Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wandering whether these two are supposed to have a bright future in the game. i assume the scouts must have spotted some potential in them otherwise why buy a foreign player to sit in the reserves and at best become a squad player as opposed to developing someone from the acadamy?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
They are two interesting players, that's for sure. But the player that i think we should be looking at is Petrucci. When he left Rome, everyone in italy went crazy because we bought their greatest home grown player since totti as they said it. He started a little shaky at the beggining but now he has become a regular in the under 18 squad, so let's hope we won't let him slip out of our hands as we did with Rossi.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Macheda looks better IMO. I hope he becomes a quality player with us. Similar to Rossi, stunning in the reserves but never really broke the first team.

Macheda is a class act though!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't know where you come from or who you support, but they've been linked with loan moves to Rangers in the summer, which would be a terrible move for them.

Are you a Rangers fan, or is it just a coincidence that this thread so close to the reports?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Alot of players do well in the reserves but faulter when they make the 1st team, Neil Mellor is a good example of that, ripped up the reserves league scoring so many goals but then couldn't deal with the 1st team. But I have high hopes for Macheda.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know where you come from or who you support, but they've been linked with loan moves to Rangers in the summer, which would be a terrible move for them.

Are you a Rangers fan, or is it just a coincidence that this thread so close to the reports?

i'm a man utd fan. was just wandering whether people thought they were set for a bright future.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

Really? :eek:

Hope they don't go there, would be awful.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Alot of players do well in the reserves but faulter when they make the 1st team, Neil Mellor is a good example of that, ripped up the reserves league scoring so many goals but then couldn't deal with the 1st team. But I have high hopes for Macheda.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Possebon looks like a typical Brazillian player to me, too neat and tidy, and not very agressive. I can't see him doing much here. Macheda... no idea.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Possebon is a neat ad tidy player.

Last season he was immense in the reserves and at the start of this season also.

However since he god injured vs Boro in the Carling Cup he seems to have declines.

Macheday is a brilliant prospect. Big, strong, quick, clever and the best finisher at the club. Has a bit of a nasty streak too....

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Both are interesting players imo, I dont understand why a loan move to rangers would be such a bad idea for these lads, I mean surely its better to play in the spl than in the reserves.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Petrucci and Macheda look exceptional, quite different players
with fairly different strengths. Petrucci is a Deco type player
with exceptional passing and shots, Macheda is an unorthodox
striker, he covers a similar area of the pitch as Messi but has
a fairly different playing style.

Possebon is one of the classiest midfielders we've had in recent
years and has potential to sell, he's confident on the ball, an
excellent passer and is a good tackler of the ball, though he
doesn't tend to muscle players off.

Fabio and Rafael, well, do I need to start?

Foster, Rafael, Evans, Fabio, Morrison, Petrucci, Macheda,
Ljajic and Possebon are the future of Man Utd.

Two players I'd like to see more of are Evandro Brandao and
Joshua King, not to mention Zoran Tosic who doesn't seem
to exist anymore.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i must admit i like macheda , i wish fergie would put him on the bench and give him 10 mins now and again , i think he is a great prospect.
possebon is looking good too , he just seems a bit light weight to me .
The person who has been performing well for the reserves is lee martin , he is getting better and better and is worthy of a subs spot now and again

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Petrucci and Macheda look exceptional, quite different players
with fairly different strengths. Petrucci is a Deco type player
with exceptional passing and shots, Macheda is an unorthodox
striker, he covers a similar area of the pitch as Messi but has
a fairly different playing style.

Petrcucci is a quick powerful striker. There is nothing 'Deco' about him :confused:

Fabio and Rafael, well, do I need to start?

Foster, Rafael, Evans, Fabio, Morrison, Petrucci, Macheda,
Ljajic and Possebon are the future of Man Utd.

Two players I'd like to see more of are Evandro Brandao and
Joshua King, not to mention Zoran Tosic who doesn't seem
to exist anymore.
All good players, but fact of the matter is, most wont make it at United.
We have too many young quality players already and you cant play them all.

Possebon needs to go out on loan and get some experience. What is he now? our 8th choice midfielder?
His form hasnt been great since his injury. He needs to sort it out and go on loan somewhere.

Macheda has a chance cos United will be looking to fill that 4th striker birth.
Players like Campbell, Mancuho, Welbeck are all in the hunt, but I have my doubts any of them will make it at United. Macheda has a good shout but he will need to keep flourishing.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
All good players, but fact of the matter is, most wont make it at United.
We have too many young quality players already and you cant play them all.

Possebon needs to go out on loan and get some experience. What is he now? our 8th choice midfielder?
His form hasnt been great since his injury. He needs to sort it out and go on loan somewhere.

Macheda has a chance cos United will be looking to fill that 4th striker birth.
Players like Campbell, Mancuho, Welbeck are all in the hunt, but I have my doubts any of them will make it at United. Macheda has a good shout but he will need to keep flourishing.
He's not a striker, he's an attacking midfielder, his fortes are passes
and long shots.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
My bet is the Italian duo will probably get loaned out back to Italy to get more 1st team experience. Probably in another year or so. They're still very young after all.

Maybe Possebon should get loaned out as well for more 1st team experience. He needs to be playing at a higher level than the reserves.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
With Scholes, Van Der Sar and Giggs retiring soon,
Anderson not being what many of us expected,
Berbatov and Ferdinand nearing their 30s, Tevez
hopefully leaving soon there are quite a few gaps
to be filled. Evans and Rafael are semi regulars as
it is, Fabio will be giving Evra hard times, Possebon
is fantastic, Morrison is one of England's brightest
prospects in recent years and Ljajic looks good
from what I've seen. I know that it won't be easy
for any of these players to break into the first team
and they will require patience but at age 24 many
of the players I mentioned will be playing regular
International football for their countries, hopefully
they'll be playing club football for us.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
My bet is the Italian duo will probably get loaned out back to Italy to get more 1st team experience. Probably in another year or so. They're still very young after all.

Maybe Possebon should get loaned out as well for more 1st team experience. He needs to be playing at a higher level than the reserves.
I think he should keep macheda and give him a little taster of first team football , the others should go out on loan

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He's not a striker, he's an attacking midfielder, his fortes are passes
and long shots.
Macheda and Petrucci are both strikers.
Macheda might play off the front man but he's still an forward.
He hasnt got ALL those goals from midfield.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts