Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Why would it? Italian teams dominated Europe in the 90's and nobody batted an eyelid. Now that English teams are doing it we're killing the game.

Because in the main tournament (CH. League) only one team took part at that time:
so that, the domination wasn't so impressive

In facts, between 92 and 98, italian teams reached the Final for 7 consecutive years, but they won only twice the Cup (Milan in 94 and JUVE in 96)........ in a decisive game, everything may happen, indeed
If there had been another italian team, the Cup would have remained in Italy for sure.....like it's happening right now for english teams

England or not England, I think some values should be more considered in the sport:
-less debts
-less foreign players
-not trade of young players
-get on 6+5 rule

I have always supported this theory since 90s:
nobody will be damaged....it's just question to rewrite rules

· Least popular Moderator
26,061 Posts
Because in the main tournament (CH. League) only one team took part at that time:
so that, the domination wasn't so impressive

In facts, between 92 and 98, italian teams reached the Final for 7 consecutive years, but they won only twice the Cup (Milan in 94 and JUVE in 96)........ in a decisive game, everything may happen, indeed
If there had been another italian team, the Cup would have remained in Italy for sure.....like it's happening right now for english teams

England or not England, I think some values should be more considered in the sport:
-less debts
-less foreign players
-not trade of young players
-get on 6+5 rule

I have always supported this theory since 90s:
nobody will be damaged....it's just question to rewrite rules

99% of Italian clubs have big debts. There are a few English teams who do, but they are very high.

The foreign thing is overated. Its actually quite close. Its just our foreigners are better than yours.

and, without meaning to sound to insulting, I don't see how you can bring up 'values' when English teams have never never been found match fixing.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
99% of Italian clubs have big debts. There are a few English teams who do, but they are very high.

The foreign thing is overated. Its actually quite close. Its just our foreigners are better than yours.

and, without meaning to sound to insulting, I don't see how you can bring up 'values' when English teams have never never been found match fixing.

You put the question as a contrapposition between Italy and England
That was not my meaning at all

I specified: "I say this since 90s"

I hate huge debts...... You're right: 99% of italian teams have.
The highest is Inter's, the second's Ac Milan
JUVE are the only one top team in the world with positive balance: +30 mln euros this year.
And it has always been like that. Proud of that

But I don't say this because these facts:
it's normal to appreciate economic balance instead of a waste of money​

About fixed matches, don't generalize.
Talk to Ac Milan, Lazio, and Fiorentina supporters:
they were the only clubs found guilty of that in Italy

· GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,947 Posts
i think it been clear for a while its the most dominant alright! strange how WAFA cup aint dominated by its english entrants tho...
Cos they all put weaker teams out to 'rest' players for the league games on w/end.
Which really annoys me, why cant they keep the momentum goin. Perfect example O'Neil and villa....they were rolling i really thought highly about them, a great bunch of english talent in there. They get knocked by VAGNER LOVE and they drop points all over the place. Was dissapointed there...and 'arry is just a jerk! i Wont start there

· Banned
12,978 Posts
I hate everyone giving out about theres so many foreigners in the PL. What about Inter. They have 1 Italian and a few years ago they fielded a team entirely of South Americans
Inter are the only team that do so.

If you look at the other big teams their cores
are all Italian.

Milan (Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi)
Juve (Del Piero, Chiellini, Giovinco, Buffon)
Roma (Totti, Aquilani, De Rossi, Perrotta)

Then again, with Materazzi coming back,
Balotelli being Italian and Davide Santon
I guess that's three Italians.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
It's a long established fact that Juve fixes games.
Not for nothing Juventus is nicknamed Rubentus.
It's not established at all... where did you get the news ??
NOT A SINGLE MATCH was fixed...and everybody knows it

About your nick, are you south american too ??
It's said by people not able to speak a good italian, for who JUVENTUS is a too difficult word to speak
try again...you'll learn
If not, take some lesson

Inter are the only team that do so.
Juve (Del Piero, Chiellini, Giovinco, Buffon)

Go on .... don't mind....:
Legrottaglie, Molinaro, Zanetti, Camoranesi, Marchionni, Marchisio, Iaquinta, De Ceglie, Ariaudo

with Amauri probably becoming

· Banned
12,978 Posts
It's not established at all... where did you get the news ??
NOT A SINGLE MATCH was fixed...and everybody knows it

About your nick, are you south american too ??
It's said by people not able to speak a good italian, for who JUVENTUS is a too difficult word to speak

try again...you'll learn
If not, take some lesson
Veramente "Rubentus" viene dal verbo "rubare".

· Banned
12,978 Posts
I think you're very much deluded.

Leave your house, go to a bar
and say "la Juve non ha mai rubato
niente". If you return home you're
a lucky man.

And I was stating the CORE Italian
players at Juventus, key word: CORE.

Iaquinta and Legrottaglie are not core.

And I don't watch Mediaset when in Italy,
the only Italian TV I watch in AnnoZero.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
I think you're very much deluded.

And I was stating the CORE Italian
players at Juventus, key word: CORE.

Iaquinta and Legrottaglie are not core.

And I don't watch Mediaset when in Italy,
the only Italian TV I watch in AnnoZero.
Legrottaglie is not a core player ???.... He's simply the director of the defence
And Molinaro, Zanetti, Camoranesi, Iaquinta ??..
And what about the often starters Marchisio, Marchionni, and also De Ceglie and now Ariaudo ??

Let's stop, anyway .... OT

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.