Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah kicked out for bribery in 2003-04 season. Wasnt that when they won it? defo bribery then as Paul Scholes disallowed goal was 2 yards onside and we would have gone through instead of them. Jose only won the competition on bribery then that wont suit him that this has come out.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't think its anything to do with the Champions League.

I think its domestically.

And also, this should be in Football Banter! :rolleyes:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Isn't this a similar case to when AC Milan were excluded from the Champions League?

I thought the Porto bribery claims were to do with league games in Portugal so won't their punishment be a points deduction so that they have failed to qualify for the Champions League?

AC Milan appealed against their points deduction and won so they were reinstated in the Champions League.

Porto may well do the same...unless I've got this completely wrong.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Interestingly, according to the BBC report Porto were found guilty of fixing 2 league games. They were deducted 6 points from their 03/04 total but are still champions because they won the league by 8 points that season.

They have had no points deducted for this season but the decision was made to suspend them from European competition for 2 years.

They have already appealed against the suspension and I wouldn't be surprised if they won their appeal - they will obviously cite the example I mentioned earlier involving AC Milan.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's hard for them to be banned out of europe..and surely..at least 1 of their star players will leave...for a team who plays in europe

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
ermmm maybe we should if ronaldo gets on his bike, maybe fergie could get some consistancy out of him because there is just as much talent as ronaldo there without doubt just he cannot do it when it matters atm whereas ronaldo does the business 9 times out of 10

S

·
0 Posts
This is from the Bulgarian national press:

In the year of their 60th anniversary, FC CSKA are experiencing the most scandalous fall in the entire history of the Red club. The Licenses Committee with the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) banned CSKA from participation in the UEFA tournaments. Because of accumulated debts, the Reds may as well relegate to the third division in the Bulgarian football championship and play against amateurs next year.
According to the regulations of UEFA, FC Levski should take the place of the champions CSKA in the Champions League.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
When you try and cheat like these have, then this will happen to you.
Hopefully this will deter these kind of things happening in the world of football.

Saying that, I bet the Porto and Cska fans are mightly peed off

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
stuart1976 said:
Yeah kicked out for bribery in 2003-04 season. Wasnt that when they won it? defo bribery then as Paul Scholes disallowed goal was 2 yards onside and we would have gone through instead of them. Jose only won the competition on bribery then that wont suit him that this has come out.
i was there that night and paul was three yards onside , but lucky jose got away with it and the rest is history ,every body needs some luck and that was his , it made him

1 - 19 of 19 Posts