Manchester United Talk banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Tell you guys what.....

Fergie probably could have done without the disruption, but he's relishing the challenge.

He reached the summit YET AGAIN, but the universe won't let him rest on his laurels.

It's a new season, a new challenge and a new chapter.

I'm not saying the old wiley fox loves to lose his right-hand man and have his star player mouthing off to the media how he wants to achieve his dreams elsewhere, but at the same time, it will give him fuel to achieve success yet again inspite of these new challenges.

Is there another man on the planet you;d rather have in a situation like this managing the best football club in the world?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
According to the Times Newspaper, Michael Laudrup could also be a possible replacement for Carlos....He did a great job at Getafe....so maybe he would be a good choice....if its true.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
NateR i couldnt argue with that appointment either mate, he too like Laurent Blanc would be a possible replacement for Fergie not only a very interestsing right hand man, i think he could bring a very attractive vibe to the squad, his Getafe teams last season played some of the most attractive football in spain last season and that alone is an achievement considering the quality in la liga, it would actually excite me quite a lot if either Blanc or Laudrup were appointed :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Phelan To Become No2

Inside Sources Say That Long Serving Mike Phelan Will Be Presented As United Right Hand Man To The Gaffa In A Few Days..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think people have a tendancy to forget how important carlos was epecially in terms of europe. We've just won an europen cup (just in case ronaldo's antics had caused people to forget).

It should be assumed that the success in our switch in styles between european competition and domestics competition is largely because of Carlos' coaching, such a switch in styles is something that can only be practised on the training pitch and thats the area where carlos came into he's own.

Even the madrid players who played under him will acknowledge that carlos was a great coach, the only area where it would seem that he has question marks is overall man management and motivating (fergie's forte).

The simple fact is that Cantona cannot possibly be ready to step into the gap left by Carlos, as much as united fans like to romanticise Eric has always been an individual who went into the field concentrating solely on he's own performance(of course if he performed to he's ability he's game would raise everybody elses) He isn't a natural leader of men and as technically gifted as he was I don't believe he has the abilty to coach that level of tecnical skill to youngsters.

We all love eric for he's individual but it's that same trait that would make him a disaster as fergie's number 2. maybe if he was inducted into the OT coaching system and had time to work alongside other coaches to see what its all about then he might one day make a cracking no 2 or even manager.

At the moment I think we need to start looking toward the continent for Carlos' replacement.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
bam solo said:
I think people have a tendancy to forget how important carlos was epecially in terms of europe. We've just won an europen cup (just in case ronaldo's antics had caused people to forget).

It should be assumed that the success in our switch in styles between european competition and domestics competition is largely because of Carlos' coaching, such a switch in styles is something that can only be practised on the training pitch and thats the area where carlos came into he's own.

Even the madrid players who played under him will acknowledge that carlos was a great coach, the only area where it would seem that he has question marks is overall man management and motivating (fergie's forte).

The simple fact is that Cantona cannot possibly be ready to step into the gap left by Carlos, as much as united fans like to romanticise Eric has always been an individual who went into the field concentrating solely on he's own performance(of course if he performed to he's ability he's game would raise everybody elses) He isn't a natural leader of men and as technically gifted as he was I don't believe he has the abilty to coach that level of tecnical skill to youngsters.

We all love eric for he's individual but it's that same trait that would make him a disaster as fergie's number 2. maybe if he was inducted into the OT coaching system and had time to work alongside other coaches to see what its all about then he might one day make a cracking no 2 or even manager.

At the moment I think we need to start looking toward the continent for Carlos' replacement.
Great post.

I absolutely agree with it.

I, personally, don't want Cantona anywhere near an important position, e/g Manager, Assistant etc.

If he was to come, he would need to come in as just a coach, or at another club and prove himself first.

I really can't see him being good at the management side of it.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Carlos will be missed,
He brought an Attacking dimension to the Team,
And got Anderson and Nani to sign for us,

He was really important in the European games,
All in all, I think he was a Huge part of last seasons sucess,

Also I read somewhere (prob the sun) that SAF was trying to get Gus Poyet from Spurs as his Assistant, Probably isn't true though..!!!

G

·
Roberto Martinez!

Hi lads there is a big rumor down here as we speak that Martinez is in the Dragon Hotel putting the finishing touches to signing the contract to be Ferguson's assistant manager apparently we are going to hold a press conference this evening!!:mad: if its true then i will be gutted! but for you that would be an awesome capture he is very highly regarded by all managers even more so Ferguson!! Have any of you heard of this up there??
Cheers Lads!!

Rumor down here is that Martinez is in a hotel (Dragon Hotel) as we speak signing to be your assistant mgr we are to hold a press conference later this evening!! i hope this is not true!!!!

G

·
Swansea_Jack said:
Hi lads there is a big rumor down here as we speak that Martinez is in the Dragon Hotel putting the finishing touches to signing the contract to be Ferguson's assistant manager apparently we are going to hold a press conference this evening!!:mad: if its true then i will be gutted! but for you that would be an awesome capture he is very highly regarded by all managers even more so Ferguson!! Have any of you heard of this up there??
Cheers Lads!!

Rumor down here is that Martinez is in a hotel (Dragon Hotel) as we speak signing to be your assistant mgr we are to hold a press conference later this evening!! i hope this is not true!!!!
Never heard of him to be honest. Where are the rumours coming from?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Swansea_Jack said:
Cheers Lads!!

What????????????????

G

·
Man Utd in no rush over new coach

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the club are in no rush to appoint a successor to assistant manager Carlos Queiroz.

With less than five weeks to the start of the Premier League season, Queiroz left Old Trafford to take the job of coaching his native Portugal on Friday.

"You take your time with these things," said Ferguson.

"I knew when Portugal came for him that it would be very difficult for us. But we've good staff and we'll carry on."

Current United coaches Mike Phelan, Brian McClair and Rene Meulensteen are among the names said to be in the frame for the post, along with the likes of former Reds defender Laurent Blanc.

"It's always disappointing to lose good men and Carlos was a good man," added Ferguson.

"He was honest, very loyal to me and a good coach, who brought a lot of initiatives that we now carry on.

"He has taken a challenge on that people do, if they have that patriotic passion and the nationalist fervour to go and manage their country. He's got that."

Ferguson was speaking following his side's first pre-season run-out, a 2-0 win over his former side Aberdeen in a testimonial for the Dons' European Cup Winners' Cup-winning side of 25 years ago.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yes its the Sun (;)), but I thought you might find it interesting;

==========================================================

Ron pal wanted as No 2

MANCHESTER UNITED are planning to land Cristiano Ronaldo's former team-mate as their new No 2.

Boss Alex Ferguson is trying to persuade Sporting Lisbon coach Paulo Bento to become his assistant.

Bento is Ronaldo's pal and could talk the Real Madrid target into staying.

They know each other well after Ron played one season in the first-team with Bento in 2002-03.

The 39-year-old is one of the best young Portuguese coaches.

And he comes highly recommended by countryman Carlos Queiroz, who quit as United No 2 last week to become national team coach.

Bento has guided Lisbon to runners-up spot in the league three campaigns in a row and has won them three cups.

Bento, who played 35 times for Portugal, will raise his profile at United — even with Sporting being in the Champions League.

He has leapt ahead of fellow candidates Pako Ayesteran and Laurent Blanc.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts