Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match vs Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Least popular Moderator
26,061 Posts
It's gonna be good tonight. We've had so many great nights against Juventus so anytime we play them its always gonna be special, Pre-season game or not. Hopefully we get them in the CL.

Anyway this is the team I want to face Juventus:

--------------------------VDS-----------------------------

--Neville--------Rio-----------Brown-----------Silvestre--

--Nani----------Flecther-----Scholes----------Evra--

------------------Tevez------Campbell-------------------

----------
Rio and Brown need games, Vidic has played a lot in Africa and Nigeria so he can miss this one and play vs Pompey. I also thought Silvestre looked off the pace vs Pompey so he needs games.

Hopefully Giggs actually plays on the left tonight instead of playing through the middle with Fletcher out wide.

I'd tell Tevez to rest a bit aswell, he's played in just about every pre-season game so I don't want to get knackered before the season starts.
----------

Then at half time I hope we make some changes and this becomes our team:

---------------------------VDS--------------------------

--Rafael----------Rio-------------Brown-----------Fabio--

------------Rodrigo----Scholes----Fletcher----------

--Nani-------------------------------------------------Giggs--

------------------------Campbell----------------------

--------
I would like to see Fabio and Rafael play in this as its most likely the last chance we get to see of them against quality opposition this season, and Rafael in particular I think has earned the opportunity to play in this match.

Take Neville off as he's just had a minor injury and he can play the full 90 vs Pompey, same with Evra, Silvestre and Tevez.

Rodrigo - scholes could be really interesting to see as I see a lot of Carrick in Rodrigo and lets face it, there's not better midfielder to learn from than Scholes.

I'd be tempted to chance Gibso and Fletcher at half time though.
-------

:)

26,061 Posts
Zense_United said:
how come evra is not on the list, i really want him to be there too... vida too, i too everyone who's on final UCL to be there and shows the cup!
I'm not sure if your talking to me but just incase you are:

Lol I completely forgot about Evra. I was going to put him in originally (I read JD's post in another thread and thought about evra on the left). Not sure why I forgot lol.

anyway I've edited it to how I meant to put it originally :)

I think Brown and Rio looked a bit off the pace vs Peterborough so I think they need this game. Vidic can play the full 90 vs Pompey. The whole squad can still celebrate the double without playing though.

26,061 Posts
Keano! said:
"..is brought down, Cole will finish it off.....FULL SPEED AHEAD BARCELONA...." :rolleyes: memories!
Off topic I know but Clive tyldsley's commentating in 99 is legendary. when ever you think of the 99 matches you can hear him saying all those sentences.

"In towards KEANE!!... Roy Keane with a captain's goal for Manchester United!... Game On!!"

"In towards YORK! its 2-2!"

ect:D

The commentating in the final was even better! lol

26,061 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
2 strong teams in defence so there were never going to be many goals.
The game was competitive enough but our lack of a striker was evident.
Tevez and Giggs kept dropping deep.

VDS- looked sharp but wasnt that busy 7

Brown- usual solid game. Played a half 7
Rio- Played a great game. Solid and fast 8
Vidic- Got stuck in. Always gets a kick in the head 8
Evra- Usual self rampaging up the left 7

Fletch- Wasnt too bad. Got about 6
O'Shea- Impressive first half. Got forward well 7
Scholes- 4 uncharacteristic bad passes. Good pre season tho 6
Martin- Got about well but doesnt look the real deal 6

Tevez- usual dogged self. Looked creative but got no support 7
Giggs- Few nice touches but also a few bad passes 6

Subs:
Rafael- Lmao. This kid was amazing. Confidence, got into scoring positions,
tackles, great cross. This kid definitely looks the real deal. Bright future and
might even play some games this season. He looks very exciting going forward. 9
Gibson- worked hard-Doesnt cut it for me though 6
Silvestre- bit rusty coming on but did ok up the left 6
Frazier-Showed his pace but can he make it? I have my doubts 6
Evans- looks a class act. Bulked up a bit too. 6
Rodrigo- comfortable and classy 7

Positives-Rafael, Rodrigo, defence, nice for the fans to see the trophies.

Negatives-Lack of a proper centre forward is evident and worrying.

Yeh I'd go along with that, although I though O'shea was poor. Scholes really had to control the tempo on his own as O'shea really isn't a CM.

I think Giggs really needs to go back to the left. I know he hasn't got the legs to go up and down but I think he decent at best as a second striker. All those flicks were annoying aswell, although I guess if they came off then I'd be here praising him.

Rodrigo I thought was very good. He will be overshadowed by Rafael unfortunately but I thought he looked very good with the ball and he has bulked up a fair bit. IMO he is incredibly similar to Carrick in terms of style, except he is more mobile. If he can improve his positioning then I think he has a genuine chance of being good enough for a starting place in a few years.

Rafael...:eek: what more can I say except he's quickly becoming 1 of my faviorite players - and this after only 1 1/2 games! He's fast as hell, great going forward and unlike most Brazillian defenders he can actually defend! For only his second match in over a year I thought he was exceptional. I was funny when he went 'Anderson style' and had the ball in corner and was holding off two players twice his size lol, and Fabio is supposed to be the better of the two!:eek: good times ahead I think! :D

btw, in future do you think it would be a good idea to have a match ratings thread like other forums do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.