Manchester United Talk banner

If you had to choose which trophy United can win this season which one would you take

• Premier League

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Champions League

Votes: 22 47.8%
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
English football is the best and if won the preimier league it will prove that we are the strongest of the strongest but in ucl there is stupid teams like ROMA FCB SHALKE FENARBACHE that we count 0ur self nothing if we won so PREIMIER LEAGE:)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Van Nistelruffi said:
you are fool..easy answer..Champion's league..Do you prefer be champions of england or champions of europe?

Win a EPL is easier than win the champion's
it doesn't have to be that way. to win EPL you need consistancy while for winning CL you need to play 3 good games and luck. Milan proved that last year. and you don't have to go on calling people fools

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i would love to further established ourselves as the champion of england for another year first. the squad would be more mature to challenge the champions league trophy next year, but only pity is that scholes and giggs might not make the starting line up next yr.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think this year of all years, as Ferg pointed out, should be the CL.
50th anniversary of the Busby Babes.....We didnt perform at the City game,
which will remain one of the biggest disappointments I have suffered as a
United fan. So winning the CL would mean so much.
but basically i want them both badly.....

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Van Nistelruffi said:
you are fool..easy answer..Champion's league..Do you prefer be champions of england or champions of europe?

Win a EPL is easier than win the champion's
Champions of England > Champions of Europe.

United > Liverpool.

Need to get the better of 38 games from August to May in the prem. In the European Cup, it's a cup competition. Look at the FA Cup this year.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i would rather win the league. The best team always wins the league. When Liverpool won the champions league they claimed to be the best in Europe but they werent even the best in Mersyside.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
donthered said:
i would rather win the league. The best team always wins the league. When Liverpool won the champions league they claimed to be the best in Europe but they werent even the best in Mersyside.
LOL classic. And very true.

CL is like the Superbowl in American football. The best teams often lose as any team can win on 'any given sunday' ;)

Always the Premiership.

·
Registered
590 Posts
A bit of a strange fact here:

In the last 10 seasons, ony 4 times has the winner of the Champions League won their domestic league as well, with United being one of those teams.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I love Man Utd winning the league, but I have to say that having won the league last season and seeing that our squad and form really deserves to be recognize as the best over the past two years, I really, really want us to win the Champions League this season.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I want both. We have one if not the best squad in the competitions we are in and we are capable of it after $50m worth of reinforcements over the summer. To think of only one thI want the CL more than anything especially because it is the 50 year anniversary of the Busby Babes but I cannot let Arsenal take the title after the number of fluke wins/draws they had and I so want the media to shut up and stop having orgasms over at best average Arsenal so that is why I say WE NEED BOTH! FOR THE BUSBY BABES!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Premiership by a distance, it is the true test, only if you win the CL and the prem does it mean anything really, otherwise it is just a cup competition.

There is nothing like big European nights at OT but they are one off games, the prem is what counts!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts