Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torres starts on the bench

Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidarsson, Basinas, Davis, Mullins, Belhadj, Nugent, Crouch {Subs} Begovic, Lauren, Mvuemba, Pamorat, Kanu, Kranjcar, Gekas

Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Dossena, Arbeloa, Masherano, Aurelio, Benayoun, Babel, N' Gog {Subs} Cavaileri, Hyypia, Torres, Riera, Alonso, Kuyt, El Zhar

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is a surprising team from Rafa. I can only assume that he thinks that Portsmouth are so crap that there is no need to play his best attacking players. Maybe he is saving Torres/Kuyt for the second half when Pompey will be tired.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Aurelio as a winger, two boring crap teams with no form of late. Mullins was a good capture by Adams. I won't even try predict this circus of a match... it's unpredictable!!!!

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Crouch should be extra motivated against Pool. With the squad that Rafa is playing everything is possible. Come on Pompey

·
Registered
601 Posts
nothing upfront, only see benayon as a threat, mascherano will be working real hard tonight. Cant believe alonso isnt in there. A draw or a loss would be great. Now chelsea look like they are struggling. If liverpool dont get a win, this is a great chance to rap up the title before the liverpool game.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I actually laughed out load when I heard their line-up for the match. That is not a title winning team if you ask me. If Chelsea and Liverpool keep dropping points, we could kill the title off when we play the scousers on March 14th.

Pompey could get points out of this one today, maybe even an unlikely win, Crouch and James will have points to prove against Liverpool aswell.

Rafa's crackin' up!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
The thing is Skrtel & Agger are as good defenders as you're goingto find anywhere. I don't think Pompey can win.

Maybe draw 0 - 0 but they'll struggle to score even 1 in my opinion. Prove me wrong you gangly wonder, prove me wrong Crouchy.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Rafa is a SHOCKING manager

I think he's trying to lose the title

Seeing N'gog in the team sheet makes me smile :)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jesus Christ, what a god awful lineup 6 defenders, which leads me to believe they're going with a back 5, with one of the 3 fullbacks pushed up to the wing, probably Babel on the wing, with Yossi right behind N'Gog.

Ewwwwww.

·
Registered
312 Posts
dlan4327 said:
The thing is Skrtel & Agger are as good defenders as you're goingto find anywhere. I don't think Pompey can win.

Maybe draw 0 - 0 but they'll struggle to score even 1 in my opinion. Prove me wrong you gangly wonder, prove me wrong Crouchy.
Fair point. Pompey's attack has been struggling for some time. Their best chance will be to score from a set piece.

Z

·
0 Posts
Setanta: Kuyt too tired?
Rafa: yes
Setanta: Torres too tired?
Rafa: yes
Setanta What about Carragher?
Rafa: he is defender

LMAO :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
liverpool just cannot sub quality with quality. if liverpool doesnt win today and us winning tomorrow, i doubt liverpool would have the confidence and the desire to chase us down.

we might have villa challenging us for the title instead.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
wadadlired said:
Fair point. Pompey's attack has been struggling for some time. Their best chance will be to score from a set piece.
Thats a good point, but with Crouch the ex-Liverpool players and Nugent the die-hard Everton fan hopefully they will up their game a bit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Richie said:
Thats a good point, but with Crouch the ex-Liverpool players and Nugent the die-hard Everton fan hopefully they will up their game a bit.
Let's hope. In a way, the team Rafa has choosen to play against Pompey is insulting to the Pompey players as it shows how little respect he has for Pompey. If he was playing a team in the top half of the table I do not believe he would play this team. Hopefully, the whole team will be extra motivated.

Z

·
0 Posts
wadadlired said:
Let's hope. In a way, the team Rafa has choosen to play against Pompey is insulting to the Pompey players as it shows how little respect he has for Pompey. If he was playing a team in the top half of the table I do not believe he would play this team. Hopefully, the whole team will be extra motivated.
I'm amazed that a team that can put out a starting eleven as poor as that is challenging us for the title.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts