Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paranoia - "A thought process characterized by excessive anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a perceived threat. In common usage, the term paranoid addresses a range of mental conditions in which the subject is seen to generalise or project fears and anxieties onto the external world, particularly in the form of organised behaviour focused on them."

From Rafa's famous rant that the football world is conspiring against him (and for Sir Alex Ferguson) to his ridiculous comments (mostly inferred) during his Wigan postgame interview about the conspiratorial tactics of his last three opponents - you could make a serious case that this guy is actually going nuts (pardon the colloquialism).

A typical characteristic of this type of personality is an unrelenting stubbourness - the sense that, despite mounting evidence to the contrary, he is always right. Witness his confounding and inexplicable constant use of Lucas, his refusal to play Robbie Keane, his strategy to continuously sit on the slimmest of leads, and his constant rotation policy when there is little reason to believe he has the personnel necessary to execute such a strategy.

He appears to be a man consumed by fear and self doubt, manifesting itself in countless irrational decisions and outbursts.

Whatever the diagnosis, or prognosis, we want rafa to stay at liverpool, as long as the mental health professionals will allow. :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He is a big joke. Don't see what Poo fc fans see in him. Oh he is the king of cups after he fluked a CL and FA Cup which were both games they should of lost. He will never be able to outsmart Fergie - don't know why he even tries. I remember when Fergie said that Keane was too costly and a surpirse buy and Rafa went nuts. Oh wait a min, Keane is not good enough to make the Poo 1st team line up now?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Benitez should stay at Liverpool. He has been fantastic at messing up when things have been going really well for the club. The reason why he is regarded as a great manager is because he has been a really lucky manager. He won the league with Valencia because of luck and didn't he have the luck of his life against Milan in 2005? As for the FA Cup win it was all because of one player - Steven Gerrard.

Take out Gerrard from liverpool and there won't be anything left and Benitez will surely not be able to do anything. He has been poor with his tactics and substitutions in the Premier League since he has arrived and they were just lucky to be on top till December because of verious results going their way.

After his comments at Ferguson he has made the biggest mistake of his life and we'll see Liverpool slide down to the familiar third position they are most suited to be in.

Rafa please stay at Liverpool!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Rahul said:
Benitez should stay at Liverpool. He has been fantastic at messing up when things have been going really well for the club. The reason why he is regarded as a great manager is because he has been a really lucky manager. He won the league with Valencia because of luck and didn't he have the luck of his life against Milan in 2005? As for the FA Cup win it was all because of one player - Steven Gerrard.

Take out Gerrard from liverpool and there won't be anything left and Benitez will surely not be able to do anything. He has been poor with his tactics and substitutions in the Premier League since he has arrived and they were just lucky to be on top till December because of verious results going their way.

After his comments at Ferguson he has made the biggest mistake of his life and we'll see Liverpool slide down to the familiar third position they are most suited to be in.

Rafa please stay at Liverpool!
i think thats the key question take ot gerrard and wat will be of liverpool. have liverpool got any players to replace this poo legend. i know in recent years players have come and gone but its not easy to replace a player of team passion and there isnt another player like gerrards passion at liverpool. No doubt gerrard will see his years out at liverpoo but they aint winning anything even if they had arab billionaires. its not money that brings success its players that want to play for the shirt and not the money first.

·
Registered
629 Posts
trikam patel said:
i think thats the key question take ot gerrard and wat will be of liverpool. have liverpool got any players to replace this poo legend. i know in recent years players have come and gone but its not easy to replace a player of team passion and there isnt another player like gerrards passion at liverpool. No doubt gerrard will see his years out at liverpoo but they aint winning anything even if they had arab billionaires. its not money that brings success its players that want to play for the shirt and not the money first.
Agree with you.

Yeah would have been nice to see Gerrard go to Chelsea three years back. Then we would have seen what team Liverpool truly were without a player. Alas he made a u-turn at the last moment!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rahul said:
Agree with you.

Yeah would have been nice to see Gerrard go to Chelsea three years back. Then we would have seen what team Liverpool truly were without a player. Alas he made a u-turn at the last moment!
?????

That would not have been a good thing.

·
Registered
629 Posts
moondog said:
?????

That would not have been a good thing.
I don't know whether that would have been a good or a bad thing. I was just trying to say that Gerrard was going to leave for Chelsea and if the deal had gone through it would have been nice to see Liverpool's condition that season.

As for Gerrard at Chelsea, he might as well have fought for the midfield with Lampard and we might as well have seen Chelsea with problems like the England national team had.;) But that is just a thoery,

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Does Rafa need medical help ?

Having just seen Rafa's post match press confrence has the man lost it !!

To be honest I want him to stay for the comedy factor he is so funny I've litraly been rolling around lmao !!

What do you think?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm really starting to like Rafa!!!

Taking off Gerrard with 7 minutes to play because he 'looked tired' when you desperately need a goal is one of the worst managerial decisions I have ever come across, especially considering he had already taken off Torres.

·
Registered
366 Posts
red dave said:
Having just seen Rafa's post match press confrence has the man lost it !!

To be honest I want him to stay for the comedy factor he is so funny I've litraly been rolling around lmao !!

What do you think?
Seen it myself RD and there's only one word that describes Raffa at the moment . SCAREY . He is a troubled man and I cant see him in charge at Anfield next season . This is his first real season where the scousers actually think they are in with a shout and look at what its done to their manager . Now its all down to the referees and their desicions . Gillette and the other guy must be wondering what the f they have got themselves into . Its great laugh though . :D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Get it watched people its classic !

I know alot is down the the languege barrier but its so funny to watch he is blaming everyone and everything .

He is the only manager in the premiership who refuses to shake other managers hands when he isnt happy he is just a sad guy.

And to take off your best player with 7 minutes to go when he always pops up with a winner was a wild desicion !!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts