Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· The Mexican Boy George
8,094 Posts
I hate everyone giving out about theres so many foreigners in the PL. What about Inter. They have 1 Italian and a few years ago they fielded a team entirely of South Americans
while I agree about the whole inter rant you have to look at the fact that the gap of italian talent vs english talent is so wide in favor of the italians. there is just so little talent in england atm that teams have to go out and bring players from abroad.

· I aim to Misbehave
6,405 Posts
while I agree about the whole inter rant you have to look at the fact that the gap of italian talent vs english talent is so wide in favor of the italians. there is just so little talent in england atm that teams have to go out and bring players from abroad.
That's true of pretty much every european league. Not to mention that it's cheaper in many regards to buy a player than to bring him from scratch.

· The Mexican Boy George
8,094 Posts
That's true of pretty much every european league. Not to mention that it's cheaper in many regards to buy a player than to bring him from scratch.
yeah but you still see more talent homegrown talent in lets say italy or spain or even france than you do in england by miles. I read an article earlier which is pretty true when you think about it. They ask Harry redknapp what he thinks about aston villas policy of building a team with a strong backbone of young english talent, he firmly stated that he loved what oneill was doing but frankly there just isn't enough young talent in england to really feed off, personally I agree with his statement I just dont feel there is that growth in England's young players atm.

· I aim to Misbehave
6,405 Posts
yeah but you still see more talent homegrown talent in lets say italy or spain or even france than you do in england by miles. I read an article earlier which is pretty true when you think about it. They ask Harry redknapp what he thinks about aston villas policy of building a team with a strong backbone of young english talent, he firmly stated that he loved what oneill was doing but frankly there just isn't enough young talent in england to really feed off, personally I agree with his statement I just dont feel there is that growth in England's young players atm.
Well, if the 6+5 rule comes into effect, many clubs will have to change that view

· Banned
12,978 Posts
Legrottaglie is not a core player ???.... He's simply the director of the defence
And Molinaro, Zanetti, Camoranesi, Iaquinta ??..
And what about the often starters Marchisio, Marchionni, and also De Ceglie and now Ariaudo ??

Let's stop, anyway .... OT
CORE. CORE PLAYERS. Often starters
are not CORE players, Camoranesi plays
for Italy but he's Argentinian. Remember,
CORE.

· Registered
3,218 Posts
i think it been clear for a while its the most dominant alright! strange how WAFA cup aint dominated by its english entrants tho...
Because the Premier League is the strongest league in the world and there is less difference in quality between the top teams and the bottom teams than in other leagues.

English teams playing in the UEFA Cup are far more concerned about qualifying again next season than the actual cup itself. e.g. Aston Villa.

· The Mexican Boy George
8,094 Posts
Because the Premier League is the strongest league in the world and there is less difference in quality between the top teams and the bottom teams than in other leagues.

English teams playing in the UEFA Cup are far more concerned about qualifying again next season than the actual cup itself. e.g. Aston Villa.
its pretty obvious clubs in the top leagues dont really care all that much about the eufa cup, just look at bayern last year and milan this year.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.