Manchester United Talk banner

If you had to choose which trophy United can win this season which one would you take

• Premier League

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Champions League

Votes: 22 47.8%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It was only last week that we
were dreaming of The Treble,
but losing to Portsmouth made
us realise that success in any
competition can never be
guaranteed.

We're still holding out for the
Double of course but, if United
could only win one of those
trophies this year, would fans
choose the Premier League
or the European Cup ?

Vote in the poll now or I'll bite you ... :mad:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
TBH id rather the Prem BUT if the team to win the CL was going to be Liverpool, id happyily swap the prem for the CL.

Liverpool fans really tick me off with that 5 times rubbish.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Premiership for me. I know the CL is specil but to me winning to league shows great consistancy and the league table at the end of the season never lies. If your top, its because you are the best team in the country

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I meant to say, that we all know that we're capable of winning the
league. But we aren't so confident in Europe. I really want to see
us win it sometime soon. The leagues will always be rolling in.
(Not being ****y!:p)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
without doubt the CL for me, we have won the premier league many times, we are not in the situation liverpool are in where they cannot win there domestic league. We just won it last season but the CL is long overdue for fergie, his CL league record is the only dissapointment in his career imo

pz

and when i say dissapointment i do not mean bad, its just generally agreed across europe in order to truly be a great team u need to have won the CL twice, i hope we do it this year, if not than next!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Keano! said:
I meant to say, that we all know that we're capable of winning the
league. But we aren't so confident in Europe. I really want to see
us win it sometime soon. The leagues will always be rolling in.
(Not being ****y!:p)
"****y" is listed in the Oxford English Dictionary and means "pert" or "conceited"
You don't have to use the asterixes. ;) My apologies, the asterixes appear automatically, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Premiership is prioriety for the fans and most of the players I think.

However, I believe the CL is something which attracts players and managers alike, it is something which gets world-wide acclaim and earns you respect from fans all around the world, whereas winning the league perhaps is not as respected anymore.

However, the Premiership is prioriety.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
"****y" is listed in the Oxford English Dictionary and means "pert" or "conceited"
You don't have to use the asterixes. ;) My apologies, the asterixes appear automatically, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Premiership is prioriety for the fans and most of the players I think.

However, I believe the CL is something which attracts players and managers alike, it is something which gets world-wide acclaim and earns you respect from fans all around the world, whereas winning the league perhaps is not as respected anymore.

However, the Premiership is prioriety.
:rolleyes: There ya go mate!

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I would love for us to win both but if I had to choose I would definitely go with the prem league, Im with the idea that if your the champions of europe meaning the supposed best team in europe than you should be able to win both, so to me its either both or the prem.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Every year I say the Prem. I really want to catch Pool's record
and we are only 2 off. but I think its time we stepped up to the plate
in Europe. 2 trophys is not enough for a club our size. We should have won
it many more times.
I always say Premiership but tonight I just clicked on CL......
Might change my mind tomorrow. Who knows?

·
Registered
309 Posts
CL or Pl

I'd choose the Champions League just. That is saying something when i have a 100 quid bet on with an arsenal friend of mine to see who'll finish higher in the league!!!

However its time we won the European cup as afterall its the biggest club competition in the world and arguable more important than the World Cup at the moment. We have consistently underachieved in this competition and considering this club's history is so synonymous with Europe and this being 50 th anniversary of munich I think it would be especially fitting if we pull it off this year. Fergie's record is also tarnished by the sole success in 99 to show for his efforts so lets hope we can put that right with preferably all out attacking football rather than gthe cagey defensive football we display too many times on the continent. Perhaps by drawing english teams from now on we can play our more natural game.

In saying that I would be more confident we will win the league as certainly in recent years we have been more consistent over the course of a 38 game season than one off games in the cups. The double is realistic though;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I love watching United win cup finals. The build up on the day is so exciting, the nervousness before the game, the excitement as it starts and the overwhelming joy when we've won. It's a fantastic day.

BUT, all of our hard work during the season goes to waste if we do not win the Premier League. It's what the season is all about for United - we want to be the best team in the country and the only way to do that is to win the league.

I'm desperate for United to overtake Liverpool's league record...and then we can start thinking about overtaking their European Cup record.

Last season we got our trophy back and I want us to keep it!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i wouldn't wanna chose - but let me put it this way - I'd be gutted,absolutely devastated if we lost EPL title - i'd be sad if we were to get knocked out of the CL

·
Registered
38 Posts
For me Premier League- 38 games every shows who is the best in long season.
In Champions League sometimes is more lucky than form or expertises.

btw... we'll happy if United get this two trophys :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we need the UCL more i think....both will be good too..... ;) ........but UCL is a thing we are missing for the past 9 years and i think we deserve it....

·
23,699 Posts
There are no maybes, ifs or buts since we have to choose ONE in this poll......:(

After careful analysis, I will rather take the EPL than the UCL then. Still better to be the kings of England than the kings of Europe. :)

I remember when Liverpool won the CL not as local champions, er... something did not seem right or the feeling was not quite right, somehow or rather, if you know what I mean. Except for their own fans, I think rival fans and neutral fans just dismissed it as an one-off achievement heavily associated with.... Luck.:rolleyes:

Besides, still better to boss the Top Three than to be bossed by any of them. ;)

P.S. Lol. Didn't realise it is that close, would you believe it. It is now 12 vs 11 after I casted my vote in favour of EPL!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts