Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man Utd v Inter (2nd August 2007)

Well I have finally bought a ticket to see Manchester United play in their new kit for the first time at Old Trafford and it's also a new for me, being a Manchester United supporter living in Newcastle, it's hard to see my team play.

So I cannot wait to watch Manchester United play at Old Trafford. I have visited Old Trafford many times but this will be my first ever game I've ever watched at Old Trafford, god I'm so excited.

A couple of years ago (2004/2005 season), I was let into St James park to watch the last half hour of Newcastle against Man Utd, but it's not the same and I couldn't celebrate when Man Utd scored because I was standing with the home fans. The stewards thought I was a Newcastle supporter, so they let me in, and at the end of the game I showed my Man Utd Barthez shirt underneath my coat and she laughed and said 'you bastard' but only as a joke.

I'll be sitting in the North West quadrant in row KK, so I cannot wait.

Anyone wants to predict a score? Be my guest.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good, I hope we win, I'd hate to go there for the first time to watch a game and watch my team lose, but the important thing is getting to my seat. lol.

I can't wait to sing all the United songs :)

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1luv1utd said:
Isn't it on the first.

Anyway very jealous of you, I wish I could go there. It is one of my lifetime ambitions.
Mine too, I've been hassling my family so much about it, because I wanted to go so badly, I've been to Old Trafford 3 times as of now, September 2006, October 2006, March 2007, I took the museum tour in October and in September I could of bought a ticket to see England v Andora, it was the same day I arrived there, but I didn't. It's not the same really is it? I prefer to be wit my own kind, the Manchester United kind lol. :)

Hopefully one day when I decide to live in Manchester, it won't be a problem to see the games.

Just out of curiousity, where do you live 1luv1utd?

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I intend to enjoy every minute of it. You know, just sitting in the North stand during the museum tour, last year, gave me goose bumps. It was amazing, just being inside, seeing the pitch and the atmosphere.

I love Old Trafford and the passion I have for the club I can express there, during the game.

When I'm walking around in my United jacket, even though I'm not afraid to because I live in Newcastle, I get the occasionally funny stare or comment; "I'd rather be dead than be a red", was one of them.

When I'm walking along Sir Matt Busby way, I feel at home and I can be me and feel proud that I'm in Manchester and walking alongside Old Trafford, you know.

My passion for Manchester United gets bigger and bigger everytime I visit Old Trafford and I watch MUTV regularly and I just want to go back there everytime.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you visit Old Trafford it's so amazing, when I first went there, I could see the East stand and it was like wow, all that glass and the Manchester United text neon in bold red, it felt like I could not believe I was there you know.

When I was there, (the day after the England v Andorra game) I actually sneeked into the South stand through the automatic glass doors and upstairs and I ended up in a function room, with a bar and a great view of the pitch, the cleaning lady was there, it was like 10am in the morning, and she asked me if I worked here and I lied and she said she'd call security, so I apologised and left, I just wanted to see the pitch and stands with my own eyes, and I did.

That was my first glimpse of the inside of Old Trafford. It was amazing.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bobthebuilder said:
Live right next door to Manchester? He has said he lives in Newcastle, believe me mate that aint right next door. It would probably take him as long to get from Newcastle to Manchester as it would you from West London to Manchester.

There we go, not so far eh? Maybe you should go back to school RedArmy and learn geography again lol. It takes me 3-4 hours to get to Manchester from Newcastle by car.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thomas G said:
Im going, but only cause my little cousin keeps begging me to take him to a match.

Im not exctied at all, and the atmosphere will be dead.
We're going to have to start calling you 'negative nancy'. :)
The atmosphere at Old Trafford will be electric, saying as how they'll be playing for the first time in their new kit at Old Trafford. It's just too bad how the Megastore isn't open on matchdays otherwise I'd buy the new blue goalkeeper kit.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
RedArmy said:
The atmosphere will be far from electric. I don't think you watched or attended the game against Seville last season waste of time and money.

You won't catch any of the match going regulars there for the Inter game, it will a load of day trippers.

Buy something from the megastore? yet more money into the hands of the Glazers. :rolleyes: come on mate, get with the script.

Also, the Megastore is always open .. and especially on Matchday how else would Mr Glazer make all his money? from the day trippers.
Hey negative nancy, people said, once the Glazers took over that the fans would burn their season tickets and never attend Old Trafford matches ever again, but yet the matches are sold out every game in the season. People said that the Glazers would ruin the club but they haven't, we still managed success and the Glazers have just sat back and haven't interfered.

We love the club for what it is, not by who owns it. I couldn't care less if a chimpanzee was the owner of the club, aslong as the club still maintains their position as a dominent force in the Premier League.

The money from the Megastore doesn't all go to the Glazers, they go towards the staff, the sponsorship, the stewards, the cleaning ladies, the manager at the club etc. and helps keep the ticket prices from going up, and also helps towards the clubs infrastructure. It's not all doom and gloom at United you know.

People who cannot afford or get tickets because of the hogging season ticket holders will get the chance to watch their club, the regulars hog all the tickets, so that people like me cannot attend matches. I cannot even get an away ticket at St James Park to go and see Manchester United play Newcastle because the season ticket hoggers take them all.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thomas G said:
Who the **** are you to call us Season ticket holders hoggers?! I payed over a grand last season just to watch the team play.
It pisses me of when Manchester United supporters who do not live in Manchester cannot get the chance to see their team play, especially when I'm trying to get a ticket to see my team play at the nearest stadium I live next to, in this case, St James' Park, and when I phone up the ticket office to get a ticket to watch them "oh sorry mate, it's sold out, all the season ticket holders have taken all the seats".

Do they even consider the fact that there might be other supporters around the country who want to see Manchester United play? No, they hog all the away tickets.
When I go up to the stadium personally to ask if I can buy their away ticket from them, I get the same answer, "no sorry mate".

I can understand why they say that because they've travelled up to Newcastle from Manchester to watch the game but they've probably seen United play over a dozen times, during the season and they can't even give anyone who hasn't seen them play a chance.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
unitedred said:
It's his first chance to go to Old Trafford mate, give the lad a break.
Thanks, people don't realise how they take things for granted, people in Manchester get to go to Old Trafford at any home match, any day.

I actually appreciate the fact I'm going to Old Trafford to see a game, it's hard enough not being able to see my team play at their homeground on a regular basis, I cannot even get to see Manchester United play Newcastle at St James Park because all the season ticket holders have hogged the away seats.

When I did get to watch the last half an hour of the Newcastle v Man Utd (2004/2005 season), because the Steward had seen me pacing around outside the stadium, at St James Park, I saw Manchester United score two goals, and I couldn't celebrate because I was in the home stand, and watching the players celebrate to the away fans, hurt me alot. I wanted to be in the away end and celebrate my team winning.

People who admire, love and support the club from a far, don't even get the chance to see United play, far away supporters like don't always get the chance.

I'm excited because I get to see my team play for the first time at the Theatre of Dreams. People take things for granted but those who never get the chance to, appreciate it more and don't take it for granted.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I thought I'd never see the day where I'd be arguing with a fellow United fan. Well there are solutions to this:-

1. Expand the stadium futher to allow non season ticket holders the chance to watch Premiership games at Old Trafford. The tickets will be available only to the public and not to any Manchester United membership or season ticket holders.

2. Expand the away section at St James's Park, and half the tickets, will go on sale to the United public and to non United membership or season ticket holders, so that fans like me, who live in Newcastle but support and love Manchester United can watch their team play locally.

'Keano's Fan' you do have a point, I'm just angry because I cannot even see my own team play at Newcastle, it just infuriates me because I live in Newcastle and yet I cannot even see my own team play because the season ticket holders have taken them.

If you ever come to St James's Park and you see someone offering money for your away ticket, think of others and not just yourself.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Keano's fan said:
1) The stadium can't be expanded at the moment. And non season ticket holders CAN attend matches you just have to be a one United member it'll cost you less than 30 pounds! Or you can apply for a season ticket yourself.

2) That won't happen. You can't ask Newcastle to allocate more tickets for the away team and whats the point from the whole season ticket holding then ?
So even if I am a member, I can still apply for the Newcastle away games? It's just that when I rung up the Manchester United ticket office, they told me that all away tickets are offered to the season tickets holders first.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Keano's fan said:
Away tickets are offered to season ticket holders first. If you have the money and some spare time you can apply for a season ticket. Away games are the toughest to get in, I've only been to three. But if you're a season ticket holder that gives you a good chance to attend most of them.
:(///////////////////////////////////////////////////

Do you realise how expensive season tickets are? I could probably buy a car with that kind of money, or a second-hand car at that.

Red Devil said:
Try that again, this time in English. Thats just illiterate
It's chav speak, I get it all the time in Newcastle, full of chavs (or charvas as they say it here). lol.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
All in all, I really enjoyed watching the game and being around the supporters and looking around the 73,000 people that came to the friendly.
I was singing all the songs and hooting my party horn which I bought outside the ground.

I'll never forget it, and I got to see my idol Van der Sar play, and it was great watching Ronaldo with all his tricks. I could go back again and again. It was amazing seeing Ryan Giggs in person, whenever he came to the corner flag, which I was sitting right next to.

It's alot different and better to watching it on TV.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
I didn't really care that we lost because it was only a friendly, and being there was the most important thing to me. Was anyone sitting in the North Western stand lower tier, you might of seen me in my green United shirt with a Premiership winners medal around my neck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.