Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Manchester United dispatched assistant manager Carlos Queiroz to watch Rangers' Uefa Cup quarter-final clash with Sporting Lisbon.

Sporting are not commenting on any possible scouts at the Jose Alvalade on Thursday - but Queiroz was in attendance as he continues to monitor the progress of Miguel Veloso and Joao Moutinho.

Coupled with Queiroz' own in-depth knowledge of football in his homeland and United's relationship with Sporting, Sir Alex Ferguson has known all about - and has been tracking - both Veloso and Moutinho for a couple of years.

Both Veloso and Moutinho are being strongly linked with summer moves and United are seemingly seriously considering the pair.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani have both made the move to Old Trafford in recent years, and with Queiroz as Ferguson's right hand man - a move to United would obviously be a huge draw for either Veloso and/or Moutinho. "

Has anyone seen much of Veloso and/or Moutinho? We've been linked with Veloso quite alot but I haven't seen alot of him. Would either or both be good additions?

source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3410082,00.html

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
They are both very very good young players just like Nani, who have immense amounts of potental in them. Moutinhio I doubt we will get because he is basically another Anderson from what I remember when I watched him and Veloso can play as a defensive midfilder or even a centre back so his like another versitile player like Hargreves, very strong on the defensive aspect of the game. It really depends on who is going to leave OT, like if Fletcher goes off to seek first team football then Moutinhio or Veloso would be an excellent replacement for squad depth. They are both quality and if we can get them cheap then I say buy them. As we can see this season squad depth has done us very very good and that is why we are no 1 in the EPL and now favourites vs. Barca!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
deffo no to moutinho because we have scholes ando carrick fletch hargo etc we dont need another player in the middle of the park? im not sure weather veloso is a middfielder or a central defender by trade but i really dont think either will be needed at united, we need another striker to cover and possibly a full back if brown does not sign a new contract:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts