Vidic
Scholes
O'Shea
Fletcher
Simpson

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just got a few beers in, ready to relax and watch this one now :). Hope we play better than against the Kaiser Chiefs and just avoid any injuries.

Hoping Wes has a stormer as well. Would love to see him play well after the week he's had.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
22/07/2008 19:02, Report by Nick Coppack in Durban, South Africa

Brown to face Pirates

Wes Brown will start in tonight’s Vodacom Challenge encounter with the Orlando Pirates, before flying home to Manchester on Wednesday following the death of his half sister on the weekend.

Sir Alex will also hand starts to youngsters Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson and Lee Martin, while goalkeeper Ben Foster will make his first appearance in United colours since March.

Chris Eagles, United’s scorer in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Kaizer Chiefs, is rewarded with another start, and Fraizer Campbell will partner Carlos Tevez up front.

Sir Alex had already indicated Rio Ferdinand would play after the England defender was forced out of Saturday's clash after suffering a back spasm just before kick-off.

"He’s missed two games now and he’ll want to get back into the action," the boss told reporters at Monday's press conference.

"I think it’s important that he starts.”

The last time the Reds met the Pirates, back in the 2006 Vodacom Challenge, United ran out comfortable 4-0 winners.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
According to the press, Wes was already on his way home? Why hold on to him at this time to play a meaningless game thousands of miles away???

Match is under way and 2 minutes gone and we have not scored - yet ;)

Wes Brown is playing. Foster in goal. Also Eagles,

Orlando in red, United in white.

Wes Brown will start in tonight’s Vodacom Challenge encounter with the Orlando Pirates, before flying home to Manchester on Wednesday following the death of his half sister on the weekend. Sir Alex will also hand starts to youngsters Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson and Lee Martin, while goalkeeper Ben Foster will make his first appearance in United colours since March. Chris Eagles, United’s scorer in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Kaizer Chiefs, is rewarded with another start, and Fraizer Campbell will partner Carlos Tevez up front.

Sir Alex had already indicated Rio Ferdinand would play after the England defender was forced out of Saturday's clash after suffering a back spasm just before kick-off.

"He’s missed two games now and he’ll want to get back into the action," the boss told reporters at Monday's press conference. "I think it’s important that he starts.”

The last time the Reds met the Pirates, back in the 2006 Vodacom Challenge, United ran out comfortable 4-0 winners.

www.manutd.com

Lee Martin 1-0

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Opening of the game and its a matter of time before we score, TBH.

Tevez with the best chance so far but the keeper tocuhed it around the post...

...good start

41 - 60 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.