are doing so by pricing them out of the tickets. Examples i have of times at Old Trafford where i knew times have changed includes a kid bout 9 asking during game if there was any brioche left!!!!! One woman sat on two cushions and another woman who sat at the side of me asked to swap with her husband as she couldnt stand me singing along.

The simple fact we need a designated space for people to sing is an embarrassment to type in itself
Spot on Ant. Something needs to change, but I have my doubts it ever will. Probably get worse if anything :frown: Keane's rant was a decade ago? :eek: wow time flies...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I'm a massive fan of Essien, and I said a while ago I thought he was the best midfielder in the Prem, and definitely one of the best in the World and tonight he was fantastic. MOTM imo. As for the result, I thought it would be a close game by Chelsea were deserved winners. Liverpoo can have no complaints about the scoreline imo.
We lost out on essien for sure. One of the best mids in the world. Can do it all. I am jealous we dont have him. He could be the steel that our midfield is so lacking right now.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
FAO Janitorman.

So what went wrong tonight? Thoughts on the game?
I found it hugely entertaining and enthralling. End to end stuff. I felt Essien was the difference. He kept Stevie G completely quiet throughout. Bit surprised at your zonal marking tonight. Usually you defend better but not tonight. Drogba and Lampard were pretty awesome too. Who is this Lucas reject? He is a shocking player.
You must be gutted, as are ALL my Pool mates, but thats football. I have to say Im delighted with the result tonight. Should have gone down the bookies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.