Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Red Devil said:
Is the offside law different in Scotland than England? Eagles was well offside but play was allowed to continue until he actually touched the ball, then the flag went up.

The same happened to Rooney just now, the flag did not go up until Rooney actually touched the ball. It confused the hell out of Rooney!!
No that is the REAL offside rule. The rule has changed in England alot recently, and im not exactly sure about it, but what there using now is the best way imo.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
54 minutes gone now and United still dictating the pace but, as yet, no more goals. As this is a testimonial I can see a penalty being "engineered" late in the game to allow Scott Thompson to score on this, his testimonial! Scholes is playing really well, good news for the coming season.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Penalty. Fletcher brought down when clean through. Rooney converted 3-0

65 mins: Hargreaves comes off - great applause - S Evans coming on. Hargreaves had precautionary ice pack put on his left leg.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
72 mins: Great run from Rooney from his own half, passed to Eagles who set up a red shirt, who completedly scuffed it in front of empty net. Not sure of the goofer!!

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
80 mins: 17 year old Magnus Eikram on for Giggs. Happy Birthday Magnus.

Had a slight chance in the 85th minute but couldn't dig his shot out from Rooney's pass.

4-0 Rooney!!!

Final Score

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
how what happened??
Dunf defender didnt see anyone infront to pass to, so he passed to the player behind him. Unfortunately for him, that player was Wayne Rooney. Everyone in the stadium goes OOOOOOH and the defender turns around and has the "Oh **** Sake" look on his face.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
by the way, who was our man making the decisions this game? SAF at home and Quiroz at the Glentoran match.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It was Mike Phelan on the touchline.

Good for Rooney to get a couple of goals before the season kicks off. I was impressed by Hargreaves - he looked busy, made some great passes and got forward a lot more than I thought he would. He's still lacking a bit of match fitness though.

Giggs was excellent in this game - his touch, movement, runs, dribbling etc were all very good. Hopefully he'll carry that form into the game against Reading

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
We played well, especially as the two games had mixed teams or first teamers and the younger boys! Eagles played well too!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
We played well, especially as the two games had mixed teams or first teamers and the younger boys! Eagles played well too!
Eagles played very well. I have to admit he has surprised me. I thought last season was make or break for him and before the game against Everton at Goodison I thought he'd be on his way out this summer.

He has proved me wrong and his form at the moment is very good. Hopefully, he'll be given his chance to shine in the first team this season.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
reddwarf said:
Eagles played very well. I have to admit he has surprised me. I thought last season was make or break for him and before the game against Everton at Goodison I thought he'd be on his way out this summer.

He has proved me wrong and his form at the moment is very good. Hopefully, he'll be given his chance to shine in the first team this season.
Eagles is class! Im quite tempted to have him on the back of my new shirt.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.