Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match vs Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre Season: Manchester United v Juventus

9K views 127 replies 27 participants last post by  wahmeiman 
#1 ·
Wednesday 6 August at Old Trafford

Don't miss this one-off opportunity to see the team with both trophies.

17:00 - Stadium opens; Man United Premier Cup '08 final (see link below)
18:00 - 18:30 Video of last season's success to be shown on big screens
18:30 - 19:00 Players walk out with the trophies, for photos at all four stands

The above times are approximate.

20:00 - United v Juventus kicks off

Form:Game live on this link from 7.10 pm GMT:.

> http://www.justin.tv/shulton_online

Previous meeting:
25-02-2003 Juventus 0-3 Manchester United (15' 0-1 Giggs, 41' 0-2 Giggs, 63' 0-3 Ruud) Champions League

Man. Utd: W W W W W
Juventus: L W W D W

Odds (4/8/2008)
Man. Utd: 1.80
Draw: 3.30
Juventus: 4.00

Managers:
Man. Utd: Sir Alex Ferguson
Juventus: Claudio Ranieri

Latest news:
Fergie said Rooney (virus), Carrick (virus) and Hargreaves (injury) are still out, the team will be the same as tonight, though with the addition of Scholes, Giggs and Neville - according to Fergie after the game tonight.

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta ready for United!!

After scoring once against Brondby, twice against Borussia Dortmund and grabbing another against Internazionale, the 28-year-old no.9 hopes to score the goals that will meet Juve's expectations this season.

"I feel very good, fortunately my injuries are in the past now and I hope I can get to the qualifying round 100% fit.

"We're all doing very well up front, we're still in the preparation phase, but all four of us will be on good form when it counts. Tonight we had more confirmation that we can challenge any team."

:) :) :) :)

See less See more
#55 ·
A bright start by United but Juve have come more into it as the 1st half went on.

I was surprised to see O'Shea well forward early on with a chance to score. Tevez has been as industrious as ever and, I too, would like to see him partnered with Campbell in the 2nd half.

Good idea by andersons_left_foot to move Giggs out left to accomodate that change. Tbh, I'd like to see Martin stay on though and either bring Fletcher off or move him into the middle and bring O'Shea off.

With Nani suspended, Ronaldo injured and Park not available I'd like to see Martin given as much game time to prove himslef as possible.

#56 ·
Brock, I thought Scholes was playing well. Spraying passes all over. Fletcher has been a pro and a con. Both he and Martin need to stay out wide a little more, they both keep cutting in and clogging up the middle, especially with Tevez dropping so far back. But Fletch has been working great.

#59 ·
Cappy said:
Brock, I thought Scholes was playing well. Spraying passes all over. Fletcher has been a pro and a con. Both he and Martin need to stay out wide a little more, they both keep cutting in and clogging up the middle, especially with Tevez dropping so far back. But Fletch has been working great.
Scholes started well but then made 3 bad passes which is very unlike the great man. I hope the young lads get a run out. 2 solid defences so goals will be few
and far between. It was funny seeing 3 Brazilians warming up lol
We should sign that Brazilian team that came on at half time who won beat
off 8000 teams or so in the World to play at OT.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.