Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts
versa said:
The signs are encouraging nonetheless. Either he is biting the bait now or he is trying to be too smart. :p
He's cage has been rattled that's for sure.

He's been in ill-health lately and when you are not 100% health-wise, you become very weary, very defensive and lash out.

he's lashing out now man, he doesn't want to be seen as weak, yet he doesn't want to be seen as irrational - that's why the paper with the "facts".

it was a joke though...he was so angry he couldn't even read the bloody facts properly. either that or his handwriting is worse than mine.

21 May 2008 said:
Lol @ the people making a big deal of this.

It'll be all forgotten tomorrow when Liverpool win at Stoke sadly.
I was going to challenge this prediction yesterday, I knew it was always going to be tough for loserpool at stokebut I didn't want to jinx it.....

Keep on predicting dipper wins! :D

anyone who thinks that benitez was right to respond to fergie has short memories especially spineless reporters seem to be bigging up rafa while they giggle like schoolkids.The master is winning the mind games and liverpool will not win the league and thats another fact for rafa to chew on

No regrets from Rafa about Rant
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4777140,00.html

Reds boss refuses to back down

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez insists he has no regrets about his tirade at Sir Alex Ferguson as he took another swipe at the Scot.

Benitez, who stunned the football world, with his outspoken attack on Ferguson at his press conference on Friday, refused to back down on his attack on the Manchester United chief.

Speaking after the disappointing goalless draw at Stoke, Benitez continued his tirade at Ferguson by suggesting the United manager is "nervous and scared" of the current Premier League leaders.

The draw put Liverpool four points clear at the top of the table and Benitez has revealed he has received a lot of support for his criticism of Ferguson.

No regrets

"In 20 years nobody could say these things but maybe a lot of people are thinking the same as me. I do not regret saying it," insisted Benitez.

"I can guarantee a lot of people have sent a lot of messages, not to me but to our staff and a lot of people in Liverpool. It is one person saying what everyone wants to say.

"But I was not thinking about what people think, I was thinking about my club and Mr Ferguson's comments on Liverpool this season. You can understand why."

Asked if he thought Ferguson was nervous, Benitez responded: "Clearly", before adding: "Maybe he is a little bit scared."

Benitez admits he will be watching Sunday's showdown between Manchester United and Chelsea with the Spaniard conceding a draw would be the best result for his side.

Perfect result

"I cannot change the game so I will stay at home, watch it on television and enjoy," added Benitez.

"It is clear both cannot win. We will see what happens. A draw could be a perfect result.

"I know him (Ferguson) for five years now and people are saying he is playing mind games. I think it is too early.

"He is talking too much about Liverpool. He has to think about his own team, the problems they have and all the things they are doing."

Benitez admitted his side were far from their best as they were held to a frustrating stalemate by struggling Stoke.

"We started the game really well and in the first 20-25 minutes we had a lot of possession," noted Benitez.

"After that we gave them belief and hope with free-kicks and corners. The second half was 50-50.

"These kinds of games are difficult against a team that is working hard and getting players behind the ball.

"It is not easy to find space and create too many opportunities. But it is one more point, we are still at the top of the table and in a fantastic position."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4777377,00.html

Jose Mourinho has rejected Rafa Benitez's claims that Manchester United receive preferential treatment from referees.

Benitez launched an outspoken attack against United boss Ferguson on Friday accusing the Scot of getting away with criticising referees.

The tirade has caused ripples throughout the footballing world with many observers expressing their views of the incident.

Former Chelsea boss Mourinho, who does not enjoy a good relationship with old rival Benitez, has added his opinion and he believes the Spaniard's criticisms are wide of the mark.

"I played at Old Trafford many times, including a few wins, and never saw anything strange," Mourinho told the Italian media.

daily express

RAFA: GILL'S ROLE AT UTD IS ‘STRANGE'

RAFA Benitez has followed up his rant at Sir Alex Ferguson by questioning David Gill's dual role as Manchester United chief executive as well as FA decision maker.

Gill has been on the FA board since replacing David Dein 30 months ago and is highly regarded.

Benitez, who will have a third operation to remove kidney stones on Wednesday, alleged that United had influenced how their fixture list was drawn up and that the FA were lenient in disciplining Ferguson.

Talking about Gill, who is also on the FA World Cup board bidding for the 2018 tournament, Benitez said: “It's another fact. So maybe we will talk in another press conference about facts.

“One fact is that a person that has a lot of power and control and is on a lot of committees is in the FA. So, something is very strange.â€

Benitez is ready to meet Ferguson face to face following his fierce criticism of him and says he has got massive support from fellow managers.

Benitez is fed up of Ferguson's attacks on Liverpool, and is not afraid of getting the infamous hair-dryer treatment.

He said: “Would I meet Mr Ferguson face to face? I don't have any problem.

“I have a lot of respect for him as a good manager. If he wants to talk about the weather we can talk about the weather.

“I don't need to put pressure on Manchester United. They are under pressure, they know they are, because when you talk too much about another team that means you are under pressure. I need to change my mobile phone because it is blocked with messages.

“One fact is that a person that has a lot of power and control and is on a lot of committees is in the FA. So, something is very strange.”

I think he forgets whose place Gill took. :D

White coat and tablets for Rafa please nurse Rached, one's flown out the cukoos nest !!

versa said:
daily express

“I don't need to put pressure on Manchester United. They are under pressure, they know they are, because when you talk too much about another team that means you are under pressure. I need to change my mobile phone because it is blocked with messages.

Then shut the **** up you retarded Spanish pea****!

daily mail

Watch out, Rafa: He's ‘disturbed' says ****-a-hoop Man United boss Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson described title rival Rafael Benitez as 'disturbed' and 'ridiculous' after seeing his Manchester United team close the gap at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 3-0 dismantling of Chelsea.

Goals from Nemanja Vidic, Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov gave United a deserved victory yesterday over a disjointed and dispirited Chelsea side.
If United beat Wigan at home on Wednesday and then win at Bolton on Saturday, they will leapfrog Liverpool and go top of the table for the first time this season.

Benitez's team play Merseyside rivals Everton a week tonight. Afterwards, Ferguson took the opportunity to respond to Friday's remarkable attack from Benitez, who had suggested that his rival considered himself above the law.

Ferguson said: 'I think you have to cut through the venom of what he said - and there was a lot of venom there - and hopefully he will reflect and understand that what he was saying was ridiculous.

'There was an angry man there. He is disturbed for some reason or another.' Benitez suggested on Friday that he was presenting 'facts' against Ferguson when he suggested that the United manager was allowed to get away with repeated verbal attacks on referees.

But Ferguson added: 'They are not facts. But I am not going into it. We should concentrate on chasing the leaders, who are Liverpool. We have games in hand and we must use them.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-says-****-hoop-Man-United-boss-Ferguson.html

You could say that Liverpool faced no extra pressure in playing Stoke, but history will tell you that results on this particular weekend went against them, and, for that reason, Ferguson will conclude that he has come out on top. he is the real MASTER OF MIND GAMES

versa said:
daily express

RAFA Benitez has followed up his rant at Sir Alex Ferguson by questioning David Gill's dual role as Manchester United chief executive as well as FA decision maker.

Gill has been on the FA board since replacing David Dein 30 months ago and is highly regarded.

Benitez, who will have a third operation to remove kidney stones on Wednesday, alleged that United had influenced how their fixture list was drawn up and that the FA were lenient in disciplining Ferguson.

Talking about Gill, who is also on the FA World Cup board bidding for the 2018 tournament, Benitez said: “It's another fact. So maybe we will talk in another press conference about facts.

“One fact is that a person that has a lot of power and control and is on a lot of committees is in the FA. So, something is very strange.â€

Benitez is ready to meet Ferguson face to face following his fierce criticism of him and says he has got massive support from fellow managers.

Benitez is fed up of Ferguson's attacks on Liverpool, and is not afraid of getting the infamous hair-dryer treatment.

He said: “Would I meet Mr Ferguson face to face? I don't have any problem.

“I have a lot of respect for him as a good manager. If he wants to talk about the weather we can talk about the weather.

The fat Spanish waiter has fully lost it, and this bit in bold proves that, whos the freak that dug up heaps of rubbish about SAF....... you Rafa, yes you!! We have you Rafa and you know, United for no.18

My guess....

I believe having led the table for a while, especially having beaten us and Chelsea which were something they could not forsee even in their wildest dream, and having nicked it in the final moments in some games, Liverpool started to wonder/wander and gingerly began to dream big but are not too sure if it is realistic enough or achievable.

The suspense, after all these endless years and with the end of the season still months away, was too much for them to bear and soon anxieties and a little doubt started to creep in.... Can we hold the lead till the end of the season? What if...? Oh no!! But we know we can.... we think we can.... we should be able to do it.... WE MUST FFS!!!!....

All it takes was for somebody to come along to flip the switch for them to crack.

Fergie gleefully took the honours...

And the rest is history.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.