Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching The Wright Stuff on tv this morning and they read out a report that the population is about to hit SEVENTY MILLION, the main reason for the increase is foreigners. Also highlighted is a complete mismanagement and the hiding of figures by the government who claim millions LESS coming in than in reality. Doh! I could have told them that.

Too many homes are being given to foreigners at the expense of native born people. There are actually more elderly in the country than people working - doesn't take the brains of a chocolate mouse to see the financial implications of that one.

Wonders when Mr Brown is going to own up to his complete mismanagement of the economy and what he has done is also illegal regarding pensions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Damn right too many foreigners!!!

foreign criminals that should have been deported are being let out of prison early due to overcrouding, seriously violent criminals too. i saw on the news earlier.
this countrys too small and is going down due to lax immiration restrictions. you cant really blame the foreigners, theyre just taking advantage of a situation that the govournment have created.

My sister was gonna come home from oz but when she came back there was no work cus all the nursing jobs had been taken by the foreigners. shes gone back to oz now though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another report I have heard about, third hand, from canadian sources, state that by the year 2010, 50% of the UK population will not be speaking english as their native tongue.

Before it begins, this is not a thread to go bashing any variant of the population OK? Its intended for serious discussion. Freedom of speech is one thing, but curb any feelings - or try to.

I saw an item in a paper about a Polish worker (an electrician) who came over here to do his trade, and is doing well BUT - he sends most of his wages home to his family and the same family, who have never set foot in this country, are receiving child benefit and other social security benefits. Sorry, but thats bang out of order. The husband is working and paying his way - fine - but we should not be funding his family.

danfelixbuffy said:
My sister was gonna come home from oz but when she came back there was no work cus all the nursing jobs had been taken by the foreigners. shes gone back to oz now though!
There is also the point that a quarter of a million UK residents are emigrating every year and its all directly due to the immigration policy of this Government.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,167 Posts
I'm studying town planning and i'm very aware of the future housing problems. I have no solutions really to offer except for slow down on allow people into Britain. The problem is very serious and the government do need to do something about it.

As for prisions i think more off-shore prisons should be used and foreign criminals should be deported.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
RichardsReds said:
I'm studying town planning and i'm very aware of the future housing problems. I have no solutions really to offer except for slow down on allow people into Britain. The problem is very serious and the government do need to do something about it.

As for prisions i think more off-shore prisons should be used and foreign criminals should be deported.
If someone comes to your country - then they break the law - they should be taken to the court and sentence made for them and then deported right away and sentence served in their own country !!

Why should UK people pay all this money to house criminals this is unfair for you !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carlyluvsunited said:
People from Romania, Poland, Bulgaria are not immigrants - they are migrants - big difference !!!
no no no, Carly. Anybody coming INTO any country to reside is an IMMigrant. People on the move across borders are collectively migrants and people who leave the country of the viewpoint eg: England; are EMigrants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Red Devil said:
Another report I have heard about, third hand, from canadian sources, state that by the year 2010, 50% of the UK population will not be speaking english as their native tongue.

Before it begins, this is not a thread to go bashing any variant of the population OK? Its intended for serious discussion. Freedom of speech is one thing, but curb any feelings - or try to.
I saw an item in a paper about a Polish worker (an electrician) who came over here to do his trade, and is doing well BUT - he sends most of his wages home to his family and the same family, who have never set foot in this country, are receiving child benefit and other social security benefits. Sorry, but thats bang out of order. The husband is working and paying his way - fine - but we should not be funding his family.



There is also the point that a quarter of a million UK residents are emigrating every year and its all directly due to the immigration policy of this Government.

Its hard to curb feelings when its my country completely losing its identity, and its MY sister whos got no excuse but to go to work in oz.

Ask any foreigner if theyre proud of theyre country with its traditions, history and culture. then ask them to envisige those values being steadilly erroded, that wouldnt be a pleasant image for them to say the least. well thats whats happening to us.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
Its hard to curb feelings when its my country completely
losing its identity, and its MY sister whos got no excuse but to go to work in oz.

Ask any foreigner if theyre proud of theyre country with its traditions, history and
culture. then ask them to envisige those values being steadilly erroded, that
wouldnt be a pleasant image for them to say the least. well thats whats
happening to us.
I do know what you say here. I feel sympathy for you
too. It's not the ideal of mixed cultures in UK and many people settling here - but
the amount who have been allowed to do this.

I think having many cultures side by side is exciting and invigorating !! As long as
it doesn't strangle the country it's happening in like you say here.

Many Eastern Europeans come here - but they dont want to change anything you
know. They wont try and force their culture on people. Another plus side is
almost ALL of them speak English or they will learn very quickly !!

It should be a condition of coming to UK you MUST know the language and some
history of the place so you fit in I agree.

I like to point out too - property and land in our countries is cheap.....and I mean
very very cheap and masses of UK people they come to our countries and buy,
buy, buy huge masses of land and property and we cant stop them !!

In a land where there are many poor and homeless people this is not nice for us
either you know.......

We have arguments for both sides of this story - you have problems and we too
have problems with this. We all pay the prices for the governments making
mistakes. Then this causes friction between people and it's not good.

The whole situation could of been avoided easily with common sense and good
planning - but now it's too late so we must make the most of what we have I
hope !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,572 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
My sister was gonna come home from oz but when she came back there was no work cus all the nursing jobs had been taken by the foreigners. shes gone back to oz now though!
That's an important note. We have SUCH a shortage of nurses and doctors..that in itself is criminal. About every doctor I see is either A)Of british migrance or B) Asian. There's two problems to this in our country...1) No one wants to become a doctor over here due to high fees and very very high entrance scores and 2)We depend on foreign imports.


Anyway on Britain....it's a problem...that's all i can say!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thing is Carly, whether people like it or not, our government is so scared of opinion they are too scared to curb immigration and as a consequence, we are inundated when we cannot even afford to look after our own!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top