Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porto will be allowed to compete in next season's Champions League despite an ongoing investigation into the alleged bribery of referees, UEFA said on Monday.
European football's governing body said in a statement that Porto would be admitted into the competition because the investigation in Portugal had not yet been concluded.
UEFA spokesman William Gaillard added that "any sanctions brought against them (by UEFA) will apply from the following season".
UEFA had originally thrown Porto out of next season's Champions League after Portuguese football authorities took action against the club last month.
On Friday UEFA's own appeals body ordered the organisation's disciplinary panel to annul that decision pending a separate appeals process in Portugal.
The Disciplinary Commission of the Professional Portuguese Football League stripped Porto of six points and fined the club 150,000 euros (230,400 USD) after its probe of two matches in 2003-04.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top