Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Cesc Fabregas will be the new captain of Arsenal.

Speculation had been mounting as to whether the Gunners chief would decide to strip former skipper William Gallas of the honour.

The Frenchman had been openly critical of his team-mates last week, putting his position under threat.

Wenger has now decided that it is time for change, rewarding Fabregas for his continued progression into a world-class performer.

The Spaniard will lead the club for the first time in their UEFA Champions League contest with Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4543058,00.html#section-5

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Fabregas Named Captain

Just thought I'd mention that Fabregas has been named as the Arsenal skipper ahead of Tommorow's clash with Dynamo Kiev.

So what does everyone think of this? He's got the quality there's no doubt about that.

However is he too young? I'm not making a joke about Wenger's youth policy, I'm genuinely serious. He's my age. :eek:

For me a Captain is all about maturity & although Fabregas is experienced, he's still such a young man.

I don't know but then again he could turn out to be a great captain. Thoughts?

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7743904.stm

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
IMO an awful appointment. He's unexpierenced and doesn't seem like a leader, but he's young i suppose give the team some energy enthusiasm. I thought he would of given it Toure.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it could go both ways, i'd like to hope that he's already poor season will just continue by having such pressure on him. i still think he's too young. on his day, he's one of the best centre mids in the world, but he's been largely anonnymous this year
on the other hand, the authority might give him the kick start.
i would have picked toure but perhaps its a move to keep cesc at arsenal. i doubt the unrest and lack of trophies, let alone the weather and the press will be doing much for his arguments to stay in england over going to barca or wherever.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think this is the time to boost Arsenal's moral up and entice Fabregas to stay with Arsenal.....I wonder if gallas will start tonight.....Maybe he will start as a bench warmer....My mind keep on thinking that Gallas may quit Arsenal but Arsene Wenger insist that he still has future with the gunner.....

My prediction : He will stay as Arsenal player for at least 2 more season then time for him to move on !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts