Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
A good result for West Brom imo.

Goal difference could be important at the bottom of the table and many teams will concede more than 1 at the Emirates.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
It's worrying that Arsenal didn't kill them off. I mean it should have been a good excuse to bang in the goals.

Then again it was a weakened side.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Then again it was a weakened side.
Exactly. I wouldn't read too much into it. Arsenal played some lovely football at times but were lacking in the final third. They'll get better as the season goes on and will be a real threat for the title.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Hull won 2-1 v Fulham
Boro won 2-1 v Spurs
Bburn won 3-2 at Everton
Bolton 3-1 v Stoke
Arse 1-0 v WBA
West Ham 2-1 v Wigan

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Congratulations to Hull. Their first ever Top flight win. What the hell were Tottenham thinking, only benching Berbatov?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah, some suprising results, didn't do too well in the prediction's i don't think!

The Pool game kicks off now, anyone got a streamer my brother wants to watch it, and i wouldn't mind watching their season go up in flames in the first game :p haha.

http://www.justin.tv/barcelonaec is a streamer for anyone who wants to watch it.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
LOL ! Oh yes i forgot about that ;) I thought it was their year last year and the year before ...

Keane and Torres really didn't click, i don't think i saw them exchange passes once! Liverpool should change their name to Luckypool. But fair enough to Torres very good finish. I watched a streamer on justin and there was a little shoutbox next door to the game and they were all shouting at their own team etc. then torres score and they start typing 1. Liverpool 2. Chelsea 3. Arsenal and all this, was pretty amusing actually :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
diouf and steed ran them all over- turned them inside out with tricks- hope we play that well right the way through the season, improve finishing, we could challenge for a top 10 finish.

lucky sign-on-with-hope-in-their-hearts-erpool

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Cracking finish by Torres, I liked it better when he had an open net, and him and Keane collided and they missed the easiest goal possible :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Liverpool game was garbage, they are so, stagnant it is untrue. I watched the Middlesborough game at they, of all teams, were more entertaining. Keane looked nervous hence his getting in the way more than helping style today. Tottenham were out muscled and had no real strength in the middle or up font. Dos Santos is a top player though, watch out for him.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
ARRGGHHH!! :D Folks this is why you don't bet on football. I had maybe about $50 on a sure thing.

Man Utd to beat Portsmouth & Chelsea to win at the bridge, fairly obvious outcomes.

Of course that doesn't pay much so to bump it up just that fraction. You add less certain but still reliable bets.

Aston Villa to beat Man City. With the current state of things at Eastland's and Villa's summer signings not really a gamble.

Tottenham to beat Middlesbrough. Juande Ramos you owe me money. What was that? Plus you buggered up my fantasy football. :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts