Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd v Inter (2nd August 2007)

Well I have finally bought a ticket to see Manchester United play in their new kit for the first time at Old Trafford and it's also a new for me, being a Manchester United supporter living in Newcastle, it's hard to see my team play.

So I cannot wait to watch Manchester United play at Old Trafford. I have visited Old Trafford many times but this will be my first ever game I've ever watched at Old Trafford, god I'm so excited.

A couple of years ago (2004/2005 season), I was let into St James park to watch the last half hour of Newcastle against Man Utd, but it's not the same and I couldn't celebrate when Man Utd scored because I was standing with the home fans. The stewards thought I was a Newcastle supporter, so they let me in, and at the end of the game I showed my Man Utd Barthez shirt underneath my coat and she laughed and said 'you bastard' but only as a joke.

I'll be sitting in the North West quadrant in row KK, so I cannot wait.

Anyone wants to predict a score? Be my guest.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good, I hope we win, I'd hate to go there for the first time to watch a game and watch my team lose, but the important thing is getting to my seat. lol.

I can't wait to sing all the United songs :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1luv1utd said:
Isn't it on the first.

Anyway very jealous of you, I wish I could go there. It is one of my lifetime ambitions.
Mine too, I've been hassling my family so much about it, because I wanted to go so badly, I've been to Old Trafford 3 times as of now, September 2006, October 2006, March 2007, I took the museum tour in October and in September I could of bought a ticket to see England v Andora, it was the same day I arrived there, but I didn't. It's not the same really is it? I prefer to be wit my own kind, the Manchester United kind lol. :)

Hopefully one day when I decide to live in Manchester, it won't be a problem to see the games.

Just out of curiousity, where do you live 1luv1utd?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Enjoy every minute, when you're in the stadium the time flys by. I remember when I first went they lost to Derby County and Paulo Wanchope scored on his debut, none the less I got to see King Eric!. I'm heading to the liverpool game at OT next year myself.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I intend to enjoy every minute of it. You know, just sitting in the North stand during the museum tour, last year, gave me goose bumps. It was amazing, just being inside, seeing the pitch and the atmosphere.

I love Old Trafford and the passion I have for the club I can express there, during the game.

When I'm walking around in my United jacket, even though I'm not afraid to because I live in Newcastle, I get the occasionally funny stare or comment; "I'd rather be dead than be a red", was one of them.

When I'm walking along Sir Matt Busby way, I feel at home and I can be me and feel proud that I'm in Manchester and walking alongside Old Trafford, you know.

My passion for Manchester United gets bigger and bigger everytime I visit Old Trafford and I watch MUTV regularly and I just want to go back there everytime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Oh I live way in the south...........in Egypt lol although currently I live in Kenya but I am Egyptian. The closest I've ever gotten to Manchester is Frankfurt, Germany. I really want to go!! ):
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
I know how you feel Geordie, I have booked my first trip to see Man U Spurs in OT on Aug 26th, cannot wait, 16 years of supporting a team I could never afford to go and see.....

Hopefully it will be the first of many
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you visit Old Trafford it's so amazing, when I first went there, I could see the East stand and it was like wow, all that glass and the Manchester United text neon in bold red, it felt like I could not believe I was there you know.

When I was there, (the day after the England v Andorra game) I actually sneeked into the South stand through the automatic glass doors and upstairs and I ended up in a function room, with a bar and a great view of the pitch, the cleaning lady was there, it was like 10am in the morning, and she asked me if I worked here and I lied and she said she'd call security, so I apologised and left, I just wanted to see the pitch and stands with my own eyes, and I did.

That was my first glimpse of the inside of Old Trafford. It was amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble but your 23 and live next door to Manchester yet you have never seen them play?

It was not hard at all to get tickets last season and for someone who seems to have so much admiration for the club, i cannot believe you are yet to see Manchester United play.

I am 21 and live in west London, I would love to be in your position living right close to the club i have supported since i was young.

Its my first season with a season ticket next year after 6 years of going with One United, i got my chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
RedArmy said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but your 23 and live next door to Manchester yet you have never seen them play?

It was not hard at all to get tickets last season and for someone who seems to have so much admiration for the club, i cannot believe you are yet to see Manchester United play.

I am 21 and live in west London, I would love to be in your position living right close to the club i have supported since i was young.

Its my first season with a season ticket next year after 6 years of going with One United, i got my chance.
Live right next door to Manchester? He has said he lives in Newcastle, believe me mate that aint right next door. It would probably take him as long to get from Newcastle to Manchester as it would you from West London to Manchester.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bobthebuilder said:
Live right next door to Manchester? He has said he lives in Newcastle, believe me mate that aint right next door. It would probably take him as long to get from Newcastle to Manchester as it would you from West London to Manchester.


There we go, not so far eh? Maybe you should go back to school RedArmy and learn geography again lol. It takes me 3-4 hours to get to Manchester from Newcastle by car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:


There we go, not so far eh? Maybe you should go back to school RedArmy and learn geography again lol. It takes me 3-4 hours to get to Manchester from Newcastle by car.
Bloody geographics of it are impossible. Either A1 down to Leeds and across M62 or across A69 to Carlisle and down M6. Neither way is straightforward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
i think visiting old trafford is a dream i will keep dreamin' about for a bunch of next years since i live in IRAQ...but i hope oneday when i'll be a doctor i wish i could visit it ..but my heart really lies there at the theatre of dreams
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Im going, but only cause my little cousin keeps begging me to take him to a match.

Im not exctied at all, and the atmosphere will be dead.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thomas G said:
Im going, but only cause my little cousin keeps begging me to take him to a match.

Im not exctied at all, and the atmosphere will be dead.
We're going to have to start calling you 'negative nancy'. :)
The atmosphere at Old Trafford will be electric, saying as how they'll be playing for the first time in their new kit at Old Trafford. It's just too bad how the Megastore isn't open on matchdays otherwise I'd buy the new blue goalkeeper kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

We're going to have to start calling you 'negative nancy'. :)
The atmosphere at Old Trafford will be electric, saying as how they'll be playing for the first time in their new kit at Old Trafford. It's just too bad how the Megastore isn't open on matchdays otherwise I'd buy the new blue goalkeeper kit.
The atmosphere will be far from electric. I don't think you watched or attended the game against Seville last season waste of time and money.

You won't catch any of the match going regulars there for the Inter game, it will a load of day trippers.

Buy something from the megastore? yet more money into the hands of the Glazers. :rolleyes: come on mate, get with the script.

Also, the Megastore is always open .. and especially on Matchday how else would Mr Glazer make all his money? from the day trippers.
 
1 - 20 of 184 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top