Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i'd like to stress that im a Liverpool fan but also a genuine football fan. I'm not posting on here to annoy anyone or start fights, rather just have a discussion.
As you can imagine, I, like most LFC fans am extremely excited and happy with the start we've made. Needless to say we've been quite average in the last two decades give or take a few years but this year is different. I'm going to stop it there as i realise this is a Man U forum.
I've become curious about what our rival's think about our challenge/or lack of? So what do you think. The obvious hatred between the clubs aside, do you honestly think we're in with a shout??
Great forum by the way.

Also if this type of question has been posted elsewhere by someone else please feel free to delete.

thanks

S

·
0 Posts
As long as things are kept civil you'l find members willing to chat i'm sure.
Have a quick look at this thread, you'll see thoughts on rival supporters.
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/football-banter/16580-rival-fans-manutdtalk.html

No doubt you'll get some stick as well. :D :D ;)

Must dash...i have to lock up the safe and hide my hubcaps. :p

A warning to every member....any sly nasty reference to Hillsborough or Munich in any post will
be deleted and warnings/bans given according to MUT rules.
If you want to post like scum go to a scum site to do it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Get Lost. lol

Hi and welcome.

I hate liverpool only because my bro supports them and he give me some silent stick. But i think you will see the difference and class in the second half of the season from man utd. It a great start for liverpool but i think chelsea and man utd have the better experience when the second half season starts. This is where you play more internationals, cl, fa cup matches and this is where ur squad has to have some class players and liverpool only have few to do the job

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i think that while benitez is at the helm you will never win a prem . i watched your sides of seventies and eighties and they were superb . whats missing is the liverpool way . shankley and paisley had the whole club playing to the same script . when a player stepped in it was seamless . for what its worth souness and dalglish would get in my best ever eleven . i think you will lose games in march april and end up in 3rd .

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm probably one of the few United supporters you will find that I don't hate Liverpool. I just hate Chelsea.

Anyway, despite your good start I don't think their much better than last year. I do believe that they have been solid at the back but they have been quite lucky. I genuinely don't think they have a prayer of winning the league because Chelsea and United's squads are just too good.

However, there has been obvious progress and tbh, it's healthy to see a bit of real rivalry with our 2 clubs, the fact that we are a lot closer now than in seasons gone by.

·
Registered
542 Posts
no, i think liverpools football is digusting (every commentator gets a bonor shouting gerrard when he whacks 30 yards away from goal) and uniteds is far superior level yet you were lucky during early parts of season

enjoy it while it last's!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
despite your position, your havent really shown that little something that champions have. Drawing at home to Stoke, Wigan and West Ham aint a sign of champions.

Between now and Feb is when true challengers are found out. grafting out wins on boxing day/new years day at some horrible grounds are what shows true champion character.

S

·
0 Posts
On second thoughts mate, you can bugger off. :mad:

My other half just gave me a Looneypool Advent calendar.:eek: :mad:

All the windows were boarded up and someone had nicked all the chocolates.:D :p

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Over the last two seasons I've heard Liverpool fans say that this is going to be their season. And by the end they were full of excuses, it was "well if Ronaldo didn't play so well" or some excuse like that. Torres coming in was meant to be the 'final piece of the jigsaw' so to speak, but you came up short last year, even finishing behind Arsenal, which I'm sure was embarrassing. However, this season there's been something different about your team. I would put it down to a whole lot of luck, including some late (and dubious) penalties etc, but Liverpool fans seem to think it finally may be 'their season'.

I don't think so, and I can't help but relate to Arsenal last season, who started so well, and this time last year I believe they were in a better position that you're in now, but they ended up falling at around February time, which is when you'll be tested. None of your squad has experience holding a gap at the top, nor does the manager (at least in the Prem) and the fixture list will be piling up, face it, in recent years Liverpool haven't managed to do well in that period. In contrast, we have vast experience in this situation, as does our boss, so I can't help but feel that this is all too similar to last season.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Looking at how you guys play, I still can't believe we lost to you. Horribly unattractive and ever since that early spurt of comebacks, you've really bottled it at home, which isn't what champions do.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Now I have a question for you:

How is Rafa like Santa Claus?

He's fat,wears red, and nobody cares about him past Christmas

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
The thing is your title charge can only be justified if you can maintain this through Xmas and then when it really matters - at the back end of the season. IMO with rafa at the helm its not going to happen, simply due to his tactics / mentality. The thing is no one really knows when Shiverpool is gonna do well cause every season seems to be "their year".

anyway welcome to MuT. and yes I dislike Liverpool wiith all my heart

·
Registered
139 Posts
piazza said:
Now I have a question for you:

How is Rafa like Santa Claus?

He's fat,wears red, and nobody cares about him past Christmas

lmao, im not gonna say anthin else coz i hate liverpool with a passion and i dont want to offend anyone :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
IrishLFC said:
First of all i'd like to stress that im a Liverpool fan but also a genuine football fan. I'm not posting on here to annoy anyone or start fights, rather just have a discussion.
As you can imagine, I, like most LFC fans am extremely excited and happy with the start we've made. Needless to say we've been quite average in the last two decades give or take a few years but this year is different. I'm going to stop it there as i realise this is a Man U forum.
I've become curious about what our rival's think about our challenge/or lack of? So what do you think. The obvious hatred between the clubs aside, do you honestly think we're in with a shout??
Great forum by the way.

Also if this type of question has been posted elsewhere by someone else please feel free to delete.

thanks

The simple fact is that Chelsea FC have the strongest squad in the league and can take a depleated team to the Riverside and still win 5-0.

I would say that they must be regarded as favourites this season, simply because of the amount of proven winners they have in their squad and and depth, as well as quality of their squad.

Next comes Manchester United and then Liverpool.

Robbie Keane doesn't look as good as Rafa thought he was going to be and if Torres continues to struggle with his hamstring, LFC might find it difficult to score.

Not everyone is as rubbish as Blackburn.

Dirk kuyt has been playing at the peak of his form this season, which is incredibly funny to me, because at the end of last season most Liverpool fans on internet forums and sites like teamtalk wanted him to be sold.

How many points has they guy rescued for you this season?

Anyway.... I'm not sure LFC can win the league while Rafa is in charge and I reckon that the table will look differently by the end of January.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
you have a good team.....but you are a little too dependent on torres and gerrard......if gerrard doesnt play you dont have..what can i say..soul to your football.....you seem boring.....
without torres you team seems very limited in attack..and with him out till january at the minimum i think you will have games like the one against west ham and the first half against b'burn....

the most common question i ask all pool fans are why benitez still play kuyt???
i have a bro who is a pool fan and a couple of friends too who are fans...but they too i think are asking the same questions...what is your opinion on him???

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Yer problem is the size of your squad and the back up ye have. If Torres or Keane (another problem) gets injured ye have no natural striker to go up top. In contrast we've got 3 world class strikers. Also Rafa is a fat spanish waiter who hasn't got the mental stamina to stay top for long .

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
To sum up Liverpools season so far i would say the same boring play as the last few seasons but you have added some luck to it this season. They say you need a bit of luck to win the league.... I think you guys have used up all yours!
Not been bias i think Liverpool will come 3rd this year.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
I just laugh at your attempts at a title 'challenge'..every year you fall flat on your faces,then make up these new mini leauges/places that no-one seems to care about other than liverpool fans.... i.e ''well we finished 4th so its ok'' or ''we're not bothered about the leauge its the champs leauge that matters'' ridiculous statements that im sure im not the only one to have heard them.This year yes you have had a good start,but like so many other seasons you WILL stumble,slowly you will drop points,and thats when the more serious contenders pick up the pace.I wouldnt get too giddy about it,and if you win it i wont be eating my words because Liverpool FC mean nothing to me.Im just waiting for the days when you lot start to gloat with 2 hands about your chamions leauge victories.....*shudder*

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The thing that concerns me about Liverpool is that they are not playing well yet they are top of the league. In the past couple of seasons their form in the league after Christmas has been very good but they were too far behind for it to make any difference.

This is obviously their best chance to win the Premiership for many years but I still think Chelsea are our main threat. Imo, although Liverpool's 1st choice 11 is as good as any club in Europe I think the overall strength and quality of their squad is far weaker than that of ours or Chelsea's. As the season goes on I think this difference in quality will begin to tell.

They may well be able to split United and Chelsea in the league by coming 2nd but I don't see Liverpool finishing above both teams.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Liverpool are building a not to bad squad but the full backs are dog muck jamie carrigher is overated and as for robbie keane he has been a complete waste of money so far .

No you wont win the title this year as we will lol!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts