Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So another premier league weekend of football comes to an end........at least until next week...

And what a weekend it was.......Roy Keane showed glimpses of his attitude from his playing days which to his credit he had kept under wraps until now....
He felt Sunderland were robbed of a win by the referee on saturday against Aston Villa, and he may have a right to feel aggrieved...

Super Sunday certainly lived up to all the hype.....

The early kick-off between Man Utd and Liverpool proved an intense affair, perhaps at times lacking in quality of football, but making up for this by pure intensity and fierce rivalry, keeping the fans enthralled....

Carlos Tevez once again proved why United battled long and hard and endured long legal battles to sign him, with Tevez finishing off a superbly well-worked set play from a corner kick...

Liverpool fought back in the second half and dominated for long periods but their inability to create clear cut chances and Dirk Kuyt once again let them down...

Fernando Torres proved a no-show in the second half and the introduction of Peter Crouch for Kuyt proved pointless, with the big man doing little more than the latter...

Arsenal versus Chelsea, pershaps now, if it is even possible, a fiercer rivalry than United and the scum.....

This match turned into a fantastic game, not only the great football by Arsenal, but also the commitment of every player and the tenacity of the tackling...

Unusually it was Petr Cech who was at fault for Arsenals goal, coming out at an Arsenal corner kick, but failing to claim the ball resulted with William Gallas having a clear goal to head the ball into..

1-0 Arsenal it finished and in truth it could have been more......

There were moments during the match reminiscent of the disgraceful behaviour of both teams at the end of the Carling Cup final between the two clubs....

Cesc Fabregas made a shocking tackle on Ashley Cole towards the end of the match which should have been a red card...

and Ashley Cole then pushed/slapped Fabregas on the neck, in an assault which in truth looked far worse than the incident which got Cristiano Ronaldo suspended at the start of the season.....

Liverpool are finished for this season..........I think it's time for them to start aiming all their concentration towards the CL...

They can be happy with their effort though..........They've lasted for longer than is usual for them in the last few years and longer than most people predicted...

They can be proud of their challenge..............and I'm sure they'll be back next year....

Chelsea, Arsenal and the Champions are all still fighting it out, and come the end of the season I feel it may well be the same situation.......

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RichardsReds said:
Aren't you the journalist!
yeah I wrote it, hence the "scum" bit and Liverpool lost due to lack of creativity and Dirk Kuyt.......:D

hope you enjoyed.........I wrote it in 10 minutes........parents had friends over.......they were hot......;)

cheers
K4t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts