Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
A player thats happy to stay on the bench isn't good at all. He gets what 50-60 grand a week and plays 15 games a season mainly as a sub. I'd much rather have the twins on the bench than O'Shea he isn't that good and the twins oose (sp) class and want to play. Not saying he should leave just that i'd hate for the twins to not get bedded in just because fergie likes O'shea, same goes for fletcher he's not good enough for us but due to injuries suspensions and the fact fergie likes him he's in the starting line-up if park was fit he'd be on the right wing and fletcher would have no chance.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
A player thats happy to stay on the bench isn't good at all. He gets what 50-60 grand a week and plays 15 games a season mainly as a sub. I'd much rather have the twins on the bench than O'Shea he isn't that good and the twins oose (sp) class and want to play. Not saying he should leave just that i'd hate for the twins to not get bedded in just because fergie likes O'shea, same goes for fletcher he's not good enough for us but due to injuries suspensions and the fact fergie likes him he's in the starting line-up if park was fit he'd be on the right wing and fletcher would have no chance.
:eek: Nice one!

So you think Ferguson picks these players just because he likes them over other players?
If you have been around you already knew he puts the team before the player.
Captain Ince was sold to Inter because he wasnt the winner anymore.
Captain Beckham went the same way but to Spain because he wasnt giving the team what Fergie were expecting from him.
Captain Keane went north for similar reasons.

Before that he sent away fans favourites as Norman Whiteside and Paul McGrath due to diciplinary problems (drinking culture) because they wouldnt change. If you ask me Ferguson knows how to 'kill his darlings' when he needs to do so. Thats what he's been doing for 22 years at OT.

·
Least popular Moderator
26,061 Posts
spellbound said:
:eek: Nice one!

So you think Ferguson picks these players just because he likes them over other players?
If you have been around you already knew he puts the team before the player.
Captain Ince was sold to Inter because he wasnt the winner anymore.
Captain Beckham went the same way but to Spain because he wasnt giving the team what Fergie were expecting from him.
Captain Keane went north for similar reasons.

Before that he sent away fans favourites as Norman Whiteside and Paul McGrath due to diciplinary problems (drinking culture) because they wouldnt change. If you ask me Ferguson knows how to 'kill his darlings' when he needs to do so. Thats what he's been doing for 22 years at OT.
I agree totally with what you've said except that in heinsight Keane should have left a year before he did. He was a shadow of his former self if I'm being honest.

·
Registered
25,282 Posts
TheManc said:
I agree totally with what you've said except that in heinsight Keane should have left a year before he did. He was a shadow of his former self if I'm being honest.
:eek: Blasphemy.

He was injured constantly, but he could still control the game.
tut tut TM, Im shocked and horrified.

·
Pz
2,167 Posts
Versa!! How come we always agree to disagree on football topics now huh?? lol

Honestly though, i have to go on the side of the irish mafia in here right now and say that i would prefer he stays. In all honestly in terms of rating him a footballer, i really do not think he is very good BUT i do think he has a great attitude and is a very likeable guy. He also seems to be a laugh and good for team spirit and he seems like the type of guy who is needed in a squad to keep the spirits up and also CAN do a half decent job at times. He was not bad at all against portsmouth, while not great either. Similar to why i said we should keep fletcher, not soo much for team spirit unlike JOS but when he called upon, gives his heart out, never complains and can do a job when he is needed even if he is also a limited footballer.

I do agree that sooner or later they may start to hamper the possibility of rodrigo coming through but does rodrigo have the potential to be wayyyyy wayyyy and i place huge emphasis of wayyyyy (lol) better than both fletcher and JOS do in midfield? If so, then maybe next season one of the two should be sold but i think for this season, keep both of them as rodrigo gets used to live in the first team squad....

I am kinda of in the middle though...i can see why people would want players like JOS out but im with those who would like to see him stay...even though id prefer to watch rodrigo player over JOS...LOL...make sense? haha
pz

·
Least popular Moderator
26,061 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
:eek: Blasphemy.

He was injured constantly, but he could still control the game.
tut tut TM, Im shocked and horrified.
:( I'm embarrased to even think it tbh. I just think performance wise (except a few great days) he was half his former self, which like you said was down to injuries. But eventually they take there toll.

Of course I'm forgeting the impact he had off the pitch here, and his motivational strengths, but from purely a performance stand point - he was a shadow of his former self.

I'm still glad he stayed with us though. Hell I'd still accept him back today such was his impact in helping other players.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
United_OG said:

Honestly though, i have to go on the side of the irish mafia in here right now and say that i would prefer he stays. In all honestly in terms of rating him a footballer, i really do not think he is very good BUT i do think he has a great attitude and is a very likeable guy. He also seems to be a laugh and good for team spirit and he seems like the type of guy who is needed in a squad to keep the spirits up and also CAN do a half decent job at times. He was not bad at all against portsmouth, while not great either. Similar to why i said we should keep fletcher, not soo much for team spirit unlike JOS but when he called upon, gives his heart out, never complains and can do a job when he is needed even if he is also a limited footballer.

I do agree that sooner or later they may start to hamper the possibility of rodrigo coming through but does rodrigo have the potential to be wayyyyy wayyyy and i place huge emphasis of wayyyyy (lol) better than both fletcher and JOS do in midfield? If so, then maybe next season one of the two should be sold but i think for this season, keep both of them as rodrigo gets used to live in the first team squad....

I am kinda of in the middle though...i can see why people would want players like JOS out but im with those who would like to see him stay...even though id prefer to watch rodrigo player over JOS...LOL...make sense? haha
pz
If players like Rodrigo, Fab and Raf and the other youngsters are good enough your wish might come true. They might get sold or maybe not. In a team you need different characters.
Imagine a team full of players doing tricks all the time, how Ronaldo were when he first arrived. It would take the team 45 minutes to finish their first attack and it would look like a Riverdance tryout.

And I dont see just Rodrigo compete with either O'Shea or Fletcher for a place in the team. Carrick and Scholes is more of his rivals. So if you urge to see Rodrigo you should ask Ferguson to sell Scholes and Carrick instead.

·
26,045 Posts
United_OG said:

Lol. Now that you mentioned. No worries mate. In the Huntelaar/Berbatov issue alone, this forum is already splitted into the Huntelaar camp, the Berbatov camp and the Undecided like Spellbound that does not necessarily agree with the 2 camps. Norms of a forum I guess.

Honestly though, i have to go on the side of the irish mafia in here right now and say that i would prefer he stays. In all honestly in terms of rating him a footballer, i really do not think he is very good BUT i do think he has a great attitude and is a very likeable guy. He also seems to be a laugh and good for team spirit and he seems like the type of guy who is needed in a squad to keep the spirits up and also CAN do a half decent job at times. He was not bad at all against portsmouth, while not great either. Similar to why i said we should keep fletcher, not soo much for team spirit unlike JOS but when he called upon, gives his heart out, never complains and can do a job when he is needed even if he is also a limited footballer. I do agree that sooner or later they may start to hamper the possibility of rodrigo coming through but does rodrigo have the potential to be wayyyyy wayyyy and i place huge emphasis of wayyyyy (lol) better than both fletcher and JOS do in midfield? If so, then maybe next season one of the two should be sold but i think for this season, keep both of them as rodrigo gets used to live in the first team squad....

That is good enough reason for him to leave; we can't afford to be too sentimental if the progress of the club is foremost in our thought.

But more importantly, he lack the geniune quality that will see him go far, probably as cover for the rest of his career at OT while our select few youngsters, such as the Samba twins, Possebon etc, do seem to possess such quality and could probably be our future first team regulars. This is a significant difference to bear in mind.

pz

Now I would be confused. Lol.
Ditto.

·
Registered
25,282 Posts
spellbound said:
If 3-5 years they will haunt the defence in European club football but there's a lot of hard work to be done till they are there.
Dont forget about Hargo and Carrick in the mix as well. They will still be about
in 3-5 years time. We have so many good midfielders its scary.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Dont forget about Hargo and Carrick in the mix as well. They will still be about
in 3-5 years time. We have so many good midfielders its scary.
We have........ in 2years time we will have Carrick and Hargo at the prime age and the we will have Anderson and Possebon getting better and better.
We have a bright future.
Look at Chelsea in 2years time, Ballack might be gone, and Lampard will be old and Deco aswell.
This is Chelsea year if any, after this year they wont have the players:D

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.