Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Journalists and posters on here can criticise Fergie, and his tactics or his team
selection whatever. They have a right to voice their opinions.

What really annoys me, and has done for years, is the fact that when Fergie
proves them wrong and he goes on to glory ... he wins, again ... and they all join
in the celebrations and bathe in the glory ... not one of them ever has the grace
to stand up and say "Well fair play to Fergie, I was wrong and he sure as hell
made me eat my words".

Journalists are a disgusting breed !!!

But I guess they have to write something, it's their job after all !

I personally think Fergie has put great faith in his players recently. Some have let
him down but I know they haven't done it on purpose. This team that was
chosen to play Chelsea has been criticised by journalists worldwide. But if Fergie
had got the draw from it, they would have said "Oh well, this is to expected from
United".

Don't forget that this team, which everyone now considers to be wrong, tactically
incapable of doing the job and blah, blah, blah was just 6 minutes away from
getting a point and all but sealing the Premiership for us. It took just one
unfortunate (maybe dubious) penalty decision to turn all that on it's head - and
make Fergie look bad !!!

I have faith in Fergie. He is the epitomy (?) of success. He's the best that ever
walked this earth ... and we must now win 4 more games to grab a remarkable
double of Champions League and Barclays Premiership.

I don't feel I have the right to criticise this guy - EVER - I just have too much
respect for him ... There is a very fine line between success and failure in his
job ... he has walked that line for 23 years now ... and I have no complaints
whatsoever about Fergie or anything he does !
Excellent post and its exactly how I feel. All the moaners are out as usual:rolleyes:
saying Fergie did this and that wrong blah blah etc etc......I would have done
this and played x and y, as if they are more qualified than Fergie.
These people make me laugh and to a small degree disgust me.

Everyone is up in arms after a few games of not winning.
can I remind these people that these games were in Ewood park, the Nou Camp
and Stamford Bridge, arguably some of the toughest places to get a result in
World football. There is no shame in not winning in these stadiums.

As you mentioned above we were 5 mins or a dodgy penalty away from
effectively winning the Prem, and now people are saying Fergie hasnt a clue :rolleyes:

We are STILL top of the Prem, in a great position, we are STILL in the semi's
of the CL also in a very good position.

Threads like these not only piss me off, but should at least be posted AFTER
the next few games if we happen to muck them up and lose but we havent
lost anything yet.....

Have some faith ffs and show some support......
Some of you are so ungrateful......and the funny thing is, is that this could be
a HUGE season and yet everyone is pissed off with 'tactics' :confused:
Some people wouldnt know a tactic if it bit them in the arse, and no its not
those little green and orange sweets either :rolleyes:

but its ok, if we win on tuesday and we beat West Ham, we can all celebrate
together and we can all forget how you doubted the master that is Fergie.

Actually no, Ill gladly dig these threads out after we have won some silverware,
and remind all you doubters of the harsh words you wrote.

If everything falls to pieces and we lose out in both trophies, Ill admit I got
it wrong and apologise. But Ill never doubt Fergie and my support for United
will never wane.

Apologies if this may seem a bit harsh and is offensive to some, but Im in a rush,
have had a crap day and this subject rightly gets on my wick.
;-)

sharafanta7 said:
i wasn't surprised Manchester United lost 4 two reasons:

1] Ronaldo didn't start (he hardly played)

2] Chelsea haven't lost at the bridge for 101 games...
Hmmm....

So every single game Ronaldo plays in ... we win !!!

That's what you imply here.

Sadly, we do lose when he plays ... so point number one ... BUSTED !!

Chelsea haven't lost at the Bridge for 101 games ...

Therefore Chelsea WILL NEVER lose at the Bridge ... is what you imply ...

They will ... obviously.

So point number two ... BUSTED !!

Maybe you WERE surprised they lost ... and now look to point the finger of blame.

OK people, I know I am going to get roundly criticized for this, but Fergie is not infallable (he may be close to it, tho!). He is a human being and makes mistakes like the rest of us. He is in a position where questions about his team selection and tactics are going to be raised after a period of less than stellar performances. IMO the last few fall into that category. I think the reality is that some of us (myself included) expect him to win every game. Yes, that is unfair and unrealistic, but we see the chance for such greatness from this team.

I don't think anyone has said that he isn't the greatest manager in football - he is. But when the team falls short, some of us will criticise.

Whether we should or not is a valid point - but isn't that what these forums are about...differing opinions?

fazman said:
I wish I could of put it like you jazz instead I lost my temper again must learn to control my temper when mourons post rubbish
It's 'morons' and not 'mourons' ... ;)

But no need for names like that.

People have the right to an opinion - right or wrong.

Opinions are never wrong - to those who have them.

To others they may seem ludicrous.

They may quote facts and figures that are wrong - so correct them.

You can suggest to them they are wrong - and tell them your views which is what
a forum is for. But why worry about it ? Why get stressed and angry about it ?

I made a thread about Ronaldo - after he missed the penalty recently
I asked people if he looked dazed and lost interest in the game. (I didn't
actually say he did, I asked if people thought he did but as usual
people misread things). People were up in arms about it, going crazy etc etc (I
deleted it in the end, I couldn't be bothered to show how they had mis-read it)...
but why ? If, If ......If that was my point of view, or how I saw it, so what !
Either make a sensible comment on it ... or carry on to the next thread !!

Chill out Fazzy Man ... watch your blood pressure ... Why get these silly bans
because someone has said something you disagree with ... we can always track
them down and beat them with a soggy newspaper anyway ... ;)

moondog said:
OK people, I know I am going to get roundly criticized for this, but Fergie is not infallable (he may be close to it, tho!). He is a human being and makes mistakes like the rest of us. He is in a position where questions about his team selection and tactics are going to be raised after a period of less than stellar performances. IMO the last few fall into that category. I think the reality is that some of us (myself included) expect him to win every game. Yes, that is unfair and unrealistic, but we see the chance for such greatness from this team.

I don't think anyone has said that he isn't the greatest manager in football - he is. But when the team falls short, some of us will criticise.

Whether we should or not is a valid point - but isn't that what these forums are about...differing opinions?
Nice post Mr and worthy of some rep points ;)

I'd like to add ...

It is OK to criticise the guy ...

But don't do it when he has four games left to win the two biggest prizes
available to United !!!

I would wait until it is impossible for him to win them !!!

Because until this time - he could, and would prove you wrong !!

He's done it before and he will do it again !!!

carlyluvsunited said:
Why get these silly bans
because someone has said something you disagree with ... we can always track
them down and beat them with a soggy newspaper anyway ... ;)

Mr fazzy man lol!! yeah but you can use the soggy newspaper I want to use a great big soggy fish!!

Forever_United said:
I couldnt agree with you more there versa. you read my mind, well said ! :)

Edit: By Carly ... Another one who reproduces a huge post - to respond with one line. Unnecesary ;)
tbh carly i was in two minds whether to post it, cheers for correcting me :) i've learnt something new today :D

Jazz 16 said:
Excellent post and its exactly how I feel. All the moaners are out as usual:rolleyes:.......................
Agree with both posts there!

Edit: By Carly: No need to reproduce the whole post,
especiially one as long as that, to say this.
Makes the page too long and takes people a
long time to read the whole thread ... ;)

Edit from manutd004: np Carly ;)

Jazz 16 said:
Excellent post and its exactly how I feel. All the moaners are out as usual:rolleyes:
saying Fergie did this and that wrong blah blah etc etc......I would have done
this and played x and y, as if they are more qualified than Fergie.
These people make me laugh and to a small degree disgust me.

Everyone is up in arms after a few games of not winning.
can I remind these people that these games were in Ewood park, the Nou Camp
and Stamford Bridge, arguably some of the toughest places to get a result in
World football. There is no shame in not winning in these stadiums.

As you mentioned above we were 5 mins or a dodgy penalty away from
effectively winning the Prem, and now people are saying Fergie hasnt a clue :rolleyes:

We are STILL top of the Prem, in a great position, we are STILL in the semi's
of the CL also in a very good position.

Threads like these not only piss me off, but should at least be posted AFTER
the next few games if we happen to muck them up and lose but we havent
lost anything yet.....

Have some faith ffs and show some support......
Some of you are so ungrateful......and the funny thing is, is that this could be
a HUGE season and yet everyone is pissed off with 'tactics' :confused:
Some people wouldnt know a tactic if it bit them in the arse, and no its not
those little green and orange sweets either :rolleyes:

but its ok, if we win on tuesday and we beat West Ham, we can all celebrate
together and we can all forget how you doubted the master that is Fergie.

Actually no, Ill gladly dig these threads out after we have won some silverware,
and remind all you doubters of the harsh words you wrote.

If everything falls to pieces and we lose out in both trophies, Ill admit I got
it wrong and apologise. But Ill never doubt Fergie and my support for United
will never wane.

Apologies if this may seem a bit harsh and is offensive to some, but Im in a rush,
have had a crap day and this subject rightly gets on my wick.
;-)
I understand what you are saying but it's too easy to call us "moaners" and think it will all go away. I think that we will beat Barca (although not as convincing as it should be ) and that momentum wil cary us through against west ham/wigan. We will win the league and reach the final. However , that would not make the "moaners" wrong and if we lost both it would not make us right either. How it turns out is not as relevant as you think. Many of us "moaners" have felt this way about Fergie's tactics for years (esp. in Europe).

The "everything is Ok" Ostriches (well if you call us moaners) don't seem to make any logical points but instead just say "if we win it then the moaners will have to eat their words". What kind of argument is that? I will not be eating my words because it's perfectly possible that United will do it despite the wrong tactics. I will however be utterly happy if the results don't back up my theory. Some of you Ostriches seem to think we "moaners" don't care or would be sad to see United come through. Nothing would be further from the truth.

I started to feel uneasy when Arsenal were given the freedom of OT a few weeks ago. The final result was great , but I thought we looked so passive and nervous. The writing was on the wall then . A gooner team on it's knees , low on confidence and having already been smashed on the same ground was allowed to freewheel it through the first half like it was a game of netball? Duh? We seriously got out of jail that day. The result? Did that make the tactics right? Was it the right thing to do to sit back and watch Arsenal rebuild their fragile confidence by passing their triangles? When United got the ball the gooners were right on us so we gave it back to them , when they got it we just took photos half the time until we had to do something at 0-1. Mind you if ferdinand had got that nervous OG how different it might have been?

So try to understand that one off results don't always give a good guide to tactical nouse. What I look at is performance levels and the body language of players. I look at passing accuracy , fluency and confidence all of which have gradually been seeping away.One off results don't interest me when I'm trying to figure out whether the tactics are right or not , you have to look over a long period of time and Fergie has under achieved in Europe over nearly a decade now considering we have been in so many semis and QF. United just don't seem to get over that line often enough. So if you want to judge what I'm saying by results then please do.

Despite having said this I am still 100% behind him because I think you have to get behind your man despite his faults and Fergie doesn't have that many!!! My support for United is not waning , it gets stronger at times like this. The past is gone now ... So I will join you in C'MON UNITED!! And I hope you are ramming it down my throat in 3 weeks time.

^^^^^ great post I must say.
My previous post was just thrown out there, angrily and in a hurry.
It wasnt necessarily a go at yourself or others in this thread but more of a
general rant to the fergie bashers. There are many out there and after all he
has achieved I find it hard to stomach, so apologies if it seemed directed at
you or others in this thread.

I have read the many threads on other forums as well and this subject riles me
up. At least wait till after tommorow or next week to 'have a go'.

Ill have to re-read my post and all the others cos Ive got myself into a bit of a
tizzy (Ive had a strange day, lets just say)

Anyway, Im sure we shall continue this debate/conversation another day.

Welcome btw Desmondo to our forum. I hope you like it here, and you seem
like you will be a great member to have around. ;-)

although fergie has enjoyed so much success with united, he has never been convincing in europe. i seriously hope that he can put that record right tomorrow. the club needs more european trophies, fergie himself needs more european trophies, we fans are desperately for more, as ever. fergie can answer his critics once and for all with a huge victory against barca.

D-day at OT tomorrow....

RichardsReds said:
I don't know how you lads get the time to write and read so much!
Me neither Rich....its all in my head and just pours out some days.
Sorry if I bore you but as you can tell Im pretty passionate and could
talk football to a sheep for days on end.......:eek:

desmondo said:
However , that would not make the "moaners" wrong and if we lost both it would not make us right either. How it turns out is not as relevant as you think. Many of us "moaners" have felt this way about Fergie's tactics for years (esp. in Europe).

The "everything is Ok" Ostriches (well if you call us moaners) don't seem to make any logical points but instead just say "if we win it then the moaners will have to eat their words". What kind of argument is that?

Some of you Ostriches seem to think we "moaners" don't care or would be sad to see United come through. Nothing would be further from the truth.

The result? Did that make the tactics right?.... Mind you if ferdinand had got that nervous OG how different it might have been?...So try to understand that one off results don't always give a good guide to tactical nouse. What I look at is performance levels and the body language of players. I look at passing accuracy , fluency and confidence all of which have gradually been seeping away..... you have to look over a long period of time and Fergie has under achieved in Europe over nearly a decade now considering we have been in so many semis and QF.

Despite having said this I am still 100% behind him because I think you have to get behind your man despite his faults and Fergie doesn't have that many!!!
Excellent post, Desmondo. Saying things as it is (not never mind, see what happened next?!!!!). My type of man. Will definitely look out for your posts.:)

Think you have covered all grounds on this matter and save me another long post.

Saying things based on eventual result of each game or at end of season has got absolutely nothing to do with what has or is happening.

And yes, do separate facts from opinions please.

versa said:

Saying things based on eventual result of each game or at end of season has got absolutely nothing to do with what has or is happening.
How so? If we end up winning the double I dont see much of a problem. Do you?
Its a results orientated business at the end of the day.
Of course we are all entitled to our opinions on the matter, which makes
discussions like this interesting.
but I doubt anyone will give 2 hoots about tactics, how well we played,
whether we deserved it or not, IF we become Champions of England and
Europe. :)

Jazz 16 said:
How so? If we end up winning the double I dont see much of a problem. Do you?
Its a results orientated business at the end of the day.
Of course we are all entitled to our opinions on the matter, which makes
discussions like this interesting.
but I doubt anyone will give 2 hoots about tactics, how well we played,
whether we deserved it or not, IF we become Champions of England and
Europe. :)
Because at this moment in time, we are discussing about the last 2 games or some questionable tactics employed. It has nothing to do with eventual outcome at end of season.

Of course, at the end of the day, if we win both honours, we will all faint with joy and more likely than not, to have forgotten what we are now discussing or debating.

But that is not the point we are CURRENTLY at....

Come on United then!!!!! 4 wins at a trot and we will all make up nicely and only naturally. :D :D

Edit: Having just read the whole thread in its entirety, I feel slightly
embarrassed by my first post:eek: . Versa, Desmondo and co. all make very good
points on the issue but I still stick to some of my main points (the ones where
I wasnt being insulting) on the issue.

My post was written in a hurry without having read too much before me
(which I should never have done) but hey we all make mistakes, and it was
directed at 'fans' and Gloryhunters in general. (not members that posted on THIS
thread), but threads across ALL United forums.
Apologies again, and I look forward to continuing on this debate over the week,
preferably after a United win :)

so I can rub it in all your faces..muah ;-)

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.