Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I won't be that happy if we don't at least try to get Blanc. If we try, and he doesn't want to come, then it won't bother me.

But I think if we don't try to get him, we will miss a fantastic opportunity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Ex Liverpool assistant, now what will the OT faithful make of this ?

Man Utd's Ferguson to stun Liverpool with Pako move
- July 08, 2008

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson could stun bitter rivals Liverpool by making Pako Ayesteran his new assistant manager.
The Telegraph says the former Liverpool coach, now working at Benfica, is in line to succeed Carlos Queiroz once his deal to become Portugal's new coach is closed.

Ferguson is keen to recruit an assistant manager with an established network of continental contacts.

I can undertand why he wants a coach with a lot of contacts from around the globe but an ex-Liverscum ? :cool: what do you guys think ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Well he hasn't really got massive history with Liverpool.
How long was he a coach there? If he has the credentials
and is good enough to replace Carlos then i say get him!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I sort of have mixed feelings to be honest. There are a few whom I look at that have not been main coaches that I think COULD become fantastic future coaches and others that I question. There is a significant difference, imo, between being the HC and an assistant and certain coaches can thrive not being under the main gun of the team while others probably flourish when given the chance

If we have the ability to grab a proven ManUtd man with HC experience, I say we go all out and get him
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
surely Laurent Blanc though should be our biggest target?
:p

I can't stop thinking and talking about Blanc when thinking/talking about the assistants job either.

I think if we don't at least try to get him, we will miss a big opportunity.

I, personally, can't see any better man for the job.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
hate these stupid type of questions.

not our choice but SAF choice as to who he wants as his number two. I am happy to accept whoever he chooses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
antdevil78 said:
hate these stupid type of questions.

not our choice but SAF choice as to who he wants as his number two. I am happy to accept whoever he chooses.
Thats like saying lets not talk about potential transfers, of course we're going to debate who could be the next assistant manager because our current one looks very likely to leave. Just a pointless post really :rolleyes:

Basically as i've said in many posts i believe Laurent Blanc will manage a top class European club one day and what better way to prepare than to learn some more under Sir Alex for a few seasons? and in my opinion he is a realistic succesor to the great man himself.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
Basically as i've said in many posts i believe Laurent Blanc will manage a top class European club one day and what better way to prepare than to learn some more under Sir Alex for a few seasons? and in my opinion he is a realistic succesor to the great man himself.
Yeah. I absolutely agree.

I'm getting a bit repetitive as well, but Blanc is the best man for the job imo. I can't see anyone better.

Hes a fantastic coach, and I think hes going to become the one of the best managers in the World.

I actually think that he should come in as assistant, gain some fantastic experience and replace Sir Alex in 2/3 years time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
manutd004 said:
Yeah. I absolutely agree.

I'm getting a bit repetitive as well, but Blanc is the best man for the job imo. I can't see anyone better.

Hes a fantastic coach, and I think hes going to become the one of the best managers in the World.

I actually think that he should come in as assistant, gain some fantastic experience and replace Sir Alex in 2/3 years time.
A bit repetitive??? :eek:
thats about 6 posts in this thread saying you want Blanc's babies....
we heard ya the first time J :rolleyes: :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
A bit repetitive??? :eek:
thats about 6 posts in this thread saying you want Blanc's babies....
we heard ya the first time J :rolleyes:
:p

Oh, and btw, did I tell you I wanted Blanc as assistant manager? ;)
 

·
Keen on Fella's
Joined
·
8,472 Posts
manutd004 said:
I won't be that happy if we don't at least try to get Blanc. If we try, and he doesn't want to come, then it won't bother me.

But I think if we don't try to get him, we will miss a fantastic opportunity.
totally agree with ya mate, he is the best man for the job, the only problem is will he accept a job as a number 2 he already has a good job with a decent side who are making fantastic progress under his stewardship.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Drew9 said:
Thats like saying lets not talk about potential transfers, of course we're going to debate who could be the next assistant manager because our current one looks very likely to leave. Just a pointless post really :rolleyes:

Basically as i've said in many posts i believe Laurent Blanc will manage a top class European club one day and what better way to prepare than to learn some more under Sir Alex for a few seasons? and in my opinion he is a realistic succesor to the great man himself.
my point was not pointless.

with potential transfers you can comment on games you have seen that player play in and search on you tube.

what is the reasoning behind your choice of laurent blanc. what track record are you using to come to that kind of reasoning.

like i said its pointless as fergie will have someone already in mind. my personal opinion opinion is to keep it in house using one of the reserve/youth team coaches and promoting to asst manager.

Your stupid comment of saying Blanc will manage a top club one day just dont make any sense. There have been plenty of top players who have moved on to become garbage in the managerial stakes. Your comment suggests blanc will be a success but as he aint won anything as a manager, i cant understand where that comment comes from.

Bit like me saying Jaap Stam to become asst manager as he will manage a big club one day!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
I think Fergie will look abroad again,cantona is big enough to take the sir alex's job when he retires, to me its a pretty good challange>>>>>
 
G

·
Am I the only one who doesn't want Cantona anywhere near a managerial role at United?

He is a United legend of course, but he is also a stark raving lunatic.

Great player doesn't automatically equal great manager as some of you
seem to think. If he ever gets near being assistant manager I would hope
at the very least that he proves his worth at another club first.

Give choccy the job, Cantona isn't up to it.
 

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
I'm not really sure why Fergie seems to rate McClair's work with the academy so highly, the team havn't produced and great players from the ranks in years.

The only players we've had come through since the Beckham&Neville&co generation have been Wes Brown, John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher and they're hardly brilliant for a club like us.

Like i hope I'm wrong here don't get me wrong but I just don't see the fuss about McClair, especially not to replace Quieroz who is such a good coach and tactition
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
antdevil78 said:
my point was not pointless.

with potential transfers you can comment on games you have seen that player play in and search on you tube.

what is the reasoning behind your choice of laurent blanc. what track record are you using to come to that kind of reasoning.

like i said its pointless as fergie will have someone already in mind. my personal opinion opinion is to keep it in house using one of the reserve/youth team coaches and promoting to asst manager.

Your stupid comment of saying Blanc will manage a top club one day just dont make any sense. There have been plenty of top players who have moved on to become garbage in the managerial stakes. Your comment suggests blanc will be a success but as he aint won anything as a manager, i cant understand where that comment comes from.

Bit like me saying Jaap Stam to become asst manager as he will manage a big club one day!!!!!

Well lets get this straight he's not just been a good player, i say this on the basis he's taken Bordeaux to 2nd in the french league in his very 1st season, an achivement when you look back 12 months and they were no more than a mid table side, so no my point was very valid thank you very much, as for yours well it simply wasn't if you dont want to debate who will be the next assistant then why post anything at all ? And then all your bright ideas about putting someone within the club is all well and good but then we will need someone else to replace them wont we brains. Lastly it's nothing like talking about Jaap Stam, he hasn't had any experience of coaching a club of reasonable size has he so you've shown yourself up again there pal, apart from that couldnt agree more with you :p
oh and he hasn't won anything as he's only been a Manager for a season so get your facts right and give him a chance.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
-zuco- said:
Am I the only one who doesn't want Cantona anywhere near a managerial role at United?

He is a United legend of course, but he is also a stark raving lunatic.

Great player doesn't automatically equal great manager as some of you
seem to think. If he ever gets near being assistant manager I would hope
at the very least that he proves his worth at another club first.
No.

I don't want Cantona either.

If Cantona was to come, let him come as a coach that works with the players and gives them advice to improve their technique.

Everyone is saying "Get Cantona" simply because he was such a fantastic player for us. He was no doubt a fantastic player.

But I really can't see him being good at other issues, such as man-management, tactics etc.

Of course, I may be wrong, but I just can't see it.

I don't want him anywhere near the assistants or managers job.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Drew9 said:
Well lets get this straight he's not just been a good player, i say this on the basis he's taken Bordeaux to 2nd in the french league in his very 1st season, an achivement when you look back 12 months and they were no more than a mid table side, so no my point was very valid thank you very much, as for yours well it simply wasn't if you dont want to debate who will be the next assistant then why post anything at all ? And then all your bright ideas about putting someone within the club is all well and good but then we will need someone else to replace them wont we brains. Lastly it's nothing like talking about Jaap Stam, he hasn't had any experience of coaching a club of reasonable size has he so you've shown yourself up again there pal, apart from that couldnt agree more with you :p
oh and he hasn't won anything as he's only been a Manager for a season so get your facts right and give him a chance.
French League aint exactly Premiership, is it, brains.

Like saying get strachan cos look how good he's doing in scottish league.

Going back to my main point, Blanc wont get the job cos he is the "fans favourite". If he does get it, it cos fergie wants him and fergie alone.

That is why i was saying debating it aint worthwhile.

(and LASTLY!!! Try putting your point across, not forcing it onto people to accept as right)
 
21 - 40 of 99 Posts
Top