Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've been reading through RAWK and the majority of them are saying they're out of the CL and to concentrate on the PL.. They're all saying now that the PL was always the most important and that they now have to focus completley on winning it.. Some of them have even suggested putting out a Reserves team for the 2nd Leg:laugh:
I read one page and just gave up. I'd still go for it personally if I was Benitez, what sort of message does it send out to the fan's if he fielded a reserve team. And to the likes of Gerrard and Carra. I'm sure they aint given up on the CL. They will want the chance to get some pride back, or do an Istanbul at the Bridge;)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I read one page and just gave up. I'd still go for it personally if I was Benitez, what sort of message does it send out to the fan's if he fielded a reserve team. And to the likes of Gerrard and Carra. I'm sure they aint given up on the CL. They will want the chance to get some pride back, or do an Istanbul at the Bridge;)
Ooh i've no doubt Benitez will still go for it, he's odd like that:)
I believe his No.1 priority has always been the CL..!
He will probably do the oppsosite, put a Reserve team out aginst Blackburn this weekend to save them for the 2nd Leg at Stamford Bridge.. But it's just funny listening to them giving up all hope of a comeback..A few of them are throwing "Instanbul" around, but it's highly unlikely..!
I've stopped reading it now, it's all a load of rubbish anyway..!:D

·
Registered
25,282 Posts
FAO Janitorman.

So what went wrong tonight? Thoughts on the game?
I found it hugely entertaining and enthralling. End to end stuff. I felt Essien was the difference. He kept Stevie G completely quiet throughout. Bit surprised at your zonal marking tonight. Usually you defend better but not tonight. Drogba and Lampard were pretty awesome too. Who is this Lucas reject? He is a shocking player.
You must be gutted, as are ALL my Pool mates, but thats football. I have to say Im delighted with the result tonight. Should have gone down the bookies.

·
Pz
2,167 Posts
i watched some of this in the second half after barca were already 4 up and i find it funny. I cant smile when either score...

Like i felt bad when chelsea were winning even though i didnt want liverpool to win and when liverpool were winning i was feeling the same about them. lol...

i hope barcelona give whoever they play next a hammering! :D

pz!:cool:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My prediction before the game was Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. I was one of the very few who was sure that Chelsea will win this game. And it happened :) Liverpool are definitely out because they need at least 3 goals to have any chance. I feel so goooooooooood..............

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.