Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool's Rafa Benitez & Manchester United's Alex Ferguson Told To Stop Arguments - Report - Goal.com

According to a report in the British tabloid The Sun, Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez and Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson have been warned to put an end to their press conference accusations.

Apparently, League Managers' Association chief executive Richard Bevan has told the pair that they risk bringing the game of football, or the Premier League at least, into disrepute if they continue their feud.

The ongoing argument, which has intensified of late, seems to have stemmed from Benitez's rant during January, when he accused Ferguson of being the only manager to escape punishment for making comments about referees and suggested that United have a better fixture arrangement.

Ferguson recently backed up claims made by Blackburn Rovers manager Sam Allardyce that Benitez had made disrespectful gestures during a league match at Anfield, and accused the Spaniard of showing contempt towards fellow coaches.

When told that Liverpool had been offended by his remarks, Ferguson replied, "I am sure they are."

Whether the pair will take heed of the advice from the LMA remains to be seen and it could make for even more interesting viewing.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shut it! | The Sun |Sport|Football

ALEX FERGUSON and Rafa Benitez have been handed a humiliating ultimatum: Quit your war — NOW.

The Manchester United and Liverpool bosses were told their battle has put the game in the gutter.

The clash reached crisis point yesterday when League Managers’ Association chief Richard Bevan sensationally stepped in to try to defuse the situation.

Their war of words reached a head last Friday when Fergie accused Benitez of being rude and arrogant for calling Everton a small club and for a gesture he made during Liverpool’s win over Blackburn.

Yesterday Ferguson refused to back down and said: “I made my point about it. I don’t understand why he did it.

“I don’t want to go on about it any more. I made my point. There is no point carrying it on. It’s plain for everybody to see now. I have made my issue about it.”

Fergie says a crossed-hand gesture by Benitez suggested it was ‘game over’ when the Kop scored their second in a 4-0 win over Blackburn 10 days ago.

Liverpool claim Benitez was merely making the gesture at himself after his players ignored his instructions and still scored.

It was put to Ferguson that Liverpool were upset about the accusations. The United boss said: “I am sure they are.”

The row between the two has been going on since Benitez blew his top about Ferguson’s claims about fixtures and refs.

In a January Press conference, Benitez pulled out a piece of paper and reeled of a list of ‘facts’ in a bid to put Ferguson straight. Fergie called the rant ‘disturbed’.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is no stranger to verbal duels with Fergie.

He said of the mind games: “I believe it can sometimes have a negative impact rather than a positive impact.

WES BROWN has given United another fitness boost by coming through an hour of his comeback game at Preston.

The England defender, out since November with a foot injury, now aims to play a part in the run-in.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Its quite Funny. Should set up a PPV boxng match between them. Who'd win?
Lets see.

On one side we have a fiery scott who was brought up in a rough part of Scotland and has past experiences of fights (anyone heard the story of when he was tricked into drinking piss by some bullies, so he broke there faces with Snooker Balls).

The other side has a fat Spanish waitor who has past experiences in the art of racking up.

Plus, lets look at there weapon's of choice.

Fergie - a football boot.

Rafa - a tray with food on.

Only one winner I'm afraid.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Typicial that it's gutter journalists like The Sun that try and keep this story going to sell papers. Idiots buy them for their sensational headlines. It's a joke. Does any actual fan really care about this bollix anymore?

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
in all reality though, what can rafa benitez possibly say about saf, benitez is nothing compared to what sir alex has done throughout his career.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lets see.

On one side we have a fiery scott who was brought up in a rough part of Scotland and has past experiences of fights (anyone heard the story of when he was tricked into drinking piss by some bullies, so he broke there faces with Snooker Balls).

The other side has a fat Spanish waitor who has past experiences in the art of racking up.

Plus, lets look at there weapon's of choice.

Fergie - a football boot.

Rafa - a tray with food on.

Only one winner I'm afraid.
Rafa?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fergie 2
Rafa 0

:(

Why did he have to respond? He was actually starting to make Fergie look silly by not responding, but he just couldn't help himself.

·
23,699 Posts
Fergie 2
Rafa 0

Why did he have to respond? He was actually starting to make Fergie look silly by not responding, but he just couldn't help himself.
Could it be this?

Benitez fuels the feud with Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE: RAFAEL BENITEZ has waded into another potential feud with Alex Ferguson by mischievously suggesting the Manchester United manager recognises “Liverpool are the better side”.

The Spaniard, whose verbal exchanges with Ferguson have become a regular feature in this season’s title race, also claimed the United manager thinks he has a “licence” to play mind games with his rivals because he makes his remarks without fear of being challenged.

“I’m not having a battle of words with Alex Ferguson,” Benitez said in an interview with his hometown newspaper, ABC . “But I believe that he can see that we are the better side, and that we are very close to United. He has been accustomed to playing these types of mind games for many years.

“Nobody has ever said anything against him, or stood up to him, as he has a very good team that can win trophies. It seems like he has a licence to do these sorts of things.”

The Liverpool manager, whose side trail United by three points and have played a game more, has emphasised how important it is for his players to continue to believe the Premier League title is not out of their reach despite Tuesday night’s 4-4 draw with Arsenal at Anfield.

“It is essential for us to try to keep the pressure on United,” Benitez added. “We must not slacken off, and if we keep going that will make them feel under pressure.”

Benitez fuels the feud with Ferguson - The Irish Times - Fri, Apr 24, 2009

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Fergie 2
Rafa 0

Because he cannot help himself, he is losing this 'war' and should back off say nowt and it will all go away.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts