Manchester United Talk banner

Premier League And League Cup. HAPPY?

1K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  Because I'm DC 
#1 ·
so lets say we end the season with just the league cup and the prem

would we we happy?

i would cause the prem is the one to win it proves you really are the best over the season, plus leveling it up with liverppol 18 all:first:

but because everyone is talking about us winning the lot maby just the 2 trophys would be a tiny dissapoint

but our chances of winning the lot must be good now, we can save key players for big cup games because the prem is just about ours now

:groupwave reversed::groupwave reversed::groupwave reversed::groupwave reversed:

#3 ·
At the start of the season Id have bitten your left nut off to get the Prem and Carling double,
but now Ill be greedy and want more. The Carling Cup has been won and the Premiership should
really be a formality at his stage. Id be disappointed if we didnt win either the FA cup or the CL.

#5 ·
I think that getting that 18th title is really satisfying, it will certainly shut up the scouse scum. But, I want more now lol Prem, League Cup and CL. What the hell, I'll take the F.A. Cup too!

For now, let's just take every game as it comes and see how it goes.

#7 ·
All this talk of "Quintuples/Quadruples" has made it almost impossible for United to succeed this season. The media have built the team up and it will be they and rival fans who knock us down if we don't end up winning everything. Personally, all I want this year (and any year) is the League title...anything else is a huge bonus. I grew up supporting Utd in a decade which saw us win 2 FA Cups and nothing else...all trophies are to be cherished..you never know how long you might have to wait for another one...(Ask City & Geordies)

#8 ·
no not with nani still in our squad:mad::p

no but tbf if you had asked me at the start of the season would i have took only the prem ya i would have but now that the season is going i expect at least to win both the fa cup and prem too and get the quidtiple :eek::) great time to be a united fan eh :D

#9 ·
At the beginning of the season, nope. Because I didn't see much of a challenge coming from Liverpool or Arsenal, and thought Chelsea would be our stiffest challenge, it seemed like a coin flip to me between us. However seeing Chelsea go through yet another manager, could you imagine what we would feel like if we weren't in first at this point? I am not trying to slate where we are right now especially with all the injuries we have had, but that is why we have as big of squad as we do. That also leads to the success in the FA and Carling.

I would be satisfied with the two, but not happy. Sorry, I had high expectations for this squad and year, just being honest.

I would be happy and think it was an extremely successful campaign if we grab the FA as well.

I would be ecstatic with the CL as well with or without the FA Cup.

At this point in the season though, I absolutely think we can get one of those two with everyone coming back to health it seems. Our defense still has couple injuries, but how many clean sheets have they had in the past month?

#11 ·
yeah, for sure.
the premier league is the bread and butter. it's the long, 38 game slog. the champions league has something of a glamour about it, which makes it nice, but at the end of the day, if you can't win your own country's league then can you really claim to be the best team in europe over 13 games? you can get good teams having a bit of luck over 13, but nobody flukes 9 months do they? without doubt if we don't manage to win the lot, there will be a twinge of sadness when you "look at what you could have won." (feel free to insert a jim bowen joke) i still just think what could have been if we hadn't got knocked out the fa cup last year. but give me the league every year and i'd bite your hand off.

#18 ·
Winnig the EPL will be magnificent - 3 years on the trot has only been done previously 4 times.... the
League Cup is a real bonus..... The really difficult one is the UCL - I mean, we'll have done well to get past Inter, as defending UCL champions normally depart at the 1st knockout round.....if we get through, it is likely we'll face any of our EPL competition or the likes of Barca and Bayern, which will be hard battle over two legs....so that would be nirvana if we could win the UCL again...

As for the FA Cup , Fulham have a tremendous home record this season and they are pretty safe from any relegation issue , so could be a tough one........

#19 ·
Equalling the Scousers record of 18 league titles is the be all and end all this season. Nothing else matters to me. I'd love it if Liverpool finished 2nd in the league, just to really rub their noses in it.

It would, of course, be fantastic if we became the first side to retain the Champions League in its current format but as long as Liverpool don't win it I would still be a happy man at the end of the season.

At the start of the season I tipped us to win the FA Cup. It's been a while since we won it and I know players like Rooney who have never won it would love to add it to their collection. I think it will be very tough to win it this season. Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton are likely to be fellow semi-finalists if we beat Fulham and, frankly, all 4 teams would be capable of winning it.

#25 ·
for me the prem is the most important because it is the one where you have to work week in and week out for 9 months so i would be happy to 'just' win it and carling cup. champions league of course would be unbelivable to win and fa cup to, but the prem and carling would be fine for me.

#26 ·
At the start of the season, yes that would have satisfied me. But now, now we have this chance of glory on three more fronts, no i wouldn't.

What the squad have to do now is forget they've won anything this season, just act like they're going for the treble again.

For the first time I'm starting to believe we can do the lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.