Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with Jose Mourinho having left by mutual consent according to Chelsea and reports - Attention will now turn to Chelsea getting a replacement. Who do you think are the possible candidates?

Guus Hiddink and Fabio Capello - is one of them possible replacements? Are Chelsea out of the title race? Is Chelsea's luck slowing and painfully turning?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
i just pray to god its not Capello...we allready have a spanish team (liverpoo) we dun want an Italian team in the EPL, they dun knw how to play football...they only play defence
besides that man has an awesome record of winning leagues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
I wasnt too suprised that Avram Grant was named manager.
Hes no Mourinho i can see Lampard moving in January as will Drogba soon good news for us !

Also I can see them finishing 4th now, they should of got Capello.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Avram Grant is Romans mate so he is just showing favouritism to his friend which is great news for us. The players already dont like him so he has a lot of work to do. Hopefully they give Steve Staunton the job. That would make my year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
it would of been better for us had mourinho left after our game against them this weekend i can just see all the chelsea players in the dressing room now, come on boys lets do it for mourinho

surely this avram grant has not been given the managers job full time? they havn't said yet weather he's caretaker boss or full time boss yet

even tho jose was a nob most of the time im gonna miss him in a way, strange i know, but he could be entertaining aswell as annoying as fcuk. any one agree?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I think the russian gangster is going to go for the manager with the highest reputation, so I guess Guus Hiddink, Fabio Capello and big Phil Scolari will all be in the frame. From what appears to be coming out from Chelsea, Roman probably won't go for Capello because he wants to see more exciting attacking football
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
andycole9 said:
it would of been better for us had mourinho left after our game against them this weekend i can just see all the chelsea players in the dressing room now, come on boys lets do it for mourinho

surely this avram grant has not been given the managers job full time? they havn't said yet weather he's caretaker boss or full time boss yet

even tho jose was a nob most of the time im gonna miss him in a way, strange i know, but he could be entertaining aswell as annoying as fcuk. any one agree?
Totally agree. He was good comedy value at times. The Prem needs characters like him.
I think Grant has been named full time boss btw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
I definitley agree with AC9 its hard to imagine the PL without Jose, and btw Grant was given a full time job with Steve Clark as his assistant according to reports in Israel..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
cristiano04 said:
I definitley agree with AC9 its hard to imagine the PL without Jose, and btw Grant was given a full time job with Steve Clark as his assistant according to reports in Israel..
Hey Cristiano, do you know much about Avram Grant. He has won a few titles in Israel I believe. Can you tell us anything at all??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
i think chelsea are showing what a classless club they really are some body needs to come out and speak in a news conference wheres that nob kenyon now? they have just sacked there greatest manager ever (or he left by mutual consent) and they have appointed a man who no body had even heard of before he turned at pompey and all they do is release statements surley the fans have a right to know whats going on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,167 Posts
Wolfster said:
i just pray to god its not Capello...we allready have a spanish team (liverpoo) we dun want an Italian team in the EPL, they dun knw how to play football...they only play defence
besides that man has an awesome record of winning leagues
Didn't we get knocked out by AC Milan, rather comprehensively?.... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Hey Cristiano, do you know much about Avram Grant. He has won a few titles in Israel I believe. Can you tell us anything at all??
he's the best manager here in Israel, he's very calm and doesnt crack ander pressure.. he won 4 championships and 5 state cups and got some very good results in international tournaments like 1-1 draw against france and alot more.. he almost qualified to the world cup!!
so Id'e say he's a good manager but not more.. I dont think we should worry about him too much..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
cristiano04 said:
he's the best manager here in Israel, he's very calm and doesnt crack ander pressure.. he won 4 championships and 5 state cups and got some very good results in international tournaments like 1-1 draw against france and alot more.. he almost qualified to the world cup!!
so Id'e say he's a good manager but not more.. I dont think we should worry about him too much..
Thanks for that info. Cris.
So he seems to have won a few things. just because nobody has heard of him doesnt mean he wont do a good job. Lets just hope he messes up :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jazz 16 said:
Thanks for that info. Cris.
So he seems to have won a few things. just because nobody has heard of him doesnt mean he wont do a good job. Lets just hope he messes up :D
That is true, I agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Didn't we get knocked out by AC Milan, rather comprehensively?.... :rolleyes:
ac milan beat us coz they was fresh they were able to rest all there team in the lead up to both games where as we had loads of injurys and our full back four was missing, our squad wasn't very good last season and our team was knackered. on a level playing field we would of done ac milan IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Grant is to just fill a hole,Hiddinck is my favorite to take over but an outside bet could be Querioz rumours that he might be leaving and the Chelsea job open i woudnt be too surprised..
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top