Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
greenhoff said:
Grant is to just fill a hole,Hiddinck is my favorite to take over but an outside bet could be Querioz rumours that he might be leaving and the Chelsea job open i woudnt be too surprised..
:confused: you having a laugh. Not in a million years. Besides Carlos isnt going anywhere anyway.
 
G

·
He's not the only one to leave apparently so have jose's backroom staff, seems to me there is more to this than meets the eye .

Avram Grant and Steve Clarke take will take charge of the first team.

They may well go into freefall now..................appointing a manager with no first-team management experience in Europe is just plain stupid!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
andycole9 said:
ac milan beat us coz they was fresh they were able to rest all there team in the lead up to both games where as we had loads of injurys and our full back four was missing, our squad wasn't very good last season and our team was knackered. on a level playing field we would of done ac milan IMO
That night Milan beat United 3-0 they would have beaten anyone in Europe - they were bloody brilliant and no excuse will make it better for us !!!

Back 4 injury - other injury blah blah blah ........ we got our butts kicked by a better team simple fact !!!

And Queiroz to be Chelsea manager ????

Why not ???

He has plenty years work with Kenyon - he is friend of him - who would have said Kenyon would leave to join Chelsea ? No one - so who will say say Queiroz wont leave for Chelsea ???

I think this is big possibility for sure.........:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
That night Milan beat United 3-0 they would have beaten anyone in Europe - they were bloody brilliant and no excuse will make it better for us !!!

Back 4 injury - other injury blah blah blah ........ we got our butts kicked by a better team simple fact !!!
for a start they had complete rest coz they was out of there title race after the match fixing scandal.

secondly; both goals they scored at OT in the first leg were mistakes by players who wouldn't of been playing had all our back four been playing.

third; there second goal at the san siro was also a mistake by one of our player's who woudn't of been playing had all our back four been playing and they wouldn't of scored the 3rd coz we wouldn't of needed to push on

all ifs and buts i know but i truly believe they would not of beat us had we been fresher and had no injurys (like i said in my 1st post a level playing field)

oh and last but by no means least had they not been cheating cnuts who had bribed refs and fixed games they would of been in a title race and wouldn't of been able to rest there entire team. and considering there average age for players is well over 30 and ours is early 20s i think that would of made a diff 2


so to say they beat us fair and square is not really true is it?

please god let us draw them this year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
carlyluvsunited said:
That night Milan beat United 3-0 they would have beaten anyone in Europe - they were bloody brilliant and no excuse will make it better for us !!!

Back 4 injury - other injury blah blah blah ........ we got our butts kicked by a better team simple fact !!!

And Queiroz to be Chelsea manager ????

Why not ???

He has plenty years work with Kenyon - he is friend of him - who would have said Kenyon would leave to join Chelsea ? No one - so who will say say Queiroz wont leave for Chelsea ???

I think this is big possibility for sure.........:p

At full strength, United would beat Milan. United can beat anyone when they want too! If United had had a fully fit defence last season for the second leg of the Milan match we would have kick some Italian ass!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
The timing is perfect for what was an inevitable move, Mourinho joining United. With Carlos Queiroz letting slip that he is 'considering his future' at the end of this year it is no coincidence that Mourinho has now left chelski, he can go and have a nice long holiday and join United as Fergie's number two!
Here he will finish is managerial education and add the final string to his bow "attacking football".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Why are people saying he is a World Class Manager? He proved so far this season that when he doesn't get the money to spend, he is rubbish.

On Sky Sports News, the managers are saying the Premiership will be a sadder place without him. Why? All he ever did was moan and made excuses. I think it's great he has gone as he was so arrogant (in a bad way).

Managers are agreeing that he is "The Special One" because he won 2 Premierships in 3 seasons, and if that is the case, what is Fergie? "The Greatest One"?

When the going got tough and the owners got on his back, he was out the door like a Scouser to the dole queue. The great managers have stayed when under pressure to deliver, and rebuilt great teams over and over, like Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

He won the Championship when both Manchester United and Arsenal had begun a rebuilding phase, settling in the new players, and when United had rebuilt we swooped in and won the Premiership, leaving Chelsea and Moaninho in our dust.

What exactly makes hima great manager? Can somebody please tell me what were his key assets for people to claim he is a world class manager? Here are some that I have though of:

Moaning
Making Excuses
Constant Complaining
Extremely Bad Loser
Spending money
Buying rubbish players
Stupid facial expressions
Boring football
Grey hair
Long coats
Lame jokes
Over-rating his players
Not playing Arjen Robben

Thanks for the memories José, shame I don't have any worth remembering

Lets look at this shall we?

Brown - Best centre back at the club
Fletcher - best player for Scotland who currently top their group ahead of WC finalists France and Italy
O'Shea - Not my favourite player but scores importnat goals and can play awhere on the pitch important squad player.

Not too bad. Now lets look at Mourinho from Chelsea's academy?

Err no one. But if we are counting players he (or a previous manager) bought then:

He's help J Cole become a more rounded player and helped him learn that he had to track back.

He turn Lmapar from adecent midfielder into a player that can no longer play in midfield and can only shoot (though he is a very good goalscorer).

He turn Terry from a promising young centre back into a defender that can't defend and can only attack aerial balls.

He put SWP's England career back by 2 years.

And help put the final nail in Duffs career.

But all these players were bought after they turned 21 (except Terry who was over 21 when Mourinho came in).

Count them and you have to count Rooney, Ferdinand and Hargreaves for Fergie, not to mention both Nevilles are still regulars...

Oh and you can credit Fergie from turning a light weight diving machine Ronaldo into one of the best and fairest players in the world...
 

·
has been served
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
therichone said:
Why are people saying he is a World Class Manager? He proved so far this season that when he doesn't get the money to spend, he is rubbish.

On Sky Sports News, the managers are saying the Premiership will be a sadder place without him. Why? All he ever did was moan and made excuses. I think it's great he has gone as he was so arrogant (in a bad way).

Managers are agreeing that he is "The Special One" because he won 2 Premierships in 3 seasons, and if that is the case, what is Fergie? "The Greatest One"?

When the going got tough and the owners got on his back, he was out the door like a Scouser to the dole queue. The great managers have stayed when under pressure to deliver, and rebuilt great teams over and over, like Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

He won the Championship when both Manchester United and Arsenal had begun a rebuilding phase, settling in the new players, and when United had rebuilt we swooped in and won the Premiership, leaving Chelsea and Moaninho in our dust.

What exactly makes hima great manager? Can somebody please tell me what were his key assets for people to claim he is a world class manager? Here are some that I have though of:

Moaning
Making Excuses
Constant Complaining
Extremely Bad Loser
Spending money
Buying rubbish players
Stupid facial expressions
Boring football
Grey hair
Long coats
Lame jokes
Over-rating his players
Not playing Arjen Robben

Thanks for the memories José, shame I don't have any worth remembering

Lets look at this shall we?

Brown - Best centre back at the club
Fletcher - best player for Scotland who currently top their group ahead of WC finalists France and Italy
O'Shea - Not my favourite player but scores importnat goals and can play awhere on the pitch important squad player.

Not too bad. Now lets look at Mourinho from Chelsea's academy?

Err no one. But if we are counting players he (or a previous manager) bought then:

He's help J Cole become a more rounded player and helped him learn that he had to track back.

He turn Lmapar from adecent midfielder into a player that can no longer play in midfield and can only shoot (though he is a very good goalscorer).

He turn Terry from a promising young centre back into a defender that can't defend and can only attack aerial balls.

He put SWP's England career back by 2 years.

And help put the final nail in Duffs career.

But all these players were bought after they turned 21 (except Terry who was over 21 when Mourinho came in).

Count them and you have to count Rooney, Ferdinand and Hargreaves for Fergie, not to mention both Nevilles are still regulars...

Oh and you can credit Fergie from turning a light weight diving machine Ronaldo into one of the best and fairest players in the world...
EPIC RANT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,853 Posts
therichone said:
Why are people saying he is a World Class Manager? He proved so far this season that when he doesn't get the money to spend, he is rubbish.
He WON the Champions League with PORTO....... if he was rubbish i don't think Porto would of even got past the group stages!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
therichone said:
Why are people saying he is a World Class Manager? He proved so far this season that when he doesn't get the money to spend, he is rubbish.

On Sky Sports News, the managers are saying the Premiership will be a sadder place without him. Why? All he ever did was moan and made excuses. I think it's great he has gone as he was so arrogant (in a bad way).

Managers are agreeing that he is "The Special One" because he won 2 Premierships in 3 seasons, and if that is the case, what is Fergie? "The Greatest One"?

When the going got tough and the owners got on his back, he was out the door like a Scouser to the dole queue. The great managers have stayed when under pressure to deliver, and rebuilt great teams over and over, like Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

He won the Championship when both Manchester United and Arsenal had begun a rebuilding phase, settling in the new players, and when United had rebuilt we swooped in and won the Premiership, leaving Chelsea and Moaninho in our dust.

What exactly makes hima great manager? Can somebody please tell me what were his key assets for people to claim he is a world class manager? Here are some that I have though of:

Moaning
Making Excuses
Constant Complaining
Extremely Bad Loser
Spending money
Buying rubbish players
Stupid facial expressions
Boring football
Grey hair
Long coats
Lame jokes
Over-rating his players
Not playing Arjen Robben

Thanks for the memories José, shame I don't have any worth remembering

Lets look at this shall we?

Brown - Best centre back at the club
Fletcher - best player for Scotland who currently top their group ahead of WC finalists France and Italy
O'Shea - Not my favourite player but scores importnat goals and can play awhere on the pitch important squad player.

Not too bad. Now lets look at Mourinho from Chelsea's academy?

Err no one. But if we are counting players he (or a previous manager) bought then:

He's help J Cole become a more rounded player and helped him learn that he had to track back.

He turn Lmapar from adecent midfielder into a player that can no longer play in midfield and can only shoot (though he is a very good goalscorer).

He turn Terry from a promising young centre back into a defender that can't defend and can only attack aerial balls.

He put SWP's England career back by 2 years.

And help put the final nail in Duffs career.

But all these players were bought after they turned 21 (except Terry who was over 21 when Mourinho came in).

Count them and you have to count Rooney, Ferdinand and Hargreaves for Fergie, not to mention both Nevilles are still regulars...

Oh and you can credit Fergie from turning a light weight diving machine Ronaldo into one of the best and fairest players in the world...

The first line I have highlighted I think you are mixing that up with Arsene Wenger.

The second one - you are spot on.

The third one speaks truth, he has produced no talent of his own and did buy everyone!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
Moaning - everyone moans
Making Excuses - he try to keep team morale up
Constant Complaining - ALL managers complain
Extremely Bad Loser - any sportsman find defeat hard to accept
Spending money - Fergie spend money too
Buying rubbish players - Fergie has too
Stupid facial expressions - agreed, lmao
Boring football - Errrmmm...only boring if you DON'T support Chelski
Grey hair - Distinguished looking - I would consider a date with him. he he he
Long coats - agreed - these coats are a bit rubbish
Lame jokes - he is Portugese and they dont make good jokes
Over-rating his players - most of them are pretty good agreed
Not playing Arjen Robben - pffft...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
carlyluvsunited said:
Moaning - everyone moans
Making Excuses - he try to keep team morale up
Constant Complaining - ALL managers complain
Extremely Bad Loser - any sportsman find defeat hard to accept
Spending money - Fergie spend money too
Buying rubbish players - Fergie has too
Stupid facial expressions - agreed, lmao
Boring football - Errrmmm...only boring if you DON'T support Chelski
Grey hair - Distinguished looking - I would consider a date with him. he he he
Long coats - agreed - these coats are a bit rubbish
Lame jokes - he is Portugese and they dont make good jokes
Over-rating his players - most of them are pretty good agreed
Not playing Arjen Robben - pffft...........
The first one is defiantly not true, some are able to accept defeat.
B - he is old enough to be your dad.
c - Long Coats - Hello! FERGIE!
d - Lame jokes - just because where he is from! Lame excuse more like it!
e - stupid facial expressions - thats just pure ridiculous!
 
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Top