Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young Reds right-back Rafael has agreed a new two-year contract extension at United, a deal which keeps the promising Brazilian teenager at Old Trafford until at least June 2013.
Sir Alex Ferguson is delighted with the progress Rafael has made in his debut season with the Reds.

“Everyone at the club has been very impressed and excited by his first year as a professional," Sir Alex told ManUtd.com.

"His enthusiasm and the adventurous way he plays is typical of a Manchester United player and we are delighted that the has signed a new contract.”

Rafael hopes that this contract is the start of a long association with United.

“It has been a fantastic first year and I have been learning from all the players at the club but especially from the defence," he said.

"It has been an exciting time for me and I want to be part of this for a long time so to get an extension is unbelievable."

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Rafael signs 2yr contract extension

This is great news. :)

Rafael is a brilliant prospect and hopefully part of the long-term future at United.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Excellent news. I have no doubt that him and Fabio will go on to become United legends. He fully deserves the improved contract.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Great news. Brillant prospect and talent for United's future. Lets get Fabio signed up for the long run too.
They're both 2 hugely talented full backs and i'm sure they will be a great success in the coming years.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Delighted he got his new contract hoping too see him in United shirt for a long time. One side of his game i think he needs to improve on is his defending.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Great news, him and fabio will be part of our defence for years to come.I think it's a great idea to buy young players then bring them through the youth set-ups, as that makes a player care more for the club and makes them understand what all about playing for this great club.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Glad to hear this news. Seems to have the similar mould of Evra with the attacking full back. Imagine him in a couple of years time when he has matured a bit. Him and Evra on each side :eek:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Great news i read it on the OS yesterday, in 1 or 2 seasons time he will be excellent. Can't wait until then :D

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Good news. He has a lot of improving to do but is an excellent prospect for the future, as long as he learns how to defend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts