Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found this early season's media very strange indeed, the likes of Merson, Redknapp Le'Tissier and Andy Gray have really shocked me to be honest, scenes all these have tipped Chelsea for the Title, how can we be so easily dismissed considering we are European and English champions ? It seems to me a fair few are just wanting to be contrversial (For example Redknapp, says something out of the ordinary either to lick Fat Franks arse or to be noticed by the watching public) it's just really confused me how so many of them feel we wont succeed this year, yet we're the ones with up and coming stars who have already had a taste for medals at the highest level, what do you guys think of these pathetic excuses for pundits lately ?

S

·
0 Posts
ROFLMAO. Pundits make me laugh, i really think half
of them are on drugs or drunk when they open their mouths.
They all think they are Nostrodamus or someone.
Will be very interesting to see what they have to say come
the end of the season.
Most of them will have changed their minds in a few weeks anyway. :D

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Drew9 said:
I've found this early season's media very strange indeed, the likes of Merson, Redknapp Le'Tissier and Andy Gray have really shocked me to be honest, scenes all these have tipped Chelsea for the Title, how can we be so easily dismissed considering we are European and English champions ? It seems to me a fair few are just wanting to be contrversial (For example Redknapp, says something out of the ordinary either to lick Fat Franks arse or to be noticed by the watching public) it's just really confused me how so many of them feel we wont succeed this year, yet we're the ones with up and coming stars who have already had a taste for medals at the highest level, what do you guys think of these pathetic excuses for pundits lately ?
This drives me mad, i agree we should be fav with same double winning squad with maybe another big signing, chelsea have clogged up the already big numbered midfield with the signing of deco (who i think is class but he might not fit in at chelsea). Ballack cant be the player he was and without the dog up front cant score for jack!!!

We have double winning squad, i know giggs is past it but nani can step in.
Our defence is by the best in the prem and with a one signing up front we will be unstopable.
Utd for the prem:)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Drew9 said:
I love it. Its not often pundits are right and the best of all. This gives Fergie ammo to fire off United. He will make sure the players knows every letter of the words they've said about United. He will litterally shove it in their faces to feed the hunger to win.

Thanks Merson, Redknapp, Le Tiss and Andy Grey for all the trophies.;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I find this hillarious and irritating at the same time. It's good not to be favourites, the pressure on Scolaris shoulders will be heavy, but it seems our work from last season is seen by (ok, we're talking about pundits, but still).

Let me present to you some guy's (think it was Paul Wilson) finish table before the start of the 06/07 season:
"1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Manchester United - Where are the goals gonna come from?"

Sums it all up.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well this thread i made has had the desired effect, im really glad you Reds have put my mind at rest, i was getting worried what with all these 'professsional pundits' are bascially claiming that we've automatically got far to complacent, Scholes Giggs and Neville have become dreadful players in a couple of months and Wayne Rooney is the most overated player in the Universe lol, what the hell do they know anyway, just really fustrated me when their writing us off right away, they'll see !!

·
Registered
915 Posts
At the end of the day, Pundits are paid to give their opinion & there will always be people that disagree. Some may do it to make a name for themselves (it worked for Alan "you'll never win anything with kids" Hansen), some may do it out of loyalty to friends or former clubs but it is only their opinion, which I appreciate, but they're wrong :D

& I agree with Spellbound in that comments like these will serve SAF with more ammo with which to spur the lads on even more. Make no mistake we will be there in the mix right at the end of the season.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
johan said:
I find this hillarious and irritating at the same time. It's good not to be favourites, the pressure on Scolaris shoulders will be heavy, but it seems our work from last season is seen by (ok, we're talking about pundits, but still).

Let me present to you some guy's (think it was Paul Wilson) finish table before the start of the 06/07 season:
"1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Manchester United - Where are the goals gonna come from?"

Sums it all up.
i have to admit 06/07 i wrote us off aswell, i swore to never do it again.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Most pundits said 2 seasons ago we were not going to win the title...oh and we did =) and we went back to back and now lets show them how its done with a hattrick!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Pundits dont use logic they just predict
So Redknapp will predict that Liverpool wins
and Le'Tissier will predict Southampton lol.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
They only say it cause they feel United is a one-man team based around Ronaldo and with him out injured and all the summer nonsense, we will falter. Now, United will prove just how wrong they are :)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
razz1979 said:
I agree with Spellbound in that comments like these will serve SAF with more ammo with which to spur the lads on even more. Make no mistake we will be there in the mix right at the end of the season.
I couldn't agree more guys. I would much rather that we get no respect going into the campaign (as aggravating as that is!)....the pundits predictions and the idiotic rantings of players like John Terry give SAF more than enough reason to fire up the lads. Not that I think we need any...

Keep on talking, you '********...:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts