Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Queen takes Victoria longevity mark

The Queen has reached a new milestone as she becomes the longest living
British monarch.

She overtakes the record set by her great-great grandmother Queen Victoria.

Victoria, who was born on May 24 1819, died on January 22 1901, having lived for
81 years, seven months and 29 days or 81 years and 243 days.

According to Buckingham Palace, Queen Elizabeth II, who was born on April 21
1926, beats her ancestor's record at around 5pm December 20.

This takes into account the time of Victoria's birth and death, and the time the
current Queen was born.

Queen Victoria still remains the longest-reigning British monarch. But Queen
Elizabeth II is set to break this record on September 9 2015.

It will be business as usual for the Queen, as she will not be officially marking the
milestone.

She has no public engagements or audiences, but will spend the day continuing
with other duties, such as dealing with documents from the red boxes in which
she receives her official papers

I think she is a wonderful person and the UK should be very, very
proud of her.

So much good work for charities and for the good of the UK she is a very rare kind
of person indeed.

Even now at 81 years she is busy 4 days a week with visits, state occassions etc
etc.

Long may she live !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,167 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I think she is a wonderful person and the UK should be very, very
proud of her.

So much good work for charities and for the good of the UK she is a very rare kind
of person indeed.

Even now at 81 years she is busy 4 days a week with visits, state occassions etc
etc.

Long may she live !!
couldn't agree more.

who will be king afterwards though?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
I don't mean to cause offence towards any english people on here.....

But I think the monarchy sytem in England is a joke........:)
Bert, you cant just make statements like that without even explaining why.......

Sometimes it would be better just to say nothing at all. You dont have to write on EVERY thread Bert :rolleyes:

fair play to the Queen i say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Bert, you cant just make statements like that without even explaining why.......

Sometimes it would be better just to say nothing at all. You dont have to write on EVERY thread Bert :rolleyes:

fair play to the Queen i say.


It's just the way I feel Jazz mate......

They are pointless....people......but I suppose the brits look up to the Queen...

it's just my opinion, I could say more but I don't want to really debate about this subject as I cba.....:)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SALFORD RED said:
:confused: I think you will find Charles is next in line.
.
Yes Charles next in line of course but I don't see him ever taking the job to be
honest.

It's not an obligation for him to do this is it ?

I don't imagine Queen Elizabeth going anywhere (God willing she has nice health)
not before she goes past Victoria's record in 2015.

Which would make Charles nearly 70 himself :eek:

And Bertie.....

I'll tell you what the Queen does for the UK.....

She puts the 'Great' in 'Great Britain'.

When I grew up it was in a tiny village called Zizin in Romania - but you
mention 'Queen Elizabeth' to any single person there and they know her and
love her !!!

They tell you of this great, caring, hard working woman who does so much good
for many causes.......yes this is true.

More people know her than know of our ex-Queen Elisabeth of Romania.

She has led a faultless life and worked so hard for Britain but many British
complain and moan about her. I wish we had a lady like this leading our country :( .

She's a hero for many people worldwide especially me because I love her and
what she has done for the WORLD not just Britain -and it makes me a bit angry
when I hear British people disrespect her.......but that's their right to do this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Yes Charles next in line of course but I don't see him ever taking the job to be
honest.

It's not an obligation for him to do this is it ?

I don't imagine Queen Elizabeth going anywhere (God willing she has nice health)
not before she goes past Victoria's record in 2015.

Which would make Charles nearly 70 himself :eek:

And Bertie.....

I'll tell you what the Queen does for the UK.....

She puts the 'Great' in 'Great Britain'.

When I grew up it was in a tiny village called Zizin in Romania - but you
mention 'Queen Elizabeth' to any single person there and they know her and
love her !!!

They tell you of this great, caring, hard working woman who does so much good
for many causes.......yes this is true.

More people know her than know of our ex-Queen Elisabeth of Romania.

She has led a faultless life and worked so hard for Britain but many British
complain and moan about her. I wish we had a lady like this leading our country :( .

She's a hero for many people worldwide especially me because I love her and
what she has done for the WORLD not just Britain -and it makes me a bit angry
when I hear British people disrespect her.......but that's their right to do this.

she doesn't lead.............she lives in her lovely palace with all her butlers and makes appearances in public at events now and again........

She's just an ambassador and is just a novelty imho.........

She's probably never even heard of east london...........:rolleyes:

I just don't believe in what you have said, It's just my opinion......:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
She gets paid alot of money to do the things she does and she has a very easy life, she has alot of personal wealth yet gets supported by the tax payer and she doesn't lead anything she is just a figure head.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top