Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one would you like us to win the most. if we are only to win one.

i can't decide ... 18 titles would be fantastic, equalling the dippers, they'd hate that

but!!!!!! they would also hate us getting to within one of their european cups, i am sick of hearing we've won it 5 times , i would love to win it more to shut the f##kers up

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Before the season I would say the CL (3 times is a joke for a club our size)

However now the Premiership is number 1 because of we don't win it then we would have bottled it.

Z

·
0 Posts
It will always be the Premiership for me. Winning the Champions League is amazing, but it's a bit hollow if you haven't even proven yourself to be the best team in your country.

·
Registered
605 Posts
CL

18 would be fantastic
but i can be confident that we can win it next year if not this year

but i cant be confident that we can win the CL next year or any year for that matter
winning the CL is a HUGE thing

and also two consecutive CLs would be awesome....something which NOBODY has done before

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
agreed, i love winning the league , it shows that we have been the best over a longer period of time , get past the rather easy group stages and the CL is basically a cup competition ( i know thats pretty obvious, but i hope you know what i'm trying to say , lol ) in which luck plays a massive part IMO

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
It will always be the Premiership for me. Winning the Champions League is amazing, but it's a bit hollow if you haven't even proven yourself to be the best team in your country.
agreed look when Liverpool last won it they weren't even in the top 4 of their own country essentially its a cup competition so you need your luck as well so its not always the best team win it while the prem the league table never lies over a course of a season so for me its the prem and this one will be sweeter than most :) well sweeter until next season anyway ;)

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
CL

18 would be fantastic
but i can be confident that we can win it next year if not this year

but i cant be confident that we can win the CL next year or any year for that matter
winning the CL is a HUGE thing

and also two consecutive CLs would be awesome....something which NOBODY has done before
True, but there's been plenty of clubs to win consecutive European Champions Cups. The CL is more competitive, but if you want a mark to hit, that's 3, not 2.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
True, but there's been plenty of clubs to win consecutive European Champions Cups. The CL is more competitive, but if you want a mark to hit, that's 3, not 2.
Well, that was during the European Cup. Since the inception of the Champions League format, no team has successfully repeated as champions. The last team to do that was Milan in 89 and 90, with the old European Cup. To be the first team to win the CL back to back would be something. Having said that, I still want to equal 18 titles more.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
carling cup for me has to be the one to win so the rest are unimportant . who will ever forget our glorious shoot out win ?

18 all has to be the target --anything else is gravy

·
Registered
195 Posts
18 for sure,but we have got the perfect draw in the cl so why not both of them we are never gonna get such an easy passage to a cl final than this year

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, that was during the European Cup. Since the inception of the Champions League format, no team has successfully repeated as champions. The last team to do that was Milan in 89 and 90, with the old European Cup. To be the first team to win the CL back to back would be something. Having said that, I still want to equal 18 titles more.
if u actually read the full thread you would see that he knows that no team has successfully retained the champions league read the full thread before jumping on your high horse

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
if u actually read the full thread you would see that he knows that no team has successfully retained the champions league read the full thread before jumping on your high horse
Golden already responded, Grif.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
As long as the bin dipper scum don't win the CL, then of course the PL. I want us to equal that 18 League title record. That is one thing that will really be eating them up inside.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts