Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 184 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I thought I'd never see the day where I'd be arguing with a fellow United fan. Well there are solutions to this:-

1. Expand the stadium futher to allow non season ticket holders the chance to watch Premiership games at Old Trafford. The tickets will be available only to the public and not to any Manchester United membership or season ticket holders.

2. Expand the away section at St James's Park, and half the tickets, will go on sale to the United public and to non United membership or season ticket holders, so that fans like me, who live in Newcastle but support and love Manchester United can watch their team play locally.

'Keano's Fan' you do have a point, I'm just angry because I cannot even see my own team play at Newcastle, it just infuriates me because I live in Newcastle and yet I cannot even see my own team play because the season ticket holders have taken them.

If you ever come to St James's Park and you see someone offering money for your away ticket, think of others and not just yourself.

·
Registered
406 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:
I thought I'd never see the day where I'd be arguing with a fellow United fan. Well there are solutions to this:-

1. Expand the stadium futher to allow non season ticket holders the chance to watch Premiership games at Old Trafford. The tickets will be available only to the public and not to any Manchester United membership or season ticket holders.

2. Expand the away section at St James's Park, and half the tickets, will go on sale to the public and to non United membership or season ticket holders, so that fans like me, who live in Newcastle but support and love Manchester United can watch their team play locally.
1) The stadium can't be expanded at the moment. And non season ticket holders CAN attend matches you just have to be a one United member it'll cost you less than 30 pounds! Or you can apply for a season ticket yourself.

2) That won't happen. You can't ask Newcastle to allocate more tickets for the away team and whats the point from the whole season ticket holding then ?

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Keano's fan said:
1) The stadium can't be expanded at the moment. And non season ticket holders CAN attend matches you just have to be a one United member it'll cost you less than 30 pounds! Or you can apply for a season ticket yourself.

2) That won't happen. You can't ask Newcastle to allocate more tickets for the away team and whats the point from the whole season ticket holding then ?
So even if I am a member, I can still apply for the Newcastle away games? It's just that when I rung up the Manchester United ticket office, they told me that all away tickets are offered to the season tickets holders first.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Away tickets are offered to season ticket holders first. If you have the money and some spare time you can apply for a season ticket. Away games are the toughest to get in, I've only been to three. But if you're a season ticket holder that gives you a good chance to attend most of them.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Take_Me_Home_United_Road said:
i will b at dis match n cnt wait

now for all those sayin it guna be dead atmosphere n a shit match, u lot couldnt b more wrong, dis match is champions vs champions

i reckon both teams will go all out to show each other n all the others in the champions leauge dis season dat dey are going 2 b serious contenders
Try that again, this time in English. Thats just illiterate

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Keano's fan said:
Away tickets are offered to season ticket holders first. If you have the money and some spare time you can apply for a season ticket. Away games are the toughest to get in, I've only been to three. But if you're a season ticket holder that gives you a good chance to attend most of them.
:(///////////////////////////////////////////////////

Do you realise how expensive season tickets are? I could probably buy a car with that kind of money, or a second-hand car at that.

Red Devil said:
Try that again, this time in English. Thats just illiterate
It's chav speak, I get it all the time in Newcastle, full of chavs (or charvas as they say it here). lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Away tickets go to the hardcore contingent at thats the way it should stay. Stop moaning, its simple if you can afford a season ticket than get one if not than don't complain at not being able to see United in Newcastle.

Again, One United you can get to at least 5 games a season even from Newcastle.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Thomas G said:
It's sad that you're getting so excited. Try going to a euro away, then you'll feel what excitement is all about.
cant wait till im older...im gona try and get away tickets for the Champions League.......well for any away game. Atmosphere is always decent when away......for example if i go to an Aberdeen match at Pittodrie the atmosphere 90% of the time = shite but at away games the atmosphere is bangin'

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've only been to 2 away games and on both occasions I was sat with the home fans (I was a bit nervy at Goodison Park - an absolute dump BTW)

If the stewards see you in a United shirt or you cheer United's goals then there is a good chance you'll get thrown out but can't you apply for tickets in the home end and keep quiet as we bang in goal after goal? :)

One United membership costs less than £30 and entitles you to apply for tickets to every home game and, if the game is sold out, to buy tickets off season ticket holders through Viagogo who cannot attend a home game for whatever reason. You also get free entry to reserve games and a membership pack with United yearbook, DVD card and a couple of free gifts (it was a pen and a keyring this year).

Newcastle is further away than I am from Manchester but it takes me about 2 hours to get to Old Trafford from my house. It's well worth the trip and I try to go to at least 1 game per month.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
What does everyone reckon the score will be, and who to score for united
Me: 4-1 or 4-2 to United, rooney (2), ronaldo and giggsy, ibrahimovic and crespo if they play for inter!

61 - 80 of 184 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.