Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

· Stretford Ender
2,454 Posts
Bayern has been having a shitty season, the only thing they did was take advantage of the massive amount of defensive mistakes we did, and that clearly clouded people's views of them.

Barça, however, has been doing this all season long...

A few of Barça's results in La Liga:

5–0 vs almeria
6–1 vs Atletico Madrid
5–0 vs Deportivo
6–0 vs Malaga
4–1 vs Numancia
3–1 vs Gijon
4–0 vs Valencia
6–0 vs Valladolid
1-6 vs Gijon away
1-4 vs Malaga away
but spanish league is full of championship quality sides at best. At least with the English league we get high quality football week in week out.

· Registered
25,282 Posts
What a night for football!!

And to think that I almost went to sleep early.

It's 4am over here and i'm loving it.

Messi masterclass on one channel, I flip to the next channel and see Drogba making it 1-3 at AnFailed.

Brilliant!
Keep watching the Pool game. Its enthralling, it really is. Barca are through already. There is still more to happen in the Pool/Chelsea game. End to end. classic.

· I aim to Misbehave
6,405 Posts
but spanish league is full of championship quality sides at best. At least with the English league we get high quality football week in week out.
Yes and no. While La Liga isn't as competitive nowadays as the PL is, it still isn't easy pickings. Valencia, Atletico, Deportivo, Villarreal are all good solid teams, with ups and downs, of course, but sometimes capable of upsetting things up top. Those results are just to prove a point, the fact that Barça have been a scoring machine this season. If chelsea go through, it's gonna be quite an interesting fixture.

· Registered
11,456 Posts
Keep watching the Pool game. Its enthralling, it really is. Barca are through already. There is still more to happen in the Pool/Chelsea game. End to end. classic.
Have a sneaking suspicion there's another goal in this match and it could the scum to make the last few minutes interesting.

How about Chelsea getting 3 away goals though? pretty decent return after being 1-0 down.

Ivanovic, the forgotten man, becomes the hero....ah football...

· Stretford Ender
2,454 Posts
do we now consider chelsea our biggest rivals because tonight they have impressed me and i think out of the two, they seem to be having the most energy and vibrancy.

I think Liverpool's 'high tempo' attitude they have had in every game is beginning to backfire as they look so lethargic and as a result mistakes are entering their play

· Stretford Ender
2,454 Posts
Yes and no. While La Liga isn't as competitive nowadays as the PL is, it still isn't easy pickings. Valencia, Atletico, Deportivo, Villarreal are all good solid teams, with ups and downs, of course, but sometimes capable of upsetting things up top. Those results are just to prove a point, the fact that Barça have been a scoring machine this season. If chelsea go through, it's gonna be quite an interesting fixture.
I agree that out of whats left, they scare me the most. I think they are a wounded animal after having high hopes in last seasons campaign. Look clinical but its whether they can match it against the more dominant english teams.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.