Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafael and Fabio da Silva, two of the most exciting players I've seen in our ranks in recent years. Both packed with potential, ability, and enthusiasm. But one thing has been holding them both back all season: Injuries.

So what do we make of it? Is it just an unfortunate coincidence that keeps happening, or is there maybe something more serious going on?

Its possible they are both injury prone, bodies not cut out for premier league football, I've even heard it suggested that twins have weaker bodily structures. But there are two other potential reasons that have struck me today, that would point towards a more short term problem.

If I am informed correctly, they had no football for over a year before joining us, because their team froze them out once they had agreed to sign for us. So their bodies would have been seriously out of practice, and then to be thrown into intense training with the European champions would naturally take its toll. So maybe their bodies are currently just suffering the effects of time out of football, which would seem like something that would soon be got over.

One other potential reason, if even simpler. Where they are from, the ground football is played on is much harder, and you bounce off it effortlessly while running on it. Here, in Manchester in particular, the ground is much softer due to the local weather conditions. Which is much more hard work for the body to run on, so could cause issues with leg injuries. Which they both have suffered. So maybe their bodies are just going through a stage of getting used to the softer conditions, and intensive training.

Any thoughts?

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Hopefully its nothing to be concerned about, its a process of getting used to the English football and recover their 1 year absence off the game they had before.

About injury prone players - Those who were willed enough still were successful in their own way and hopefully if its the case with them (Which i`m nearly sure its not) they can still give their part in the nearby future.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Well Rafael has only had 1 I think - it was just a big one.

Fabio also hads a serious one with his broken colar bone.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Well, physically I can't say they're exactly ready
for the Premiership, they certainly need a gym pass
or two.

I don't think it's genetic or anything, though.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I dont think its anything serious I just think they need to adjust, they'' toughen up within a year or two

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
I think you are a moron.
Both players have only had 1 "injury" each and Fabio didnt even have a proper injury. He had a possible weakness in his shoulder so they operated on it. Why the hell did you procrastinate that into a 12,000 word essay? Doesnt help that they are a bit small and run around the pitch like pinballs.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I think you are a moron.
Both players have only had 1 "injury" each and Fabio didnt even have a proper injury. He had a possible weakness in his shoulder so they operated on it. Why the hell did you procrastinate that into a 12,000 word essay? Doesnt help that they are a bit small and run around the pitch like pinballs.
No need for that tone.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I think you are a moron.

Why is he a moron now?!
He just made a post about two of our most exciting young players coming up to the 1st team..
He stated that they may be injury-prone or may have problems trying to play regularly with the 1st team because of re-occuring injuries.. It's just a worry that most of us united Fan's have..
We want to think these 2 players can play a lot of 1st team football next season and hope they will create great competition for places..!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It's true that they have been held back by injuries but I dont buy into all this 'injury prone' mularky.
They are footballers in a physical game and they are bound to get hurt once in a while.
Every player on the squad has suffered an injury at some point, be it a small one or a nasty one.
Some people reckon Hargreaves is the new Saha and is injury probe :rolleyes: Its complete nonsense.
Simply, some are just luckier than others.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Why is he a moron now?!
He just made a post about two of our most exciting young players coming up to the 1st team..
He stated that they may be injury-prone or may have problems trying to play regularly with the 1st team because of re-occuring injuries.. It's just a worry that most of us united Fan's have..
We want to think these 2 players can play a lot of 1st team football next season and hope they will create great competition for places..!
here here - but I still dont think it's anything serious

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
they arent injury prone, for god sakes they are barely teenagers, theyr bodies arent strong enough yet but with time their bodies will mature and you will less and less injuries.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
In this instance I don't think a poor understanding of the English language is the problem.
More or less. While they're not barely teenagers, as that happens when you get into your teens 13, etc., he's in essence right, as adolescents are still growing so they don't yet have the muscle mass and bone structure of an adult. Youngsters heal faster and all that, but the body needs time to develop. Ronaldo left here an 18 year old, but he didn't have the body at it's peak efficiency.

Add to that the fact that brazilian football is VERY different from the european, not to mention the PL, so it's normal that the added physical stress and conditioning is causing injuries, since I doubt they've ever worked as hard as they are now.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I think you are a moron.

:fyou: :fyou: Dont use this tone.

·
23,699 Posts
Why is he a moron now?!
+1.

I don't think we want a forum where everybody post it safe or 'smart'. There will be nothing to look forward to.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts