Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
manutd004 said:
Yeah. I absolutely agree.

I'm getting a bit repetitive as well, but Blanc is the best man for the job imo. I can't see anyone better.

Hes a fantastic coach, and I think hes going to become the one of the best managers in the World.

I actually think that he should come in as assistant, gain some fantastic experience and replace Sir Alex in 2/3 years time.
A bit repetitive??? :eek:
thats about 6 posts in this thread saying you want Blanc's babies....
we heard ya the first time J :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
bam solo said:
I think people have a tendancy to forget how important carlos was epecially in terms of europe. We've just won an europen cup (just in case ronaldo's antics had caused people to forget).

It should be assumed that the success in our switch in styles between european competition and domestics competition is largely because of Carlos' coaching, such a switch in styles is something that can only be practised on the training pitch and thats the area where carlos came into he's own.

Even the madrid players who played under him will acknowledge that carlos was a great coach, the only area where it would seem that he has question marks is overall man management and motivating (fergie's forte).

The simple fact is that Cantona cannot possibly be ready to step into the gap left by Carlos, as much as united fans like to romanticise Eric has always been an individual who went into the field concentrating solely on he's own performance(of course if he performed to he's ability he's game would raise everybody elses) He isn't a natural leader of men and as technically gifted as he was I don't believe he has the abilty to coach that level of tecnical skill to youngsters.

We all love eric for he's individual but it's that same trait that would make him a disaster as fergie's number 2. maybe if he was inducted into the OT coaching system and had time to work alongside other coaches to see what its all about then he might one day make a cracking no 2 or even manager.

At the moment I think we need to start looking toward the continent for Carlos' replacement.
great post, now come back and make some more :D

You are being realistic about Cantona to be fair, but I still think he would be worth
a punt, the legend that he is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts