Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has confirmed he is checking on Wigan star Ami Zaki, after the African hit-man scored a memorable double at Anfield on Saturday.

The Egyptian striker has taken the Premier League by storm this season with seven goals in his first eight game making him top scorer in England's top-flight.

He highlighted his form with a brilliant brace at Liverpool, which included a stunning volley at the Kop end.

Wigan signed the forward on loan from El Zamalek in his homeland and they always stated that they had secured first refusal on him.
No deal

However, in recent days, Zamalek have insisted that they will sell the player to which ever club they want, and Manchester City are already thought to have made contact via their new Abu Dhabi-based owners.

"We will have the right to sell Zaki to any club," Zamalek president Mamdouh Abbas stated.

But Benitez, who looks set to be in the market for a new front-man come January, has intriguingly admitted that he will also be taking a close look at Zaki after his outstanding display against the Spaniard's side on Saturday.

"Everybody will be checking his situation now," Benitez admitted in The Times.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4360119,00.html

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I saw this earlier, and tbh, there isn't much in what he said to take out to say that he wants to sign Zaki.

But, I would much prefer them to sign Heskey being honest :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
well all teams dream of Zaki

i wish they don't get them as i hope that he stays with Heskey at Wigan or join a club that plays good football like Arsenal or Aston Villa

but thats not very likely as i think Heskey will join the scouse and turn into a flopping benchwarmer and Zaki will be signed by Citteh as they can pay his Egyptian team more than Wigan can weather Zaki wants to stay or leave and then Wigan will have the same fate Tottenham are facing now who lost their best two strikers and are suffering now desipte having a top manager

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its a fact, who ever plays upfront with heskey gets goals. Of course, you have to be a good player, which zaki is. But if he goes to liverpool his career would go downhill. he should stay at wigan like palacios & valencia, & wait for that big move to united, if it ever comes. Cause you know, at united you will be a success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts