Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5-2 Spurs

Talk about game of two halves! The first half was the slow United , allowing Spurs time and space to do whatever they felt like doing and not playing with tempo , intensity and attacking committment. The second half was aggression , intensity , speed and focused attack minded football.

So which United is the most effective? It's blindingly obvious to me. The Spurs game was everything I have said on these forums about workrate speed attacking and pressing the ball , all encapsulated in 90 minutes. I rejoice that the real United turned up in the end but I am also angry that it takes going 0-2 down to get Nani off (useless at present) and Tevez on ( just what we needed). It also took a mini crisis to get the crowd going at OT. You know what I am going to say. Why the hell wait until things are desperate before cranking up the volume and getting the team going? Why does the team play so flat when they can play like that any time they really choose to?

I watched Valencia v Barca the other night and the crowd noticed that Barca were starting to really play at one point and there was this irresistible vibe and noise from the crowd that almost forced the Valencia players to start competing and closing down. We need that from the 1st minute (not after we go behind) on weds. Why does OT stand for it ? Was OT just happy to watch Modric and co boss the game in acres of space? Where was the urgency to get on the players backs? Didn't anyone else see what was going to happen ?

I still feel angry about that first half on saturday. The players were cheating us all if they are capable of playing like that but wait until they HAVE to do it. I have this totally mad idea you see - go at a team right from the off and batter them hard with tempo and aggression , and do it at 0-0. The mad thing about the Spurs game was that you could almost see the script. I thought "Spurs are going to score here and we will end up losing our way - then there will be some kind of desperate comeback" - it was obvious - if you give good players time and the freedom of the park they WILL hurt you - it's an absolute no-brainer and I still have NO idea why the team or the crowd ALLOW it to happen. No-one has yet explained this to me.

So whilst I am still positive I still wait with baited breath to see if we have FINALLY learnt our lesson from this game. Arsenal are not Spurs and if we start like that we will NOT recover so easily. Fortune favours the brave - let's go for it Reds - enough of this dilly dally slow tactical flat nonsense - football at it's heart is WAR! Tevez should start - same team that finished the last game and the same play please!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not a moaner - I just hate seeing the players cheat themselves and us of everything they can produce.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I agree, we have to go all out for it in my opinion, lets start tevez, I cant see how it would be any worse than starting nani or park.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yawn.

We scored five goals because of Fergie's motivational skills, end of.
Fergie is a great motivator , agreed. I'm not knocking Fergie because he keeps managing to get players hungry who have won everything already. But can you help me out - because I just don't understand why he would have waited until half time to do it rather than do it before the match. My confusion is why do we wait until things get dire before raising the tempo? Many many pundits I have heard recently have said that United seem to just think that all they have to do is turn up and they will win these days. The other teams seem to be noticing this and take advantage. So why do we do it? Would you not prefer our team was motivated from the start? :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, we have to go all out for it in my opinion, lets start tevez, I cant see how it would be any worse than starting nani or park.
The evidence of saturday was that it would be a lot better rather than worse. I can't understand why nani gets in the team ahead of tevez. Even tevez as a winger would be better out of position than nani. Tevez must be simply the most hard done by player in the history of the club. If he comes on against arsenal and scores four 30 yard scorchers he would still be on the bench the next game.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would love to see the fantastic 4 play together more often. It would be the most potent attack in the world. Our midfielders haven't been closing down enough and causing some unneccessary pressure on defense. Alot of our play has been predictable this season

1 - 6 of 6 Posts