Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with scolari taking the chelsea job, queiroz might be offered the portugal job and if he leaves do you think it will affect the team like it did when he went to real madrid?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I dont think he will leave cause he's knows with the young players progressin with us and him bein so strongly linked with replacing SAF there is success for him to achieve. He'll play the waiting game to add a few premierships and CL's to his CV :D

Z

·
0 Posts
He's best as an assistant manager I think.
He wanted to try his luck as a manager
and tried and failed at Madrid. He'll be
here for at least another two years for
sure.

Fergie said not long ago that Carlos would
be at United for at least as long as he is so
I have no doubt that he'll stay at United for
the time being.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
If he's offered the Portgual or any job in management; then United need to guarantee or lie to him that he's definately succeeding Fergie. If not, why would he not want to try out management again.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
If he does take it , fair play to him .
He has had one crack and failed , i am sure second time around he will be a hit

·
Registered
566 Posts
-zuco- said:
sure.

the time being.
think he is doing a great job here currently. it will definitely affect us if he leaves as he is an integral part of coaching the team. and zuco, never say never in football. u wont know what is going to happen next.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
manutd43va said:
think he is doing a great job here currently. it will definitely affect us if he leaves as he is an integral part of coaching the team. and zuco, never say never in football. u wont know what is going to happen next.
Yes, but not irreplacable.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
-zuco- said:
sure.

the time being.
You can't blame him for what went wrong at Madrid. He was being undermined by the Higher-ups. They wouldn't allow him to manage and was even forced to sell players like Makelele who he wanted to keep

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it would be a bit of mistake to let him go. I used to be quite vehemently against him, but he has carved out a niche for himself as a number 2 here, and I think he's a good foil to Fergie on the training ground for the players. He is respected by the squad, and I do believe he has a great chance of becoming the manager here when Ferguson retires. I think he could be a great NT coach, but I'd think he'd want to continue the success he's had here with a view of being the number 1 here in a few years.

I don't know if he'd be the best manager of United, but in terms of continuity for the players who'll still be here, he'd be a solid choice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Quieroz will take it if he will be offered it. he has let it be known that that would be the case in times gone by. would be a big loss if he did leave. hes been instrumental in the progress of the team. also he has a wide range of contacts. he helped sign manucho, helped to sign ronaldo anderson and nani and has helped them settle and progress.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
sir alex has never stood in the way when his number twos want to leave , and he wont this time either.
if he does leave united he will have been at the worlds greatest club united and also real , it is the biggest honour to be asked to manage your country and i am sure he will not turn it down , he will be a big loss .

·
23,699 Posts
Fergie faces battle to keep Queiroz as Portugal come calling

the daily mail

Sir Alex Ferguson is facing a battle to hold on to his assistant Carlos Queiroz.

The Manchester United No2 is at the top of the Portuguese FA's list to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari, who will resign after Euro 2008.

Portugal are ready to ask permission from United to talk to Mozambique-born Queiroz, 55, who is apparently itching to be his own man again.

A source close to the Portuguese national team said: "We want to carry on the good work that Scolari has started. To do that we need a man like Queiroz.

"He knows all of the players and would be a popular appointment, especially with the players who are already at Manchester United."

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
This is the only job Queiroz would leave us for imo.

I think hes fantastic, and we would really miss him. He's trusted by Sir Alex, and the work hes done has been incredible and vitally important. Yes, he wouldn't be irreplacable, but imo, it would be hard to get someone as good as him.

I also think he should get the job when Sir Alex retires if he's still here and wants it. If hes left by then, then he probably won't get it, and he will only get the job if hes the outstanding choice. But his work has been incredible and vitally important, he has a great relationship with the players, he certainly knows what hes talking about and we need as much stability as possible imo.

I wouldn't take his time with Real Madrid into consideration. He was undermined by higher authorities, as someone has already claimed, so didn't get the chance to prove himself to be as good as he is as a No 1 (whether thats good or bad at the moment is the question :p)

·
23,699 Posts
Queiroz To Leave United For Portugal`

football 365

Sir Alex Ferguson's anger at Luiz Felipe Scolari advising Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Manchester United is set to be exacerbated by reports that his assistant, Carlos Queiroz, is on the verge of replacing the Chelsea-bound Brazilian as Portugal's national coach.

According to a report in The Sunday Express, 'The Portuguese have snapped up the Manchester United assistant boss to replace Scolari and his departure will be a hammer blow for Ferguson, who was keen for the vastly-experienced 55-year-old Queiroz to take over from him when he quits as United boss in two or three years time.'

Queiroz's departure could also have an important repercussion in another respect as Ferguson has previously named his assistant as a key factor in United's attempt to keep Cristiano Ronaldo at the club. 'Queiroz enjoys a good relationship with the much-coveted forward and his departure would weaken United's chances of holding onto the 23-year-old,' the newspaper notes.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
football 365

Sir Alex Ferguson's anger at Luiz Felipe Scolari advising Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Manchester United is set to be exacerbated by reports that his assistant, Carlos Queiroz, is on the verge of replacing the Chelsea-bound Brazilian as Portugal's national coach.

According to a report in The Sunday Express, 'The Portuguese have snapped up the Manchester United assistant boss to replace Scolari and his departure will be a hammer blow for Ferguson, who was keen for the vastly-experienced 55-year-old Queiroz to take over from him when he quits as United boss in two or three years time.'

Queiroz's departure could also have an important repercussion in another respect as Ferguson has previously named his assistant as a key factor in United's attempt to keep Cristiano Ronaldo at the club. 'Queiroz enjoys a good relationship with the much-coveted forward and his departure would weaken United's chances of holding onto the 23-year-old,' the newspaper notes.
Sounds bad.

I think hes gonna go tbh. And it could leave us in a much worse position.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts